MUA knee so stiff<<

What a relief Staples just now been removed - painful - why now am I beginning to get concerned about infection has soon has see red scar is this normal for us
 
In my early days my scar was discolored. After getting up and moving some it became red and then lightly purple all around it. I sent a photo to Josephine and she said it was perfectly normal. Yours probably is, too. If it get hot, not just warm, I think you should call your doctor. Actually, you should call him/her if you have any serious concerns.
 
I would think getting those staples taken out upset the incision a little.

Like sistersinhim, my scar would get red with activity for quite a while.
 
scar wound is very itchy now and very irritating to say the least -don't want to scratch itch has may cause infection . I did ask the nurse whom had taken out the staples .can i put anti itch cream on it and she said NO- try get some antihistamines anyone got any other solutions :groan:
 
Last night had severe pains in leg - kept me awake all night and could not sit still or lay still -so much was the pain I could not put any weight on it and now today the same thing -my leg hurt so much and shortly going to attend PT - afraid I'm not going to do much there - all this despite not doing much and icing and taking meds , is this normal -cannot recall this happening with other leg
Forgot to mention - that wife came with me and while I was in PT she spoke to other fellow wifes of tkr men and most stated husbands there going through same thing with restless nights because of husband pains etc and most moved to another bedroom because of constant up and downs - wife stated it would be great to have local groups of fellow tkrs to meet up with and to talk too- cannot disagree with her has would be good
 
Last edited:
I think you should call your surgeon.

Be very careful at PT, it might be good for them to know about and document this pain.
 
@Jockette Went to PT the pain was bad and told Heidi my PT she wrote it down. then asked usual questions -she stating still in early days and all look ok she then preceded to get me to do gentle exercises and Wow how it made knee ad leg feel so much better and I walked pretty good - I must admit not been doing any exercises at all and perhaps this is reason getting pain - will start to begin gentle exercises and see how it goes -if no improvement -will see my surgeon
 
wife stated it would be great to have local groups of fellow tkrs to meet up with and to talk too- cannot disagree with her has would be good
She does have; right here on Bonesmart. Set her up to read a lot of recovery threads and she'll see that what you are going through is perfectly normal.
 
@sistersinhim I know sounds silly but never thought of it and now getting her to read through of the threads,
Just recently been finding it really difficult to have cold pack on knee even when wrapping a thick towel around it- it starts tiny zingers off and after a very short while have to remove it has it become so uncomfortable, I must be unique has not heard anyone else have this problem . also pain in kneecap everytime i bend it I have a sharp knife like pain sticking into it- this stop also myself from bending it -at present only got 70% Rom and stuck at this
 
Last edited:
You aren't even 1/12 of the way of being totally healed. You can expect to have pain here and there and then someplace else the next day. It is an aggravating recovery. One day you think you're all the way, then the next day you're back down again. Just take it slow and easy. Treat your knee like a newborn baby, cause it is.
 
Sistersinhim- how true sometime I forget and want to run before I can walk- excuse the Pun! today went for a short 5min walk along my street:running: and boy! my leg swollen up to twice the size and stiff and now ache and will suffer tonight when in bed :elevate:- that will teach me to take it steady - mind you what i have noticed it not so much pain now but a heavy ache
 
Need advice here - since my op on knee I really felt because of the pain if I move knee off and on the bed or move to the side I hear and feel a very dull clicking noise and then sudden shooting pain inside of leg near the knee and then there is pain for an hour or so- this don't feel right , I do not have this whilst standing or walking -
 
I can identify. I think it is simply the fact that during surgery so many tendons and ligaments are stretched, pushed, and battered... it really is quite brutal. At this point in recovery they are still finding their stabilizing position and new point of elasticity. As the supporting muscles regain strength this should improve. I am about 3 weeks ahead of you and this is happening less. There are still a couple move that set it off but it is improving, clicks an still happen but pain is resolving.
 
Need advice here - since my op on knee I really felt because of the pain if I move knee off and on the bed or move to the side I hear and feel a very dull clicking noise and then sudden shooting pain inside of leg near the knee and then there is pain for an hour or so- this don't feel right , I do not have this whilst standing or walking -
It's still very early days in your recovery and I think the reason for this could be that your soft tissues are still recovering, so they're not supporting your knee externally as well as they will later. That means that you may have a bit of lateral movement, which the new knee doesn't like - hence the pain.
If it persists, do see your surgeon about it.
 
Thankyou all again for the support again and it does seems like a bit of Lateral movement which has today seems to subsided a bit today and I starting to see small progress today - been more on my feet today ,though still taking it slowly and pain and swelling seem to subsided a bit too. more of an ache in the leg . Ive also taken my steri -strips of my wound which is a relief has they were beginning to irritate and when i took them off can see redness were they were attached ,so clearly they were part of reason my leg was itching
 
I'm glad you got rid of the steristrips. They really aren't necessary, but they do provide a little bit of reassurance. Since you seemed to be reacting to them, you're better off without them.
 
Noticing that there is a swelling just below knee REF on grid is RF2 D/E exactly on the line . swelling not painful or red to the touch and only just slightly obvious . it is were I been having sudden pain with the lateral movement. obviously will keep eye on it . any ideas ?:shrug:
 
It's all part of the healing process. One day it'll hurt here, the next day it'll hurt there. It's like each area wants their equal opportunity of hurting. No fun at all.
 
@sistersinhim what also i should have added is the swelling is a round lump not hard or painful just tender if I push it in or rub it -the size of small satsuma -on inner right hand side of knee just below kneecap.
 
Back
Top Bottom