THR Kerfline on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo!

You are a rockstar Vinnie! So that would make it 2 weeks from your surgery date. That sounds like a plan Stan. I am most excited about sleeping on my incision as I sleep on that side! I haven't been able to sleep on that side in a couple years!

Cheryl
 
Great going for you. Love that you got the cane in Aldi. I got great cushions in Lidl (Aldi's brother store) after my op...A half roll which was brilliant for under my knees and a cushion with a cut out that you could put between your knees. Well worth every penny....

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Vinnie

Wanted to see how you were doing as you are almost 3 weeks post op. I am not quite at a week...okay. 4 days post op! I only use crutches. Spend my days, icing 24 7 with my machine, doing Physio in the bed, medication every 4 hrs. And taking walks in the house back and forth to the bed. I watched some great movies and I sleep in four hour increments. Morphine is giving my legs the twitches but no pain.

Cheryl
 
Hello Cheryl, My days are getting better, though any pain that I have now is nowhere near my hip. I have soreness on the side of my leg, mid thigh to the side of my knee.I have been taking extra strength Tylenol now and then for some discomfort, mostly after PT. I have been walking around the house without the cane now, though I still use it for stairs and if I go outside or to the store. My left leg does not seem longer than the right anymore, so that's a good sign. I just have to rebuild the strength and mobility back into that leg. It have to see my Dr. on the 25th and find out when I will be able to drive again.
I hope all is going well for you. It's quite process ,this rehab and all,but it does take time and patients.
Everyone on this forum is right ,it does get better and it takes time.
Hope you are feeling better today!
Blessings, Vinnie
 
Vinnie

The pain you are describing is periformis pain. It lays in the spot you described..ask your PT. Also it may be to early use a foam roller but I use mine everyday 3 times a day (well not right now in recovery) and roller over that tendon as well as the glut min, glut med and the glut max. Hip flexors as well and The IT band. All of these muscles stabilize the hip and in both our cases haven't been firing on all cylinders
 
Cheryl, I'm not kidding! I have a foam sleeve for my paint roller. I'm going to give it a go.
I call it "RED NECK" therapy. :rotfl:
 
@Kerfline , @Jamie

Oh Vinnie you just crack me up. Now you understand the method calls for you to position the roller at the top of the thigh where you roll it down the length of that muscle running down to the side of your knee. My ou have to lay on the roller and use your arms to make thrilling action wok.

Seriously read the article that jamie sent and then look on YouTube for a foam roller being used to treat Piriformis Syndrome.

Cheryl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom