Guest viewing is limited

THR Kay9s Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here he is, as requested:roseshwr:
[Bonesmart.org] Kay9s Recovery
 
@Kay9 well.....that's about the cutest little face ever. He would make me forget my pain in a heartbeat. Congratulations. ..xo
 
Chortle, now there is a face that says I'm da boss here. Try to get some rest lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
All together now ... Aaaah!!! ...... What a sweetie.

@Kay9 hope all is well for you as you settle at home x
 
:flwrysmile:Thankyou, I know Im biased because he is my Grandson, but I think he's beautiful !:roseshwr::loveshwr: Just got back from the hospital and he's probably being discharged tomorrow:yay:.

Im loving this heat wave we,re having, but my heart goes out to any of you having to wear Ted stockings!:nah:I havnt worn mine once since coming home, I simply couldn't manage to put them on!

Wound check tomorrow, sure everything is fine. Feeling good:thumb:
 
But @Kay9, you're right, your grandson is beautiful. I'm sure you are all beautiful people in your family.

Enjoy the fine weather - walking, maybe an icecream? If you're mobile, it's not so important to put on the stockings. Then they are not a matter of "life and death".
 
Hoooraayyy! The little one is coming home! How's his mama doing, and his auntie?


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@Constanze thankyou, thats a lovely thing to say!:). My Daughter is stunning, olive-skinned, long dark hair and huge brown eyes. Her partner is very handsome, blonde hair and ice-blue eyes, but it looks as if Milo is taking after my Daughter more at the moment. Babies do change though dont they, so maybe he will look more like his Dad and less like our side of the family in time. We dont mind, his Daddy is a hunk:wink:

Yes Im very mobile I think, just been for a nice walk, only to the farm at the end of the lane but its about 15mins there and back, was nice to be out and about in my village, most of my walking for the last week has been either hospital corridors for me or my Daughter and out to eat, so to walk in the village is lovely. I might even wander down to our village pub at the weekend:snork:

Hi @zauberflöte , Mummy is doing great:thumb:, she adores motherhood and its been all the more special because she never thought this day would come. He really is a little miracle :SUNsmile:
Auntie is excited, even more so because she said Milo recognises her voice, as he opens his eyes whenever she speaks. Shes going to dote on her little nephew im sure:yes:
 
Awwww what a cutie. Nothing is better than a new little grandchild!
 
Just been to have a wound check and saw my scar for the first time. Im very pleased:thumb: I had posterior but also have a cut on the actual hip at the front, Im not sure why? ive just posted pics in the scars area of the forum, @Josephine could you possibly tell me why that cut would be there? I asked my GP nurse today but she didnt know. Possibly something to do with the pelvis? Or maybe an instrument was dropped:heehee:
 
Hi again @Kay9
Its is strange that your surgeon or your team did not tell you about the second wound. Its very disrespectful of your need to know and be involved. Oh well in the scheme of things could be worse. When I read "maybe an instrument dropped " it made me shudder.:heehee:
 
Glad you're pleased! Hope you get an answer on the one in the front! It sounds like you are doing extremely well :) :) :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Congratulations on your recovery and your new sweet grandson. He is beautiful. That face would have me skipping through the house to hold! Love and hugs K9!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had posterior but also have a cut on the actual hip at the front, Im not sure why? Josephine could you possibly tell me why that cut would be there?
I'm not surprised the nurse didn't know what it was - she's obviously never worked in theatre! I don't think it's anything to do with the surgery, more likely the anaesthetist. It's probable he was trying to do a procedure there, maybe a femoral block. Certainly it's not a dropped instrument! For one thing, your thigh would be covered in drapes there.
 
Me thinks K9 was jesting not expecting to find the odd scalpel there

Legin THR Sep 14
 
:snork: Yep @Legin , you get my humour.

Thanks @Josephine for your post. What is a Femoral Block? The area is a little bruised, yet Ive had hardly any bruising at all on the operation site and none at all on the leg or thigh, my surgeon was either very gentle or very skilled or both:thumb:

@copsham no, nobody mentioned that cut to me, but to be fair, I didnt ask anyone either. I took little notice of it after my op, its only now that Im wondering what it is.

Actually, I wasnt told anything much about my op at all. Apart from a quick chat where the surgeon mentioned that they took some of the pelvis away, that I should expect some pain and that the hip had collapsed, thats all that was said. The nursing staff never told me anything about anything really. Thinking back, I wasnt shown how to dress, how to get to the toilet that first time, how to shower, get in or out of bed, I just worked all those things out for myself or by reading here. I was told I had 3 months of restrictions but wasnt told what those restrictions were, its only from BoneSmart that I knew what those were, so I dont know where I would be if not for reading here, I feel sorry for those who dont know of this place. But again, to be fair, I didnt ask, so my fault too.

@zauberflöte yep Im doing very well thankyou. Im amazed at how good Im feeling. :)

@Tweefishy he is beautiful isnt he? I do feel like skipping through the house:happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom