Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

@Polkadot Noticed when getting off my bed swollen leg twice the size of normal and stiff :elevate:, I do envy you being able to ride your upright bike:upright:, need reassurance at time to keep the faith:bow:
 
Boy, can I relate to the leg being twice the size of the normal one! I'm a champion swell-er, it seems, and I just hated it when the swelled knee knocked against the other one. I didn't get good control over the swelling until I stopped doing most of the exercises and began icing and elevating multiple times a day for at least 45 minutes, especially after any activity.
 
Glad you survived your workday @bland9! Hope you can get some rest over the weekend to get some of that swelling down.
 
Hi @bland9.
Have you considered trying a compression sleeve or tubigrip? It gives me great relief from the tight stiffness.
 
@Hopetohike thankyou never really thought of that:idea: and yes I will certainly buy one and give it a go anything to reduce the swelling, many thanks for the suggestion:thumb:
 
@kmak81230 Thankyou for your kind thoughts and will try to rest , well to be honest got no choice need to keep swelling down and pain free though my un op knee a rest to because it hurts and will be done soon next month I hope
 
must admit getting a little frustrated these few days it seems that no matter how much I rest or elevate/ ice my leg its STILL SWOLLEN twice the size of other leg even my foot is very swollen , still using crutches and this is 15 weeks post op,
 
Been back at work for a few days now only part time at moment but wow when I come home I collapse onto bed and fall asleep :alarm:, swelling and pulled muscle inside thigh really sore :shocked:make walking difficult and nausea
 
I am so sorry you are still having all these problems. All I can suggest is to elevate above your nose and ice continuously. That should help to bring down that swelling. I iced the whole time I was sitting or laying down. My swelling never got above moderate.
 
my inner thigh on op leg has two patches of redness looks like bruising and really sore painful when pushed in , worried about it surely it not a DVT after 4mths post opp, its been like this for 2 weeks now, not got any other symptoms, no fever. pains in chest , any one got an idea is it just a pulled muscle,leg is very swollen
 
Hi, @bland9, I've been wondering how you are doing. Re the red patches: My inner thigh has always been the most uncooperative during this journey. It's where most of the pain, discomfort, and odd symptoms reside for me. While it's probably related to the muscle problem your doc diagnosed, if you are worried about it, you might want to have another appointment with him or her.

I hear your frustration with your continued discomfort and swelling. This is to be expected because you had to up your activity level and go back to work. Try to get yourself set up with ice and elevation before collapsing on the bed after work, ok? :dead:
 
@Polkadot Many thanks again you are always a good voice reason and sense, plus reassurance :thumb: , I am certainly making another appointment with Doctors and I sure its nothing serious but will have it check out again , get another Doctors opinion, I do ice a lot more nowadays but its doing very little:ice:, I know returning back to work is putting extra pressure on leg:old:, but I cannot feel frustrated has not feeling any progress at all even a small sign would be good and helpful , but nothing be glad when I see my surgeon in October has waiting for the other knee to be done, in one way be glad to have it done soon so give the Op knee plenty of rest too, also cannot help to compare oneself to others especially when they getting on so well,:boohoo:
 
Well my leg still very swollen and really red and sore and bruised at top inner thigh making it painful to walk, really fed up no improvement in sight :headbang: , its so difficult to walk any long distant or for very long and still using crutches sound like I'm the only one at this stage in this situation, will not go to DR has they really don't take it seriously so wait to see surgeon :bawl:
 
really worried still suffering from pain and red inner thigh no pain in calf area just top inner thigh ,is it possible to have a DVT even four months post op any advice
 
Do you have an appointment to see your surgeon? I don't think you should wait around for too long before having your leg looked at.
 
@Polkadot thankyou for your kind thoughts:loveshwr: , unfortunately knee not doing to good seems like build up pocket of fluid under knee and :dead: severe red and pain/ soreness in inner thigh near knee , very painful to walk though got an appointment to see doctor tomorrow to see whats going on so not doing to well, trouble is we all suffer different swellings/ pain so hard to know what is abnormal or not,
 
I'm so glad you are seeing your doctor. Let's hope you get some answers!
 
Today attended my GP appointment which was due to pain ,redness, swelling, the Doctor stated it was a inflamed vein running along inner op thigh, right near where they put IV line in my leg during op so not sure if it related to this, :elevate:
 
Last edited:
Also like to ask with me now been told its a superficial phlebitis is it still possible to have my other knee operated on this coming October my GP states it will be ok I said should I mention it and he just stated not really but I will do I do like to be honest and clear . dont need any complications - any one got any advice about this
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom