THR Kay9s Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Kay9
I had an infection of the wound, pus and weeping, from about day 14. I took antibiotics and it cleared in about 7 days BUT it was so scary as I didn't realise that infection of the wound does not really relate to the joint. It is a hard time but you know we are all routing for you X
 
@Kay9 good for you for being proactive and getting things checked out by you doctor. I've been "lurking" on both your pre and post-op threads but you've always gotten such good answers/comments to your questions that I didn't have anything to add. Now I do -- all the best to you.
 
Best wishes @Kay9 ! My thoughts are with you. There are lots of people here whose recoveries haven't taken the normal path. I hope you can take heart from their stories and not worry too much--no matter how difficult that is!
 
Sometimes we get wee HIC ups all it means is when we get to finishing post we do bigger bionic boogie
 
Just got home. @Kay9 i sure hope you've been seen by now! Sitting in those awful waiting room chairs cannot have been fun.
Prayers for swift healing!! chris


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Glad you're getting this checked out. Please let us know how you're doing!
 
Hi all, thankyou for all your lovely messages and good wishes. They have kept me in the hospital, although theyre unsure whats going on re the sickness & temperature . (Im not in the private hospital because they have no a&e department so am in the main local hospital ) Doctor said he was concerned it may be the very beginning of an infection so Im on antibiotics, and anti-sickness. I have "dire-rear":heehee: Now too, which is a bit of a leap from such bad constipation, but at least Im going!
Pain controlled again now Im keeping pain meds down. Severely anaemic apparently, and the hospital are surprised that the original hospital didnt give me anything for it, as when they checked on the computer it showed that at my last blood test the day after the op, it was at 7.2 (I believe is the number they said?)

What a journey this is! Im still glad I had it done ( in a way) because I know all these things are temporary and that once Im over this rough patch, the benefits will show.
At the moment Im just soooo tired I want to sleep for a month:sleeep:.
Thanks again to all on this wonderful forum:flwrysmile:
 
Best place lass as if there is a wee infection can be controlled and pain relief can be sorted more easily. Sleep well

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Kay9
With all of your care responsibilities at home, a quick blast of hospital is probably the best for you. Wishing you well, hope they work out what is going on and get you sorted. All the best x
 
My goodness @Kay9 you really have been having a rough time of things. The good news is that the pain is controlled. I'm sure this will have upset your daughter as it wasn't in the plan of action, but with luck you won't be in hospital too long.
Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery.
 
@Kay9 I'm glad to hear you sound so upbeat and optimistic even tho tired! Take advantage of your stay. Get some good rest and let the experts figure out what's going on.

Happy thoughts from across the pond!

AH
 
@Kay9
My first thought was ~now you will get rest and a bit of peace while the doctors and nurses care for you! Secondly, I wish you a speedy recover ~ you poor dear!
Stay positive and all will be well! Stay in touch~
 
@Kay9 as @Legin says, hospital's the best place for you to get things sorted out and nipped in the bud.
Dire rear-- I am going to have to remember that one !!! Made me giggle!
You have zero responsibilities now, nap and nap and nap, because while you are sleeping your body is healing! :) :) chris


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@Kay9 I just had a thought-- while you are there, get the nurses to write up a detailed schedule for your meds. Then you will know when you are back home, exactly what worked in hospital ! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Omg I must be the most disastrous person! This morning I dislocated my hip:boohoo:. I cant believe this run of back luck im having in 2015. I dont even understand how it happened! It was the un operated leg I was moving at the time?:shrug:. I asked how this could happen at the hospital but they just said these things happen sometime and that I probably "hyper- extended". How can hyper extending the good leg, whatever that means, cause that?

All I was doing was lifting my good leg up into my trouser leg while standing on my operated leg. How in the world can that dislocate the new hip? I dont get it?

Anyway, talk about pain:tantrum:. It was put back in manually so at least I didnt have to have surgery but GOD im fed up!!! Its not very painful now, just an ache, but Im so worried to make any movement now? Im not in a brace but if it happens again I will be.

Surely Ive exhausted all the "things that can go wrong" with pre and post op hip problems? Enough already please? My shoulders are wide but they are now creaking a bit under the weight of everything.:nah:.

On the plus side, it appears any infection has been caught early and no more problems there. Plus my incision has been looked at and Im surprised but pleased to be told I have no stitches or staples, its glued. I didnt know that.


One funny thing happened at the hospital...I went to use the toilet and was very distracted worrying about all this, left the toilet and went and pulled the curtains around my bed and lay down and closed my eyes. 5 minutes later a woman opened the curtains and said " comfortable there?" I told her yes thankyou and she said she was glad for me but could I get in my own bed?:dubious:. I was in the wrong bed!:thud::heehee:
 
@Kay9 good thing we have humor to get us through. Please take care of both hips and keep us posted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom