Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Knee replacement, now revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
What works best for you?
Hard to answer that question, I have to stay on top of what will work for me, what works one day, will not work the next. It is always an exploration to find what will help today.
I tried a knee sleeve yesterday, seemed OK, I will try it again tomorrow. Giving my knee a chance to settle down from my cane trial yesterday that increased knee pain.
 
Spinfanatic,
What was your revision for? What kind of trouble before the revision? I am right behind you and just still have pain from before the surgery. But I may be a bit better. I still cannot walk far and I was walking two miles when my knee went bad. Just disheartening. But I think it will get better slowly. Walking is repetitive too yes? What kind of sleeve are you wearing? I cannot find one I like. The ones with the holes in the center are hurting my incision, plus my leg is still so swollen.
Glad to find someone else out there going through this!! Silver
 
Pumpkin,
What are you using if not a cane? Nothing?
 
Silver, I am using a walker at home, and a crutches outside. I use a Zensah knee sleeve, I wear it about an hour. After that my knee cap starts to protest. Just google Zensah, you can purchase it directly from them. Many running stores carry their products. you are 6 weeks ahead of me, I have some tendonitis, the pes anserneus seems to be the one that gets my attention. Today I filled a styrofoam cup about 1/2 full of water and froze it, going to do ice massage tomorrow. @spinfanatic said she is using a neoprene sleeve, just was wondering where she got the sleeve.
Hard how these little bumps along the road can really set us back,
 
@Silver, I just came across your thread. I had LtKR on January 29th and I have the terrible pinching feeling on the back of my knee, also. I didn't have any pain there before surgery. It keeps me from being able to bend any further. No pain in the knee. My O/S said there isn't anything that could be pinching back there. This is the first time I have heard any mention of possible tendinitis. I am scheduled to have the other knee replaced in less than a month and I'm nervous I will have the same problem with the other knee.
 
I have never had pain in the back of the knee. Mine is all in the front. Not sure if tendinitis would be in the back?
I am no better. I am trying hard though. I love the aquatic therapy and it is now warm enough for me to get in my pool at home as well. So I am doing all the exercises every day in there. My knee does like it in there. My PT folks do manual therapy twice a week as well and it does help some. The Kinesio tape is helping as well. BUT my knee is just not right still. Scares me that this knee will never be okay. I tried to do a big grocery trip and I was in so much pain halfway through, I had to go to the car.
My knee felt like it was on fire, it was so inflamed. I am 2 weeks from being 3 mos post revision surgery so thought that would be okay. Apparently not. I start acupuncture on Monday. We will see if that does not help with the inflammation. Something is just not happy in this knee. :-(
 
I have never had pain in the back of the knee. Mine is all in the front. Not sure if tendinitis would be in the back?
I am no better. I am trying hard though. I love the aquatic therapy and it is now warm enough for me to get in my pool at home as well. So I am doing all the exercises every day in there. My knee does like it in there. My PT folks do manual therapy twice a week as well and it does help some. The Kinesio tape is helping as well. BUT my knee is just not right still. Scares me that this knee will never be okay. I tried to do a big grocery trip and I was in so much pain halfway through, I had to go to the car.
My knee felt like it was on fire, it was so inflamed. I am 2 weeks from being 3 mos post revision surgery so thought that would be okay. Apparently not. I start acupuncture on Monday. We will see if that does not help with the inflammation. Something is just not happy in this knee. :-(
 
Are there others on here that just never have had a knee replacement that works?
 
Silver,
Yes, my knee feels unstable, and I am only 7 weeks out :sad:. I am going to call OS office and tell them this today.
I am so early that I hope there is time for this to sort out.
I live on the ice machine and elevation, it helps the most.
There were a couple of people several years ago, one had a fusion, the other one just quit posting.
:prayer: :console2:
 
Oh Pumpkin, I sure hope yours is better!! That is not good! Let me know what happens. My replacement is fine, but my tendons and ligaments are a mess and I just have to clue what to do about it. I cannot even make it through a grocery store and at least I could do that before the revision.
I have only seen my OS once since surgery but I go June 11. We will see. I hope yours will be okay!
 
Thank you, went to PT today, I have so many old habits, over worked and under worked out muscles, that we think may be causing the instability, pulling and pushing in all the wrong places. Ive got a lot of work ahead to get them stretched, toned, and strengthened.
My follow up appt is the 18th with the OS, we will see what he has to say.
The good new is I have the same knee bend as before surgery, so something is going well.
I hope you get some relief from the acupuncture, I will be interested in how it goes.
 
Hey Pumpkin et al,

I have been away for awhile but not much has changed. Did you see your OS? I saw mine in early June and he is afraid he may have to replace the whole knee again. I am not real thrilled with that news and truthfully am afraid to have a third surgery. I have improved some, but my PT runs out soon and they think I need to keep coming. I may have to pay out of pocket.
I am no better than before my revision surgery and perhaps a bit worse.

I am at 4 months July 4th.
Have people have a revision of the total knee 2 years after the first? What are the ramifications of doing that?

Thanks! Silver
 
A redo of your revision, :yikes:. I am sad to hear this, it is rough enough to go through one.
Did they say why? Are you going to find another surgeon who does revisions for a second opinion?
My surgeon said to expect it to take a year to recover, mine is a little better and more stable, every week as it heals.
If you have to pay out of pocket, ask for a cash discount (you pay the day of service).
@busylizzie has had her second revision, she may be able to answer your questions.
Sending prayers your way,
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! No, he wants to give it till the end of the year and see if I am still in pain. Remember, all he did was put in a bit of spacer. It fixed the looseness front and back, but not side to side. I wish he would have just done the whole dang thing then. I am not quite to where I was prior to surgery which is depressing at 4 months. I was in pain before surgery and still am in some major pain. I will keep up the PT. I am just hoping this is really, really slow and it will pick up later. I still have tendinitis which is part of my issue. I am going to start massage therapy. I did not love the acupuncture but may try again.
I am so glad you are improving! Here's to new knees!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom