MUA knee so stiff<<

I'm sorry you've had such a bad year, @bland9 . :console2:
I hope that 2018 will be better for you.

Your new knee is only 6 months old, which is about half way towards complete healing in this year-long recovery. Where it is now is not where it's going to end up. It's still a work in progress.
You still have plenty of time for that residual swelling and the tight band feeling to go away, and your bend to increase.

I hope you have a happy Christmas. :treestar::santa hug:
 
hope all had a great Christmas and a fantastic new year, and all wishes are granted - me all I want is to be out of pain :dead:and to ride my bike :bicycle1: when my knee can bend further than 90 degrees without pain.
 
Happy New Year bland9! I hope 2018 will be better for you in terms of recovery. I still have some discomfort at times with my new knee and am almost 8 months from surgery with no post-surgery complications. More patience required I expect. I hope you will get to riding soon. @liam2015 did not pedal until 7 months post-op so there is reason for you to be optimistic that it will come. Hang in there!
 
yes that true...i think it was more like 8 months post op (@kmak81230 you were right, it was 7 months and 1 week) before i could do a full rotation on my city bike which is on trainers. i have had the seat lowered twice now in the past 2 weeks and with resistance and i can't believe i'm doing it with no pain or catching behind the knee. it just came so suddenly one day when i was walking down the stairs, i noticed my knee felt looser and i decided to try my bike again. days prior to that i could only rock back and forth half way and it hurt, so i would become discouraged and stop after a couple of minutes.

good luck ~ it will be a wonderful feeling when you accomplish those goals...and you will.:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Seven months in and can hardly walk . leg very swollen through dvt and tkr and it does seems to be like post thromb but will be seeing blood specialist end of month to see if so , sometimes really wish I never had it done :dead:seems to be no light at end of tunnel spending most of Day on the bed resting leg , this is no life to be having and to finish the other leg is so very bad too, :blackcloud:
 
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. Please let us know what you find out with your blood tests.
 
oh dear ~ sorry you're having so much discomfort. keep after your medical team to resolve this. do something nice for yourself.:console2:
 
@liam2015 @sistersinhim thankyou for all your kind thought's , its just very difficult for myself to remain positive though I do try , not seeing my surgeon until beginning of March so will have to manage , really don't think this is normal after 7 months surely there should be some kind of positive change , even with DVTs surely knee should not hurt especially around and just under new knee cap , difficult getting in and out of car have to almost slide out of car and the pain, you just have to see me doing this you would have to laugh
 
i agree with you @bland9 that there should be some positive change after 7 months; whether the DVT has anything to do with your new knee, only further assessment will tell. beginning of march seems like a long time to wait ~ maybe you could get your name on a cancellation list and possibly get in sooner. will keep fingers crossed for you.:fingersx::prayer:
 
Have you considered a second opinion? Pain shouldn't be this bad at 7 months unless you are doing too much. Every knee heals at a different rate, and it could be that yours because of your DVTs. Would you please give us the date of the DVT so we can add to your signature?
 
@sistersinhim sorry for such a long delay but been so busy has to late with helping brother after funeral etc. my diagnosis with extensive DVT in thigh , groin etc and this was around the 4th October 2017, rush to hospital then put on Xareltro (Rivaroxaban ) think it was 15 mg twice daily and now on 20 mg once daily, Doctor" think" I got Post thomb and permanent damage to main large veins continuous swelling of calf and foot and pain in thigh ,got a hospital appointment to see whether this is the case on Wednesday , really need some positive news for once, has hate being so negative
 
Oh my goodness, you have certainly been through it. I pray you have no permanent damage. If you do, I'm sure they can be healed or replaced. Finding out the cause will be half the battle won!
 
attended haematology about my DVT , Doctor stated yes I got Post thrombosis and will forever will have to put up with the consequences of that , not given any compression stocking and taken off the dreaded Novel blood thinners which bothered me so much:cheers2:, Doctor stated the DVT should be dissolved by now no ultrasound given, though I am please I can now able to have cracked tooth removed without a hospital attendance , also Given ok for further knee surgery this working with my Knee consultant :bow:,
 
When it rains it pours - Have a badly broken tooth split down middle so went to dentist and stated could not do extraction due to blood thinners, even now I stopped them the dentist still refused until detail report and medical history, so got to bare the pain , I know its for benefit , due to fear of excess bleeding, and constant pain in OP knee its does get so difficult to bare, So wish I never had the knee replaced has now no better than I was before knee replacement, maybe life long impairment in OP leg, long walks in summer looks like to be no more and no more cycling:bicycle1: , Sorry for the depressed rant and vent but get so down I suffering more now than before, and think my other knee doing , what should I do now :bawl:
 
Oh, gee. I feel for you. You have so many things piling up it just becomes hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s there, though. You just have to get through this, and if it helps, you can do so one thing at a time (the others will tag along while you do that). Your poor broken tooth is the one to tend to now.

The dentist is being careful, and you said that too, so just bear with him and get the tooth pulled. Once that’s done you’ll feel so much better. I too have had to work with dental woes during knee recovery, and it’s hard to say which is more painful and annoying. But the world really does look and feel a whole lot better when you don’t have dental pain!

Your knee, too, can still improve. Please try to be positive (it’s difficult now, I know) and take short walks as you’re able. As you get some of these other problems off your shoulders and put them behind you, you will feel a lot lighter and may find other things too will become better.
 
You have been through so much. When you get through this, you will have so much experience to help others! You will get through this! You are much stronger than you think you are. You'll get that tooth out and feel much better. And before you know it you'll be doing that walking and riding that bike!
 
@sistersinhim and @SusieShoes Thankyou for all your kind supporting words it does mean a lot to me. its just so hard when facing pain on daily basis with no rest bite , leg worst now than before OP. The Surgeon say may not get better but only time will tell :gaah:. Tooth anyone got any string !!!!:rotfl:. Though sometimes like to tell others that leg OPs don't always end up where one hopes,
 
Your knee has been through so much. Give it time. I bet it'll be much better in time!
 
just quick question anyone experiencing tight painful banding across the top of knee cap area and just below the knee cap area too, in unison so much so it restricts the bend in knee so cannot bend it at all until complete rest
 
OH- just lately legs really hurt and still using two walking sticks ,also feel so exhausted after just 3.5 hours at work and then have to come home and spends quite abit of time resting on the bed, but what really felt scary this morning sitting at my desk at work for approx. half an hour. got up from my chair and my New OP leg was completely numb , leg felt it was just hanging on, feeling came back after a few minutes with pain , blast the post DVT , DR did say veins in leg were in poor condition, so guess got to get used to this new norm leg , Don't know what I should do about my other poor leg OP or not ?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom