THR Kerfline on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kerfline , just checking to see how you are getting on with this recovery. Update when you feel up to it!
 
I'm headed home to day! My PT this morning went great
Darn- didn't se your post op side until now. Sent a message to your other thread. Looks like you are on your way to a great recovery! Congrats!

I'm headed home to day! My PT this morning went great! My PT did not go so well yesterday and schedule me to go to a in patient rehab center....not anymore ...Home Sweet Home!
Thanks,
Blessing,Vinnie
 
Well done! Safe journey home. You will feel so much better in your own bed!
 
@Kerfline , just checking to see how you are getting on with this recovery. Update when you feel up to it!

Jaycey, I'm doing great......I'm going Home Sweet Home!
Thanks so much for the support!
I keep everyone posted.
Blessing, Vinnie
 
Joanna, I'm headed home today! My PT this morning went great. Yesterday morning was not so great and they suggested that I go to an in patient rehab center. So yesterday they set that all up for me but, what difference a day makes. I did real well this morning ,so we cancel the in patient rehab...and I'm going home.
Monday I have to call to setup up out patient rehab visits.
Are you getting anxious for you next surgery? I know if I ever had to have my right hip done, there would be a lot less stress knowing what I know now.Anyway,I will keep everyone posted on recovery.
I hope that you stay calm for your LTHR.
Blessings, Vinnie
 
@ Kerfline, just checking on you and hoping that this first few days at home are as comfy and pain-free as possible. It can be a bit rocky but it won't last long. Hang in there. We're here for you!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ Kerfline, just checking on you and hoping that this first few days at home are as comfy and pain-free as possible. It can be a bit rocky but it won't last long. Hang in there. We're here for you!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Beachgal, It is a bit rocky, but I guess it goes with the territory. I'm on the recliner trying to get comfortable. My dog Buddy sleeping on the floor by me. My wife has been supportive but there is only so much she can do. Ice & pain meds and toughing it out. Just like any surgery ...the days get better.
Thanks, Vinnie
 
Each day gets better Vinnie!
Sounds like you are doing well at home. Yay!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Those first few days are a little tough as you are trying to get a routine together and manage the initial pain. It does settle! I hope today is better than yesterday!
 
It WILL get better. Be kind and patient to yourself and allow the time to listen to your body and figure out what it needs. It's telling you. Prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Those first few days are a little tough as you are trying to get a routine together and manage the initial pain. It does settle! I hope today is better than yesterday!


NoraJ, Yes today it better. I have been doing my exercises and that's been a challenge.No pain, no gain so they say. I know each day will get a little better though.
Thanks, Vinnie
 
Ease up on the PT, Vinnie. Allow your body to rest and adjust. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I agree with others don't push the exercises if you feel they are causing pain. There is some discomfort but it shouldn't cause too much of a spike in your pain levels. I remember feeling so vulnerable and afraid of falling or banging into something and hurting myself. But it does come together and it's great you've support at home...it helps so much!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Prayers for rest tonight as your body welcomes your new hip! They will make peace soon and you'll be on your way to recovery!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Has anyone experienced pain in the front of their thigh to the knee after surgery? I'm feeling a little bit of the same pain before surgery.Is it because my thigh and knee are still swollen and need to heal completely?
Just want to know if this is normal.
Thanks,Vinnie
 
Yes @Kerfline... you'll find you get pains in your limbs that seem unconnected to your hip and a little random. But it's more often than not related to it as the muscles are adapting the change in your hip/leg. I didn't have much swelling by my hip but my ankles doubled in size some days. It can be so different for every body.

As @muckingabout use ice to ease it and make sure you don't overdo PT or walking and are taking your meds as prescribed.

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
I'm always preaching about drinking plenty of water so that's my two-cents but it will help with getting rid of the anesthesia out of your system as well as swelling. Ice. Elevate. Agree to all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks everyone for the advice and feedback. I'm finding that most of the pain now is in the evening hours. I have been timing my pain meds so that I'm taking them just before bed time.That seems to help me though the night. Last night was my best night so far sleeping. I slept six hours straight and feel very rested.
Today I go to the rehab center to get evaluated,and they told me that lasts about an hour. I will make sure I time my pain meds for that visit! I will be going there at least twice a week for 6-8 wks for PT. What's nice is the rehab center is only two miles from my home, which makes it convenient.
I know this is a working process and that I have to take one day at a time. Each day is getting better.
Blessings everyone!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom