THR Kmhefner Recovery Thread

The trick will be this early on..not to get it on incision.
Some Coco butter, or coconut oil, or a little Vitamin E or even Vaseline if it is not going to get in your incision might help.
I like coconut oil but have Used the others.
Maybe Jo will have a different suggestion.
 
Scar looks alot like mine and will fade quickly.
Here is mine at 5 months.
Even less noticeable now!
Don't want to introduce any germs in to that incision, right?
Hope you have a good weekend.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Kmhefner  Recovery Thread
    rps20171021_132121.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 133
Would you be able to comment on my last post
Sorry, it seems that the UK lost US internet connection all day yesterday!
what's safe to put on my skin around the incision?
Try Active Scar Shield which you can buy from the advert at the top of the page. That way you give a little bunce to the forum while you're treating your wound!

(the ad changes every 10 seconds or so, so just wait until it comes up again!)
 
I am almost to the 1 month mark post op! I am doing very well with walking and PT.

I've seemed to pull something in my upper back having to rely on my upper body more with getting in and out of bed, the toilet, etc... Ice and heat do not seem to be helping it any. I may go see a chiropractor if it doesn't let up!

My incision looks great at this point. I do have a lot of scar tissue build up and nerve damage that I'm hoping to relieve over time.
 
Great news @Kmhefner on you walking at PT. Wonderful that your incision is looking great. Perhaps a RMT could help you with the scar tissue build up? Not sure about the nerve damage though.

My RTHR was a few days before you. I'm walking with walking sticks and building strength by walking around our farm. I have a slight leg length discrepancy which OS will rectify next month (Nov 8) when I have LTHR!
 
I had nerve issues (numbness mainly asking with some prickles, zings and zaps...they subsided over the months until all gone now.
Keep the faith...:tada:
 
Aww, sorry about your back. Hopefully an adjustment helps. Would you consider massage?
Might help to relieve some tense overworked muscles.
It's nice to hear you're doing well aside from that. I hope you find relief soon.
A great week to you!
@Kmhefner
 
@Kmhefner - I also had the burning sensation in my thigh. The OS and PT thought it was probably nerve related and that over time it would stop, it did. I also had the zipper closure for the incision when I had my hip replacement 5/2/18. It was the GREATEST thing, my incision closed up so quickly. To contrast that though, I had to have another surgery 8/1/18 and they reopened that incision - that particular hospital did not use the zipper method, instead I had staples. The staples left a lumpy scar (I also developed an opening in the wound late August and an infection). When the OS removes the hardware they put in, he will bring in a plastic surgeon to repair a crater that the infection and wound left behind. When I have my next THR (11/5/18), they will be using the zipper closure.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope your back is feeling better since your last post.
Let us know how you're doing when you have a minute.
Wishing you a great rest of the week!
@Kmhefner
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom