THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

You're not alone. Many of us skimmed it, or didn't read.
I was in the latter. Began reading many times, then stopped.
It was too much to process initially with my foggy brain.
Finally finished it on my one year anniversary :heehee: Only kidding, Jo.
I did read it all once I began questioning different aspects of recovery. The articles are informative and interesting.

Hope you're having a good day and your pain is well managed. Ice often, it's so helpful.
A great rest of the week to you!
@Kmhefner
 
I tried reading yesterday, but I was definitely foggy. Today not so much since I'm trying to do 1 Norco every 4 hours. I was sent home with lovely gel packs that I have been rotating through the freezer. @Layla
 
Just an update on my recovery.

I've started PT, today will be my 4th session and Tuesday will be my follow up appointment.

My mobility is great I am still using a walker just to ensure I take proper steps rather than create a limp. I can do small steps without the walker, but they are not the best steps.

I'm honestly concerned about one of my quadricep muscles. I still cannot lift my knee up off of the chair. Lower leg lifts are no problem though.

Also is there any reason why I would have a burn on my thigh? I wasn't aware of the need of any cauterizer in the procedure, but of course there always could have been.
 
I'm honestly concerned about one of my quadricep muscles. I still cannot lift my knee up off of the chair. Lower leg lifts are no problem though.
Sounds like a lovely thing we hippys have referred to as "log leg"!
My quads were super sore and one of my legs didn't want to do what I told it and had to be manually put in the bed and the car.:sigh:
Normal recovery aggravations.
Everything still recovering from the trauma.
Give it time!:yes:
Not sure about a burn...:shrug:
 
It's good to know that the log leg is a common occurrence. I'm hoping it goes away soon. I'm two weeks post op, but at this point I'm quite thankful that I have at least 6 more weeks off work.
 
Very normal...and annoying.
It will get back on board soon.
Just needs time and patience.
Hope you are still icing it up and taking it all slow!:ice:
You will be back to life without that horrid hip pain ...all worth it!:yahoo:
 
I have two sets of those lovely gel ice packs that I was given on the day of discharge. I just rotate them through the freezer. I have ice on anytime at home and sitting or laying down.
 
It looks by your signature that the core decompression was done to no avail...and you just had that bad old hip done away with?
I know it seems slow right now, but give it a few weeks to settle down from all that trauma, do your little jaunts through the house - as I imagine you have been doing - and let that incision close up good and tight and I bet you will be seeing improvements. :yes:
You can come here anytime to ask questions, whine, or just generally bemoan the recovery process while expressing amazement and wonder at how this surgery wipes out that ugly old hip pain.:heehee:
 
2 weeks post op I wouldn't panic about not being able to lift your leg or developing a limp. Once the body recovers from the trauma the muscles will start their healing process. As for the burn possibly the surgeon or assistant dropped their cigar.
 
Hi, Thanks for the update. It's always nice to read progress reports.
It sounds like you're doing well. A burn? That's a new one to me. I'd ask about it at your post op tomorrow.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Hope you have a nice day :SUNsmile:
@Kmhefner
 
@Kmhefner “Log Leg” took three weeks in my case but got a lot better in the third week. I used a bandage or dressing gown cord to hook round it and get it into bed or the car. It is annoying but it will go..
 
Thank you @Layla and @SurreyGirl!

I am at a point where I can just lift my leg into bed and the car with my arms. A perk of having this done so young! I washed my hair just now and I have so many new baby silvers growing in from the surgery trauma. :old:
 
No kidding, Surrey Girl...about @Kmhefner being on trend. Some of those younger women look so beautiful with their fake gray hair. I suppose because everything else on their face is still tight and taught. :heehee:
I'm just thankful for a cheap little box of haircolor when I want it.
Hope you have a lovely day!
 
Hey does anyone have a suggestion of what's safe to put on my skin around the incision? From the swelling and bandages, that have now been removed, it's all dry. I also lost some skin from the tegaderm :(

Other than that I'm doing great overall! I was released to drive and I've transitioned to a cane from my walker. The PT says I may only be on it for 2 weeks! I thankfully can trust this guy. I went to college with him and he's married to one of my friends. Small world here in Tulsa, Oklahoma!
 
@Josephine Would you be able to comment on my last post about what would be safe to put on my skin around the incision?

Thank you in advance!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom