Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

@sistersinhim apart from the anxiousness I'm ok , wary about the new novel blood thinners has there is not reversal if one cuts themselves could bleed very badly and so on- has for the leg its still very swollen and I will guess it will be a gradual recovery, keeping very active and still elevating leg when resting. icing I have stopped don't see the point at this present time, the Dr who done the ultrasound stated the blood clots have been there for some time so basically I was walking around with a time bomb, cannot help but to think it was there when I first notice a bad bruise at back of calf week or two after OP but was told no,
 
Are you sure you should be so active? I thought with DVTs a person should be less active.
 
@bland9
I agree with sistersinhim. Please check with your doctors whether you should still be doing all that activity.
 
@sistersinhim was told to rest a bit but then to continue with work and daily activities , by specialist nurse at hospital who treated me for the DVT.
 
OK. She should know a lot better than I do!
 
FEEL so lethargic and sick and dizzy :eeeuw: since being on these new novel blood thinners which don't need monitoring the one I on is xarelto 15mg twice daily anyone else had side effects with these new drugs , guess part of it too is my anxiousness :scare:too, OP leg too is extremely painful, though swelling seems to be a little better just slightly but it is , plus my other leg keeps giving away too and painful apart from all this I'm ok :rotfl:
 
My mom changed to Xarelto and felt a bit sick until her body got used to it. I do know from going to the doctor with her that some of the main side effects you should watch for are any signs of increased bleeding--bruising, very-dark-colored or blood in stools, etc. I suggest that you do a Google search for Xarelto side effects and review which are considered minor, and which ones you should report to your doctor.
 
@Polkadot thank you for you words of advice , its just reassuring at times to hear others experience of them , it a time of anxiety but at least its found and being treated
 
wary about the new novel blood thinners has there is not reversal if one cuts themselves could bleed very badly and so on-
My husband was on Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) for 3 years, with no ill effects at all.
There is an antidote now, (quite recently) but it is expensive.
 
@Celle you are a god send and given me so much reassurance , it did worry me a lot, but many thanks for telling me that A BIG HUG TO YOU from me:loveshwr:
 
@Celle try to find something about the antidote but cannot find any , is there anything about this antidote online you could recommend me to read
 
I'm afraid I don't know much about it. It's just that a doctor gave my husband a long lecture about changing to Warfarin, and said that the cost of the antidote to Rivaroxaban was "excessive", telling him he was being selfish and should accept the cheaper anti-coagulant instead.

Unfortunately for my husband, the manufacturers have withdrawn Rivaroxaban from the market in our country (NZ), so my husband is now on Warfarin.

PS: I did find this article:
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe1513258#t=article
 
Oh the Rivaroxaban makes me rather nauseas and tired :mcoffee: but cannot moan too much , its keeping me safe from the clots travelling to heart , lungs ,etc, but my legs especially my knee that needs surgery is extremely painful guess I will end up in wheelchair soon , don't know how long have to wait before its done taken into account my DVT, got an appointment to see my surgeon in three weeks time to see what he says, my legs are in a complete mess at moment but got to continue with living my life:dead:
 
This is hard for you, but things are going to get better!
[Bonesmart.org] knee so stiff<<
Hang in there!
 
Thankyou @Celle and @sistersinhim you both are a source of strength for me and I am very much grateful for you both many thanks for you kindness and kind thoughts :loveshwr:
 
@bland9, someday you will look back on this with wonder and gratitude that you got through it. There IS another side! In the meantime, I for one am just very glad that you are taking medication for that DVT. You may have to use a wheelchair for a while. If that happens, it means that your body needs more babying, not that you've failed or that life as you know it is over. You are likely to be heading toward a better life, once you get this DVT thing under control and your knees start to cooperate! I know it doesn't feel like this right now. Try to remember that your main job is to recuperate--and it can be a tough job to do so.

I'm concerned that you seem to be in so much pain. Do you need to explore a change in pain meds? Is there any time during your day when you notice a decrease in pain? Does ice help? I think that dealing with your situation is tough enough without the pain you describe.

PS About that wheelchair possibility: You could look on the bright side and, just in case, be on the lookout for someone with whom you can do wheelchair races! That could be fun.
 
@bland9, you know I'm teasing you a bit, right? Yours is a situation where I wish I could be there and help out.
 
@bland9
Do make sure that you're taking the Xarelto with food, won't you? I hope the nausea settles down soon.

According to what I have read, the twice-daily dose of 15 mg may be reduced to a once-daily dose of 20 mg after the first 3 weeks - have you been told anything abut this?
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
Back
Top Bottom