1 month for left knee, 3 months for right knee.
not too bad. There is a stitch coming through on the left knee you might can see it. Bending both at 130 degrees. Can't wait until they are fully healed
I just found this website and am so thankful I did. It's nice to see the things I'm going through are normal. I'm 5 weeks post-op TRKR and have that feeling of the monkey grabbing my knee.
First photo is day-1 after BTKR. Second photo was yesterday, 5 months post-op. The shape of my incisions generated quite a lot of interest at my pt rehab facility. My surgeon's cut had simply followed a previous incision on both knees, and it was great because it resulted in no pulling of the incision when I flexed my knee.
ok, lets try this... This picture is an overall shot. No visible stitching, it is all under the skin, with glue sutures on top. You can see where he cut up from the old scar on the inside of the knee, and came off that near it's top, and cut back toward the center of the leg over the knee.
this next one is a closer shot of where there is still some old scar from the inside left, and the OS moved off that original scar into new meat so to speak. Both pics are today, March 25. Surgery was March 16th. (First time I have seen this myself, as I was instructed to remove the Aquacell bandage today.)
These are my scars from my knee surgeries.
The first one is my right tkr which was on June 22, 2010. The picture was taken at exactly one week out. I like this picture as my staples and scar look really good here for being just a week out of surgery.
The second photo is my left tkr which was on June 19, 2009. The picture was taken at 3 weeks post-op.
The third photo is of my right tkr revision which was on September 27, 2011. The picture is 15 days post-op. It was the most bruised and swollen of any of my surgeries.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.