MUA knee so stiff<<

Thankyou all for your support , visited Doctors today and just to top it all have been diagnosed With Planter fasciitis so another appointment to hospital along with the others appointments. when it rains it pours:blackcloud: ! never mind . I buy a set of inner soles and trainers and soon be running:walking:, or not in my case ,
 
Oh no. You aren't getting very many breaks, are you? I had plantar fasciitis years ago and it's one of two non-life threatening conditions I hope never to face again. The other is kidney stones. You're doing the right thing to get the right shoes/insoles. Just keep up your good humor, because plantar fasciitis can take a while to go away. :console2:
 
What helped my plantar fascitis was freezing a glass bottle soft drink bottle filled with water. On my bare foot with the bottle on the floor, I rolled my foot up and down on it. It was cold, but it helped a lot.
 
@sistersinhim many thanks for that suggestion has always:prayer: , will certainly will try it is has your are fully aware how painful it is, so the cold should just do the trick, also tried looking for some trainers today but due to my foot swelling hard to find shoes that are wide enough to fit:walking:. got some exercises to do also in which the Doctor has given me , so all will help
 
I had terrible Plantar Fascitis after my TKR and infection. The fascia has shortened due to everything that went on. Wearing Vionic shoes helped, but in the end I went to PT where they worked on stretching the fascia with heat and other things. They also taught me some great stretches that I still need to do everyday. I was disgusted that I hadn’t gone through a TKR but couldn’t walk due to foot pain.
 
Just a query and to get others thoughts on it - the hospital surgeon I saw said my knee is good has it going to get? My ROM is stuck at 90 degrees so cannot ride bike or get into car properly. This due to permanent swelling of knee so does not think any more treatment is necessary to change it.

Has anyone else just stuck at a certain degree of ROM? I know my knee is still young at 9 months. I certainly don't want anymore surgery at present because of the trouble its been.
 
I don't think that's necessarily true. Just keep bending your leg as much as you can as you do daily activities and you may gain. I think I gained about 5 degrees (after being released from PT) just doing that over the course of a year or so. Others have done even better just carrying on with daily activities.
 
I gained flexion a year after surgery. When released from PT my flex was 109 and I could ride my exercise bike. The bike was instrumental in moving my knee and gaining flexion. Do you have access to a recumbent bike? I was only able to rock the pedals for a few weeks, but eventually got a full rotation.
 
Your knee may surprise you, and the doctor too. That swelling may go down still. Keep active, doing what you are able, and try KarriB's exercise bike suggestion. Gaining flexion may not happen quickly, but it could still happen.
 
my new knee clicks at front and then feeling of a shock and then really hurt afterwards is this normal,:shrug:
 
The clicking isn't unusual, but it shouldn't hurt.
Let's ask @Josephine for her opinion.
 
bland9 I have just read your whole story and I empathise with all you have been through. A few posts back Josephine asked you three really important questions in an attempt to help you in post number 415. I think you must have missed them but I really think you should go back and reply to them so she can help you perhaps find a vascular surgeon. I also think you should get a second opinion about your knee that is bone on bone. It needs to be operated on. At least you will have the opportunity to have less pain if you have that one replaced. I am living with a long and painful recovery of nearly five years and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. If there is any way that your pain can be reduced I would do anything I could to do it. I suggest you go back and respond to Josephine’s questions so she can hopefully give you further assistance in finding appropriate specialists to deal with your issues. Good luck.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Bland, I have a few questions to ask you.

1. I take it you were treated at the N&N? What was the name of your knee surgeon?

2. were you ever referred to a vascular surgeon?

3. have you ever had any d
@bland9 - These are the questions that Josephine asked you, back in Post #415

My husband has just had arterial surgery done by a vascular surgeon. They can do wonderful things nowadays. It might be worth seeing a vascular surgeon, to see if he/she could help.
 
Long time since I have been on here. Just did not want to moan anymore to all.

Afraid leg is still poor, seen many Doctors etc., been told knee is what it is - OK in their eyes though extensive damage throughout main artery is so bad in left leg above thigh- that I been told that surgery will not help due to how bad it was. Bottom half of leg has been blue/purple/red. Ulcers etc., usual thing but what is new is leg, especially around knee, is now going WHITE. Also need the other knee done extremely painful but my local GP said to be very wary. Really getting fed up with it all. Doctor said I'm been very unlucky
 
Oh no, I was hoping that all was well with you since we hadn't heard from you. Did you get an explanation about your knee turning white? I'll tag @Josephine to see if she can help you.
 
@Josephine hi Josephine. Yes seen vascular surgeon. I believed he said though seen so many Drs etc - I have made another appointment via Local GP and waiting for appointment/ time. The surgeon stated I had extensive clots in main artery - think he said femoral artery - going up into lower stomach area.

At time of diagnosis the Dr taking ultra sound stated I was in a very serious condition - blood flow at that time seem to be ok not great but ok. He did say it might get worse due to the damage and if it does make another appointment. The paleness of leg seems to be the whole left leg a lot paler than the other leg. No numbness at moment though leg aches and feel like a lead weight- leg is cold to the touch. The heaviness is relived by rest.

The colour does not changes- small ulcer above ankle and blue /purple around foot. Leg still swells though to be honest, it's always a size larger than the other leg. Try to supply photo but cannot capture the paleness of leg, I wonder if the leg is lack of oxygen?
 
The surgeon stated I had extensive clots in main artery - think he said femoral artery. Dr taking ultra sound stated I was in a very serious condition
To be honest, I am not at all surprised to hear this. All your symptoms seemed to point to a condition involving reduced blood supply to the leg. The pain of it is called intermitten claudication.

The femoral artery is the second most major artery in the body after the aorta and it is joined to the aorta, the main, huge artery in the abdomen, and then all the way down the leg to to foot. Of course, it has name changes on the way down between the knee and the foot but it's always the femoral artery that's the core of the business!

[Bonesmart.org] knee so stiff<<


I wonder if the leg is lack of oxygen?
Well in a way it is because the main problem is the lack of blood supply! My dear, you need surgery which would be in the nature of an artery bypass, invariably using a teflon graft.

Like this

[Bonesmart.org] knee so stiff<<
 
My last rant has me feeing a bit frustrated. Cannot say having my knee done has improved my life . Nearly killed me, yes, and been told my leg will get worse. Cannot walk more than 5 mtrs before pain set in. Night time is murder and all this 16 months after post-op.

Wonder how many on here feels the same if they made the correct decision when having knee op:groan:
 
I’m sorry I had mine done. It’s almost 18 months.

Yes, I was in pain before, but only when in the process of sitting down, getting up from a chair, and going up and down stairs. That’s all.

That particular pain is gone but it has been traded for major discomfort most of the time. I have a nerve issue going on and I had a drastic vision change, overnight, from day before surgery to the day after.

So far one can explain my issues.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom