THR Kay9s Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Kay9 I think it is amazing to hear of your progress. Love to read your posts. I am afraid to say when I see your avatar all I think of is bed swapping!!

The double jointedness/hyper flexibility which I had never seen as a problem before was a factor in my broken foot bone, as when I fell my foot bent much further back than it would have done hence the break. Apparently the collagen in the joint is weaker than norm allowing the joints to move too far.

Bright red hair to match your avatar?? I loved it when friends used to say to me post op that i was looking well, looking younger etc. I also loved feeling younger - you have got a great time ahead.
 
Chortle good for you. That's right girl grab normality and take ownership. Your haphazard life certainly mirrors many parts of mine. I once.got in passenger seat of wrong car. I looked at driver and said hello I'm numpty Nigel who should have gotten in that car in front. Have bumped into chap several times since, chortles at my expense abounded.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Kay9 - That's great! You can enjoy normal things again - the bistro, the Mall, and hope you enjoyed the trip to the hairdresser's and having your hair dyed. Maybe when you're fully recovered a new pair of shoes like the one in your avatar could be on the shopping list.
 
@Kay9 how's it going? I agree, red hair to match the avatar! How is your household taking to the new you?

@Legin that's a good story. I once put my key into the doorlock of a car identical to mine, which had parked right next to mine (!) while I was shopping. (All old Volvo keys fit in each other's locks, including ignition, but don't turn. )


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi Hippies:)

Ive been at the hospital since 11pm last night, just got back now! Not because Im ill, but because ive just become a Grandmother:yes!:. My Daughter had a perfect little boy, and despite all her health problems, she is recovering fantastically, did it all with no pain relief and was amazing! The baby is just too cute! :roseshwr:

Im so tired now, going to have a sleep, think Ive maybe done too much this last few days but I feel pretty good. Pain very minimal, just slightly achy today, although legs feel a little weaker than they did yesterday, probably because Im tired.
All in all, another action-packed, interesting and brilliant day on my hippy journey.:flwrysmile:

Edited to add...she didnt have the planned c-section because she went into labour things just went so fast, so she did SO WELL!! Proud of her:thumb:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Spies a Cheshire cat grandma, nice one lass. Takes mind of hips hey

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi NannyKay or GranmaKay (I am NannyKaren)
Excitement ahead. Being A Granny gets better and better!
It is good timing with your hip lucky the birth was not a few months earlier x
 
Congratilations @Kay9 !!!! HippyNanna! Hooraayyy! What a present for your new hip! Very happy to hear mother and boybaby doing well, I imagine your daughter is elated!!
So you and mummy can rest up together, and by the time SirKay9 is ready to walk, you will be having a forgotten hip!
Yep you are worn out from the past few days-- time for some serious napping!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Aww! @Kay9 Congratulations GrannyKay! Such wonderful news! Look at how far you have come! Enjoy every minute! Rest and rest some more!
 
Congratulations to you and your daughter. Being a nanny/granny is the best thing ever. We had our grandsons to stay every other weekend, but that has had to be stopped for a while until I am back up and running properly. I don't think I could quite cope with an 8 month old at the moment, although the 5 year old maybe ok.

So pleased to see you are also doing well.
 
Thankyou you wonderful bunch of hip people:thumb:

Woken up in pain tonight, just taken some tablets. Looking back, its not surprising Im having a day when I feel its going backwards slightly....in the first 9 days Ive, been to hospital twice with possible infection, causing frequent getting in and out of car , I had a dislocation, been to a Bistro , went to the Mall shopping, spent around 7 hours in a delivery suit in a Maternity hospital...:shocked:. No wonder its a bit sore :heehee:. Ive just popped to the loo and turned around to grab my stick to come out of the bathroom, but I hadn't taken the stick! Id walked to the bathroom with no sticks, no wonder I was limping a bit!

Got to go see my GP in the morning to get some more Tramadol, then Im going to have a restful day, make up for the hectic time Ive had. Ive got a huge box of chocolates with my name on them. Im going to recline on my bed, read and eat all the chocolates without sharing any. Because " chocolate" and "share" are 2 words I dont like to use in the same sentence:snork:.

Rest rest rest is the order of the day tomorrow. Unless of course my Sister asks if I want to go shoe shopping then Itll be:bolt:
Hope all my fellow hippies are doing well:flwrysmile:
 
Ummm... Chocolate. Chocolate fixes things and makes the word better.
Unless, of course, it melts in your purse :bawl:

Congratulations Grandma!

Patti in Vail AZ
 
Chortle I'm really not surprised you forgot your stick. You are a do er. Hence you see what needandone and just do it. Then sometimes realise its a should i really be doing this..... Take care tho

Legin THR Sep 14
 
:sneaker:@Kay9 Just caught up on your thread. You certainly won the prized after all your ups and downs. Congrats on your new grandbaby. Let the fun begin! :happydance:
 
Wonderful news! Congrat on the new grand baby. Grandchildren are such a blessing and it just gets better and better!! This is just the beginning of a fantastic adventure..
 
Hi @Kay9 - congratulations to your grandson. I'm so pleased for you that everything went well with the birth. Did I understand that correctly: He was born on 25 June, same day as my second daughter. I have 4 daughters but no grand-children. Now rest, so that you recover well and can enjoy him! And maybe one day treat yourself to some nice shoes and wear them without hurting. You have deserved your chocolate.
Have a nice weekend, Constanze
 
@Kay9 um...may be best not to shoe shop...that's how I gave myself tendonitis at 8 weeks. Still have it; won't make that ODIC mistake again!!
You can put chocolate and share in the same paragraph IF the other person brought twice as much :teehee:
Do restrestrest!! You deserve it!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Nooo not the shoe shop. I remember going in with hair and coming out bald. Don't forget you will get tired easily so go to bed shop after.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Isn't the speed of your recovery amazing- a real rollercoaster but you are getting there. \it seemed unimaginable 2 weeks ago that you could get through the worst but you have. .. Whooppee !!
 
Hellooooo there!:)
Thankyou for all the congratulations. Yes, being a Nanny is a great feeling, and all the sweeter because I didnt think I would ever be one! My Daughter was told she could probably never have kids, and I knew my youngest wouldnt, so being a Nanny was something I resigned myself to never being.

My Grandson ( how cool is that:yes:) has been a little unwell the last day or so, he had a temperature and was quite fretful, so had a lumber puncture to rule out Meningitis, which thankfully its not. He has an infection though so is on special care unit on antibiotics, but we are optimistic that hes going to be fine in a few days so trying not to worry too much. @Constanze yes he was born on the same day as your Daughter:thumb:

Im still moving in the right direction with my hip, although I dont seem to be walking quite so well today, and its a bit sore, but swings and roundabouts I guess, I think Ive not been resting it enough. Ive been out and about a lot every day, I think I need a full day in and resting, although when Im going to be able to do that is anyones guess. Ive been out to buy baby stuff today ( I avoided shoe shops :snork:) and its my sisters birthday tomorrow so we are going out for a meal then going to the hospital, maybe on Sunday I should try to stay in and rest.

The combination of my Mum and Daughter trying to work together to "care" for me is getting beyond fraught, so I think its probably time I was left to care for myself and Daughter now. Theres nothing much I cant do for myself now, at 10 days post op.

Im not too happy with my posture though, I seem to still be walking how I walked before the op....kind of lent forward a bit with my bum stuck out:heehee:. I dont know if its habit or if thats just the way the muscles are now? Im also pretty sure my op leg is longer. And wont seem to straighten completely. All little things in the great scheme of things but still.....

I feel I would be fine driving, and Im tempted to try, but will wait until my 6 week check-up. Im being a bit more careful since I dislocated but Im not being obsessive about it and letting it rule my every waking hour. Although I did wake in the night and EEEK,:yikes:, I was led on my side!! I carefully moved back to my back and all was ok. I was also watching TV ( sat in the torture-chair the Hospital sent me . Its soooo uncomfortable!) and suddenly realised my legs were crossed:shocked:. I said out loud " oh no, legs are crossed!!!" And my Mum who was in the kitchen and hard of hearing came in, conversation went like this....

mum- --whats wrong with Liz? ( my sister)
Me- I dunno? Is something wrong with Liz?
Mum- well you said there was!
Me- huh? i never?
Mum- yes you did, you just said it!
Me- Mum, I never mentioned Liz?
Mum- you did. You said she was cross.
Me- Eh??
Mum- you just called out to me that Liz was cross!
Me- No Mum, I said MY LEGS ARE CROSSED.
Mum-oh well thats not clever is it, You arnt supposed to do that!
:flabber:
Give me strength.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom