Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

If I sit in a certain position too long, my new leg will go to sleep. When I feel it coming on, I just change positions, and then I'm OK. Hopefully, yours isn't any thing serious.
 
@sistersinhim it was rather strange just sat at my desk about 30 mins no legs crossed, , just sitting on soft seat, doing paperwork, so nothing special then got up leg was numb and felt it was just hanging there Ive never experienced anything like it before. must admit its taken all my positive thinking just to hang in there, will discuss with surgeon on next visit , though he did say it was not going to get better:bawl:, and has I mention the other leg is unbelievably painful and what to do have a op or not , needing some advice or other bonesmarties on there thoughts :what:
 
I think I'd go for a second opinion. If this OS has written you off, then it's time to turn yourself over to someone who has a fresh pair of eyes. I certainly wouldn't let him touch my other knee.
 
Had the bad tooth removed today thank goodness, funny how I still worry if it will affect my new knee though the dentist say it will not, so no antibiotics
 
It is amazing the controversy about dental procedures and antibiotics! I’m glad your dentist is of the “not needed” variety.
 
I know you feel better with that bad tooth out. Been there, done that!
 
Well the hospital Doctor said about Post Thrombotic DVT. Said my leg will always be problematic and painful due to the condition and the extensive DVTs I suffered from. So yes my knee been sorted but now the whole leg is left in poor condition. Having to review my job as I get very tired and have pain. Spending most of my day with leg elevated. Not got strength to do much more. Seeing my OS Surgeon soon on other leg.

I ask WHAT DO I DO NOW??? I am really weary now for having other knee done.
Any thoughts on what to do?
 
Oh man, you are really in a pickle! I had no idea DVTs could cause such permanent damage. Did your doctor say why? But, if your old knee is giving you a lot of pain, at least getting a tkr will help with that pain.
 
@sistersinhim Dr said there is severe damage to main artery causing the vein to obstruct the flow of blood. There is permanent swelling which I got and this regardless of rest which I do a lot at present :sleep:.

Hard to put my shoes on and to bend leg and the possibility of ulcers on leg not to mention pain and itching, etc. I've already got brown pigmentation too and the pain in my thigh is terrible at times.

My other leg is extremely painful and keep giving way this I believe is due In which I believe is to me putting all my weight on that leg so a poor leg made worse :old:.

Though got to remain positive and cheerful but life will change, no more beautiful walks well for the foreseeable future but I'm still alive and that's the main thing and who knows it could change,:flwrysmile:
 
Is it possible to get an artery transplant? My boyfriend, years ago, had his main artery in his stomach start leaking and they put in a plastic tube, if I understood it correctly. He did fine with it.
 
@sistersinhim That is interesting. I never thought to ask. I know he said a stent has not got that positive outcome for many. Just thought well that's that and hope for the best plus personally I will keep in touch with GP on regular basis because it will be hard to tell if another clot will form. And with severe swelling, how will I tell if another DVT is present until its too late. Not a good outcome but who knows if it gets worse. You never know what the Dr suggests. It's just I need other leg done but it concerns me. Not heard or read on this forum anyone who has has the same outcome
 
Have you had any problems with DVTs any where else?
 
I am almost 7 months post op. Yes, still have tight band of pain around my knee cap area but I can bend it with no problem. I still have numbness on the side of my knee also. Can't complain because you are experiencing way more complications than me but I still have a "pity party" on occasion!!:boohoo:
 
I just read through all of your posts and I have to say that I am with you---you had all the symptoms of a blood clot at 2 weeks and it seems they were very careless not to find it. Also, your OS did not do any scanning of your leg despite severe swelling. I know you are depressed---me too!! My husband died in June and I am just getting back to real life myself. However, I do think that you have had some poor care. I am going to tag Jo, where do you live in the UK? Maybe you can tie into a better hospital and a more caring doc for your second leg.

Also, I would not have surgery until I spoke to the hematology folks about it. You do not want a repeat of the carelessness which resulted in permanent damage to your leg.

My grandmother has a similar problem---she had an appendectomy and got a blood clot in her leg which she did not complain about---thought the pain was from the surgery. When they finally got to it, she also had permanent damage to her artery and she had a swollen leg for the rest of her life.

How are you working with that leg? Is there disability for you? And I would not get that second leg taken care of until Jo gives you some advice on hospitals and a better, more caring doctor. You have been through the mill and I am very sorry that you were treated in this way. @Josephine
 
Bland, I have a few questions to ask you.

1. I take it you were treated at the N&N? What was the name of your knee surgeon?

2. were you ever referred to a vascular surgeon?

3. have you ever had any discussions with anyone about doing any kind of surgery in your leg to restore the artery?
 
, visited the surgeon today and just said , its is the best its going to get, due to post thrombosis etc and he not willing to operate on other leg at moment though its severe bone on bone. so I got to live with it and just see where it goes, I just find its no good moaning about it anymore, keeping chin my up its just sad not going to ride my bike
 
I’m sorry to hear this.
 
Got to find some decorate walking sticks, one for both hands not going to catch me in wheelchair, :giggle:
 
My surgeon recommended tall walking sticks, I found some that had a compass on the top. I thought that was hysterical, as in, who in the condition I was in was going to need a compass. Not being athletic in the least, I didn’t realize there were other uses for what I was told was a walking stick, like actual hiking!
 
isited the surgeon today and just said , its is the best its going to get, due to post thrombosis etc and he not willing to operate on other leg at moment though its severe bone on bone. so I got to live with it and just see where it goes,
I think that you need to see a vascular surgeon. He may be able to fix this problem for you.
Don't accept that you just have to live with this.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom