MUA knee so stiff<<

@Polkadot pain is mainly with the extensive DVT but is reducing with blood thinning medication plus Pain meds ,extreme bone on bone with other knee plus inflammation swelling, knee keeps giving way ,worried if I fall may hit myself and be a cause for internal bleeding:old:, seeing the Doctor next week for better pain tablets , ice don't really work on my knee swelling , elevating don't help with the swelling but eases the discomfort:elevate: , I look at this way is that I'm still here, and there are others who lot worse I'm sure , love the idea of the wheelchair race I'm buying a electric one so I can cheat:rotfl:, love all the humour and support keeps me smiling
 
@Celle :flwrysmile: yes I am on 15 mg twice daily and at the hospital was told it would be reduced to one 20mg tablet daily , today not feeling has nauseas today thank goodness:prayer: and I do take it with food and roughly the same time each day, swelling of the leg is still bad and blue looking leg is still evident which is strange has most of what I read is people have red coloured legs with pain in calfs, mine is in the inner thigh area, Doctor at the hospital say my dvt have been there for awhile and gave the indication may take quite awhile to heal:fingersx: , but at least he found them and the extra recovery journey continues,
 
It sounds as if they're taking good care of you. It's a big test of patience for you, but everything should work out all right in the end - it's just that the end probably feels so far away for you right now. :friends:
 
Wishing you a speedy recovery from the dvt.
 
Can't wait to see a photo of your first blue ribbon, @bland9. I won't tell about the cheating if you won't.

Glad you're checking into different pain tablets. It's probably worth trying different things. When I'm in pain, I'm not good for anything!

You may not hear from me much if at all for a week, my friend. I'm going to visit my mom in the mountains, where there is spotty internet. When I get back, I'm hoping you will be feeling better.
 
Today legs really swollen especially calf and ankle on OP leg both knees really sore too, just wish there was some improvement, I really don't like moaning all the time, but there seems no end to pain and soreness,:bawl: resting a lot at moment, cant help but to feel some envy for those who doing well and but to some sort of normality:shrug::shrug: , keeping my chin up I say,:rotfl:
 
Sending a hug! You will get there!
 
these days my legs are extremely painful , can hardly walk and stand for any long period of time, getting worse than I was before , really thought by now it would had improved by now not get worse, rom going backwards now no more than 80, hard to remain cheerful
 
I hope they're keeping a check on how your DVT is dissolving, @bland9 . Do you know the size of it now?

Since your legs have become more swollen and painful, I think you should let your doctors know (if you haven't already).
Don't worry about your ROM at the moment. That could improve as the rest of your leg recovers.
 
seeing the surgeon at the end of this month about OP knee plus will be discussing my other knee that is so painful at moment , its really need doing but not sure if they would even consider it while still under treatment for my DVT .any thoughts
 
@Polkadot very nice and kind of you to ask about my recovery, got to see the surgeon on Thursday to see what he says, a -about OP knee and about the other knee, the former is still swollen and cannot bend it more than 85 degrees and the tight banding still very restricting around the knee , it seems to get tighter the longer I stand on leg and has for the DVT got to wait until end of January before another ultra sound and the other knee extremely painful relying on walking sticks at present, one thing I miss so much is riding my cycle this I cannot due to limited bend in knee, anyway enough of me moaning how was your trip to see your mom :flwrysmile:
 
That tight banding is a real pain, literally and figuratively! It has to do with swelling. As long as you have to stand more than your knee wants you to, I imagine you will have to deal with the swelling. I still get some if I overdo. Bending your knee at 85 degrees sounds better than you were doing before. I think you will eventually be able to cycle again, but I know how hard it is to be so limited in activities you enjoy! Another friend here just achieved rotation on her bike, and she thought it would never come.

My mom is doing all right, still living in her own apartment at a senior living facility--gets her own breakfast and has lunch and dinner in their dining room; still driving :yikes::yikes::yikes:. However, she appears to be losing short and medium-term memory. For example, she has called the doctor's office multiple times to confirm an appointment, writes it down, then can't remember where she was going when she gets out to the car. It's hard to live 13 hours away from her. Thanks for asking!

Keep elevating that knee as much as you can, and don't get discouraged! The DVT will be gone in a little while, and you will lose some of the tight band feeling over time. (As I sit here at the computer, I'm feeling it a bit. I overdid standing and walking around with Thanksgiving preparations, as well as shopping over the weekend. My knee didn't like it one bit.)
 
today saw my surgeon he fairly happy with OP leg said it will take time to obtain further bend in knee but with the other knee he said I will have to wait another four months before he will operate:blackcloud:, wait for DVTs to resolve and for OP knee to have further period of improvement. he realise that my other knee is very bad but stated he cannot operate until my OP knee is fully recovered:old:
 
I think it is a good idea to wait for your new knee to be in much better shape before putting it under the stress of taking almost total control. It sounds like a very sensible surgeon. I know that waiting in pain is awful, but four months will be here before you know it!
 
not been a very good year ie problems with my knee op and recovery, losing my mother, and just now today my brothers girlfriend has just passed away through cancer and having supported both my brother and his girlfriend during this terrible terrible time, being there for the last to weeks of her struggle watching her struggle, feel like I had enough of pain and grief
 
I’m so sorry you’ve had this much hardship and suffering to witness and endure. May the New Year be a better one for you, filled with progress and joy. :console2:
 
Oh my goodness, you have been through so much, no wonder you feel like you've had enough. You have had so much stress to add on top of a knee replacement. You have people here who care about you and give you shoulders to lean on. Come here and vent anytime you need to. Someone is always available!
 
well its been 6 months plus that I had my knee done and I would love to report how positive its all been but alas not so , one thing that bothers me is that I cannot ride my beloved bicycle my knee does not bend enough to bend for pedalling , plus to say the tight banding feeling around knee still feel so restrictive around knee , I know the DVT is annoying but at least I still alive to speak of it:angel:, I guess the swelling due to this is preventing further bend of knee but that's hope its gets better we must keep positive and cheerful, hope all have a good Christmas :santa hug:with loving kindness to all
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom