MUA knee so stiff<<

Not wrong at all to seek a second opinion. I'm glad your GP is helping.

Got to wait 12 weeks plus before seeing a New Surgeon and that just to discuss why knee is so bad, put on waiting list.
Returning to work this Friday on phased return. really concerned how I'm going to cope especially now I'm "walking " with a bent knee and still on crutches, will be using walking stick while at work. the guys whom I work with are going to be shocked to see the state I'm returning to work in
My knee looks like this ( < ).
At the beginning of having both knees done my only request was for me to continue cycling , now I lucky if I can walk- :cry:

Can you ask to be put on a cancellation list to possibly get in earlier? I think it's good that at least you are on a schedule to see a new one!

That’s a very long time, yes I’d ask for dibs on cancellation dates. Someone is always canceling or something happens they need to reschedule.

@sistersinhim @knee#2 -Trouble with this request - is that the GP has written to the hospital and I have to wait for the referral letter which could take weeks. and only when I receive this can I contact hospital-
also made a mistake with waiting times for hospital is that it is 18 weeks instead of 12.
I also thought I asked for more physiotherapy while waiting for hospital referral - unfortunately this too can take up to the same level of time -unless I pay for it and this very expensive

While you're waiting for PT, you can do the things you have already learned from your previous visits to PT. At least you're in the system now and are getting things going.

Returning to work tomorrow- I would normally be relieved but im very worried about returning due to bent knee and how im going to cope-
Notice though today my leg is getting very weak .

Self referral in this country is so annoying -asked to fill in questionnaire etc for appointment which I did and it was decided was- all I got was a set of diagrams for exercises to do , what have I got to do for someone to listen and get this problem sorted , my leg to fall off.

Returned back to work today on crutches and all went well no pain in knees but unfortunately the bent knee persists and walk with terrible limp but I guess this is my life from now on,

Second day back to work and my knee very painful and now noticing my leg is beginning to drag good job im still using my crutches, plus it getting very swollen and starting to go numb below the knee. and my other knee is started to get tight and very swollen too due to the extra weight I'm transferring from my new knee. extremely tired and laying on the bed while I write this

What you are having to go through really stinks. :prayer::console2:

So sorry things have not gone well for you, we are all still watching and waiting for your situation to be resolved successfully.

glad the first week back to work is finished and now only working part time, my new knee is absolute murder pain wise. I'm crawling to work on my crutches .
Just want to scream "I wish I never had my knee done" -should had listened to my family whom said do not have it done

Spoke to PT today and spoke about my difficulties and was told I'm now look to be considered has disabled due to my new knee condition

My knee has i said has a very bend in it has not to straighten- - though suddenly its gotten very stiff has well-
Any one knows of a very good OIL I can lubricate my knees with:rotfl:

I’m glad your sense of humor is still there. I hope you get an appointment for a second opinion soon.

Been walking or shall I say hobbling/limping around nowadays but boy has my other tkr knee has been hurting and swelling up like a balloon due to me transferring weight- and if I don't get the new knee looked at soon - I will be looking at two knee revisions not heard anything yet about my second opinion date yet -goodness know if I don't agree with that one , I be living forever more with bad knee replacements= it goes to show that all knee replacements are not successful and life is made worse from having them done

I know this sounds strange but -Today while walking out with the support of my crutches my new knee wobbled and vibrated every time I placed foot on the surface and I can feel the whole new prosthesis which feels really strange .I know this weird but tis hard to describe it
wonder is this a sign of a loosing knee:shrug:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts