Guest viewing is limited

Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

11 weeks post LTKR- These are earlier pics of my TKR. As you can see, I keloid easily. I have been massaging my scar with Vitamin E to try & reduce the scar. I am not too concerned about the scarring as long as my knee heals properly.

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Last edited by a moderator:
LTKR 2/3/2013. Photo taken 5/2/2013 while dressing was being changed. Soluble sutures and steri strips. I will be interested to see the finished result.

Toothfairy x

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
This was my scar at one month post op. It was also done using glue. There is a marker next to it pointing to one lone suture that somehow popped up from layers underneath. You have to look hard to see the purplish spot near the point of the pen. My PT told me that it would likely keep my OS from letting me go swimming. I e-mailed the picture to my OS and he said since I'd be in a chlorinated pool, he was not at all concerned.

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
2 weeks post op day after staples out

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Last edited by a moderator:
RTKR on the right and LTKR on the left - left is 2 years 3 months and the right is 3 months. The other photo was the infection at the top of my knee at about 3 weeks.
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please


[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my badge of honour. 4 days post op. Pic taken just after I had steri strips soaked off and a new waterproof dressing was put on . Quite happy with the look of it. Jenny

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
I hope this picture is not too large. I am posting from my IPad. The pictures were taken on day 5 for both knees; different surgeons and different hospitals. The right knee was done first. What looks like a couple of bruises on the left knee is actually my initials and those of the

image.jpg

surgeon. There never was the first bruise with the left knee and the incision is about 4" shorter.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see if this uploads for me :scratch: This is my RTKR, one month post op. If you look just above the scar there is another long scar, pale white (below the dotted blue line). That is from first knee surgery in 1977 at age 18. This new incision is actually smaller!

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
Here's an update on my scar Day 11 I should have taken a photo after they had cleaned it up!

[Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please
 
mine at 3 days. [Bonesmart.org] Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please this cut is a full 12" long!
You can see the old scar to the top that happened in the original accident.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom