Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

7 surgeries and 1 knee replacement better, 3 huge scars, couldn't be prouder to walk <3

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well here we go... Double or NOTHING! My newborn left knee is 1 month old today and the right one's 4 months old.
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

Notice the scar on my newborn looks much better than my 4 months old knee. That's because my In-home P/T took the Bonesmart approach right from the start! :egypdance:
 
So this is 6 weeks out. Both knees done at the same time. The scars actually look much worse here than they did at one, two, three, and four weeks. OS says its due to Estrogen.:sigh:Used dissolving sutures underneath and glue (no sutures) on top. ROM @ 2 weeks 135 both knees w/0 extension but I have to work at it several times a day or they start losing ground. Walking 3 miles/day need to start bike and swimming.

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
This one is18 days in and can see a big difference from the 10 day :)

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Ok this is mine first at 2 weeks and second at almost 4. I just wanted to post so I could say thanks for all the wonderful information on this site. I've had more question and doubt about this surgery then any other I've been around and this is a great site to help me pilot though recovery. Thank You

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Original TKR
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


Revision Stage 1 same age, less swelling, less pain. Stitches (steristrips) due out tomorrow
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nine days post op from RTKR Revision

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Wow Maria!!! 142 degrees flex? That is so wonderful. My December 2 surgery was a revision on my right TKR which was 2 years 8 months old. I always had -0- extension with it, but flex although I got to 130 about 7 months post op, it was all down hill from there. Rom ended up about 80 with a bad TKR and a knee full of scar tissue. This time I am very hopeful but already know I have work to do on my extension. Picture is yesterday 15 days post op.

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
20 days post op from RTKR Revision, 34 staples came out at 18 days. I am fine with having a big ugly scar to be pain free with a functional knee :yay::happydance::spin::cheers::SUNsmile:

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Back
Top Bottom