MUA knee so stiff<<

Oh no! That's unfortunate. :console2:

I hope the antibiotics soon do their magic work and everything settles down quickly.
You have 10 days before your surgery date, so you just might find everything is OK.

However, your surgeon will be the one to decide.
Do let us know what he/she says, won't you?
 
@Celle went to Doctors first to get advice and examination prior to speaking to Surgeon and it was good that I did- The Doctor said "all was ok" and gave me the all clear to go. The hydrocele is still there with dull ache but that's the nature of it no inflammation or infection thank goodness.:yikes:
Strange how I spent the whole weekend getting down and tearful and nervous why I don't know, would presume I was mentally getting all geared up to go , cannot say excited but more nervous and relieved it was going to happen and then something like this would spoil it, though consciously i kept reminding myself I lived with the pain in knee for some time a little longer wont hurt and my life is more than a new knee well consciously that's what I was telling myself but Sub-consciously it was not listening - Really never gave it much thought on how something like this can have an impact on a person mental wellbeing. still feel tearful and got bad nerves but sure they calm down soon after rest :mcoffee:- what Impact all this have on my recovery I don't know
 
Is it usual for all to have !! I had my pre -op blood test a week ago and now got to have another this Thursday, will take urine sample though not ask to do so- just covering all areas. this time i seems to be freaking out:yikes: more than usual. also Wednesday this week got to go to orthopaedics for equipment with all whats going on within me - feel like saying why bother until op is done ?:what:
 
I hope it’s all just precaution and all goes well for you.
 
I had my pre-ops including blood then had to go the following week, day before surgery, but turns out it was for sample to have blood on hand for surgery. Not needed during surgery but did have transfusion a couple of days later. :scratch:
 
@Izabel , thank you for your helpful comment.

I have edited your post, to remove italics from the font.
Please don't use italics, because that's the format that the BoneSmart programme uses for quotes and it's confusing if you also post in italics. At first, I thought you were quoting something.
So please will you help us in this respect? Thank you. :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Thankyou for all the support- had my blood taken -it was just - if needed for blood transfusion and spoke about my other problem and ask a few questions but they where not that concern with it -so all being well Tuesday 24th- 7.15am , new knee will be in place . though I must admit I am more anxious
this time than before- again I now I'm ​
repeating myself but just Want to share it with others who understands my anxiety ,:bolt:
 
It’s very normal to be more anxious this time after all you’ve been through. I would feel the same way. In fact, I already do.

I have a partial that has never felt right. I was quite upset a couple of months ago dreading a revision. What if it’s not right again. My second opinion Dr would not look past my X-ray which looks fine, so no revision recommended. That in itself is both good news and bad news.

Good in that I don’t have the stress and fear of a revision, but bad in that my knee still isn’t right.

I’m 2 years post op. Time will tell if I get any improvement. I can always hope, right?
 
5 days of showers with Hibiscub is that necessary before surgery ?
 
I had to do the same thing. Plus make sure there were clean sheets on the bed the night before surgery.
 
Op Wednesday morning - not looking forward to the spinal -last time felt the whole needle go in - wished I could be out for the count before this
 
Last post before OP tomorrow- nerves ok so far- hope Im one of the first this time and not the last has last Knee Op - sat in room for hours :froggies:
 
Best, best wishes!!
 
Being the first is much better and easier on the nerves. Best wishes...
 
Thankyou all for your wishes and now arrived back home with new right knee - no complications but in pain at moment I have got to get pain killing right with ice and rest. been Rivaroxaban for month
 
Welcome back to recovery.

Here’s a refresher course for you:

Following these guidelines will help you have a less painful recovery.

Knee Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
don't overwork.​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
6. Access to these pages on the website

The Recovery articles:
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?

Energy drain for TKRs

Elevation is the key

Ice to control pain and swelling

Heel slides and how to do them properly

Chart representation of TKR recovery

Healing: how long does it take?

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

There are also some cautionary articles here
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in the majority of BoneSmart’s forums, we ask that each member have only One Recovery Thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review the member’s history before providing advice, so please post any updates or questions you have right here in this thread.
 
Thankyou @Jockette very helpful with the reminder and make it a lot better -for I was told rest and keeping mobile frequently -not to lay or sit about for long:dead:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom