Revision TKR Knee replacement, now revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Skigirl. No, I have moved away so that is why I am not seeing original surgeon. BUT I really liked him and I have no blame in my heart either. Everyone else wants to blame someone.
That said, he is certainly nowhere near one of the best in the state of Georgia. I wish I had gone to Atlanta in the first place. And so I will this time.

EVERYONE I have seen outside of Atlanta insists that this is tendinitis. I have had tendinitis (probably because the joint is so loose) but no one even acknowledged it was loose until I went to Atlanta. My chiropractor thinks the knee is not right at all. I saw him for tendon release and he cringed at my knee. So he encouraged me to go to Atlanta.
It was a relief to have someone acknowledge it wasn't right. My first PT person did not think it was right either but the ones in my new town just ignored me.

Anyway, just glad that I am going to get it fixed (fingers crossed).

Thanks again! Silver
 
Silver---I know how you feel---my first tkr was loose, but everyone kept saying--that is just the knee that you got. REally, My OS was the one who listened to me the most about it. He admitted that he wished he had put in a larger spacer. I trust him and am happy that I got the revision----I think you will be happy too.
 
Hi Skigirl,
My surgery is Tuesday and now I am getting nervous. I am glad you had a successful revision as that has helped a lot. I totally do not know what to expect for recovery as opposed to the original surgery. Was it hard to get your ROM back? Anything else you can think of that I need to know?

Thank you so much! Silver
 
Pumpkin,
What are you having done?
 
It was a relief to have someone acknowledge it wasn't right

Hi Silver, I'm pretty much in the same boat. Saw my doctor recently who said my knee was OK. I have a tight band that wont go away, but nothing feels loose. Did your knee actually feel loose? Carol
 
Silver, my rom was almost the same after the surgery---maybe a little less. It had been 150 and now is about 145. The rehab is long, but really I had so much less pain and my knee was so much more stable right away---I think you will be amazed to have a stable knee and will be happy right away that you did the revision. I will wait to hear from you, but, I would not worry about anything right now---I think you are one the right track now and will feel better shortly. Kelly
 
@patient 99 Yes, my knee has a lot of give in it and has from the beginning.
And it pretty much hurts all over but mostly on the left side.

@skigirl Kelly, thank you, will let you know how it is on the other side!
 
Good luck Silver on revision. I am one month ahead of you and can only say positive things about revision. Everything has been way easier than first time round. I do get cranky to think I am only back to square one but am ever grateful for answer to bad first outcome.
 
@patient 99 Yes, my knee has a lot of give in it and has from the beginning.
And it pretty much hurts all over but mostly on the left side.

@skigirl Kelly, thank you, will let you know how it is on the other side!
 
Thank you @spinfanatic, so glad to hear you are doing well!! Gives me hope!
And good luck to you on your recovery!
 
@Silver,
How are you doing? I hope your surgery went well, and your recovery is uneventful. Let us know how you are doing when you are able.
 
Hi all,
Had the revision Tuesday. Seemed to go well
He said I did need more lining.
Came home Wednesday and did fine
Today part of my incision opened, tiny part
He uses glue
So now back with compression bandage and immobilized to allow it to clot
Yes am on blood thinners
We'll see.......
But happy to be on other side!!
Silver
 
Thanks for the update, glad you are home and comfortable.
Did he replace the implant or just the spacer?
Take it easy, wishing you an uneventful recovery:SUNsmile:
 
He just replaced the spacer and took a spur off the meniscus
 
Awesome, if you are like me, you will be up in no time with a much more stable knee and glad that you did it.
 
I hope. I'm a bit worried.
Have had incision issues and am terrified of infection
And the pain is much worse than I expected
And my bend is gone
Is this all normal?
 
Silver,
Everyone's recovery is different. Are you medicating on schedule to control your pain? You are only a week out from your surgery. Follow the mantra Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate on schedule. Give it time, the swelling has to go down before you will gain ROM.
My best guess is this is normal for you, call your OS if you are concerned about your incision.
@skigirl can tell you about how she did as little as possible right after her spacer exchange to avoid scar tissue coming back.
Keep us posted on how you are doing, someone is always here to provide support. :console2:
 
I think I was not taking enough pain meds
All is better now
The incision still worrisome but they're finally sending a nurse to look at it
Up to 85 on cpm with no problems
Onward!!
 
Silver, glad to hear you pain is under control, too many try to cut back too early, OUCH!
Glad to hear the nurse is going to take a look at hour incision, and give you peace of mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom