Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

Here's the knee at 2½ weeks post-op... not so bad if I do say so myself.

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
5 weeks yesterday. Have two small places where stitches have tried to come out....but it's all healed. I'm quite pleased.

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Here are my knee scars-- 10½wks for Left TKR and 14 months for Right TKR :


Both scars look less conspicuous "in the flesh", bruises on R leg are from old fractures (1970 & 1996) and arthroscopy (1994); what looks like bruising on Left is actually shadows. Right scar is longer due to both the internal fixation surgery of 1996 and hardware removal during last year's TKR. Left scar is curved due to varus deformity correction. (Not gonna do anything about that L bunion other than orthotics and comfy shoes). My legs are a bit thinner than that, but if I bent over to shoot them as they really are, I'd sprain my back again!

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Hi Everyone,
My name is Kimberly. This marks my first engagement with the group. I'm almost 7-weeks post-op from bilateral. I'll just post a picture of one knee, but you'll have to trust me . . . I have the second, making a perfectly matched pair. My darling adult daughter found the forum on my behalf. I'm encouraged to see the number and types of exchanges, and to see I'm not as alone as I had felt!

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

Original left tkr 14 days after surgery. Had stitches due to metal allergies
 
I have a couple of pics for you...I'm now 5 days post op

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My knee at 6½ post op. Continues to turn red, blue, and purple in defined area.

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Finally I've done it. or at least my daughter has! After having been able to post a picture of my pre op knees on my thread, for the life of me, I just could not manage to do it again post op! After several attempts, trying to do it, and exhausting myself in the process, I gave up, waiting for the younger generation to arrive and show me how!! Anyway these are my new lovely knees 9 days post op, after arriving home from the docs just having had the staples removed. Could'nt take a picture before, as they were covered up with waterproof dressings. Note the minimal bruising, and little swelling....OS thank you!. Today I am 2 weeks 3 days post op, and its even better...I can see and feel my knees bones...they look like real knees! Very very grateful!!

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Week 2 ........................................................ Week 4

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please




Week 7
Scar is looking good and once the hair grows all the way back you won't be able to notice it.

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day after surgery and After staples were removed ...almost 3 weeks after surgery

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
this is today.. exactly 5 weeks since I had my op

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Last edited by a moderator:
July 16, 2013: They cover the surgical site with an "Io-Pad" and it turns out I'm allergic to iodine! who knew!?!
1 week post-op -- :sick:
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


July 30: 3 weeks later - still swollen, but not so colorful or shiny, phew!
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


August 6th: 1 month after surgery - bandage blister fell off; still peeling (from iodine 'burn'?)
but scar healing nicely...
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


September 3rd: 8 weeks after surgery -- scar has turned into keloid, sigh :-(
Staggering around without a cane which is great but knee stuck at 90....may try
MUA [manipulation under anesthesia] [also "make-up artist!" :)but not in this context]
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


1 day after MUA Dr got it to 135 degrees but....all that swelling, so it's stuck again.
(both legs in this photo, to show difference between regular chubby thigh and swollen thigh)
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


And...today. Less swelling, but ugly keloid, oh well.
Still limping, stuck at 95/-10. Onward!
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


My February 2013 Knee on the left and my September 2013 Knee on the right


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom