Guest viewing is limited

THR Kay9s Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they say up here, aye a ken. You have grown from.an insecure person to a funny confident person. Oh and yup I ken you and your humour

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thankyou @Josephine , I hadn't seen that before, very interesting. Im guessing thats what the cut would be caused by then. I will ask my Surgeon when I see him at my 6 week check up, although I dont suppose it matters what caused it really now. Thankyou for the help:flwrysmile:

@Legin you do make me smile:). Thankyou. By the way, is that an EBT that I can see peeking out of the blanket on your avatar pic? They ( along with Staffies) are my favorite dog breeds. I adore all Bull Terriers. I had an EBT some years ago called Dave:heehee:. He was sadly lacking in brain cells but made up for it by his huge heart. Such a clown. I envy you owning an EBT :yes:
 
Why thank you, I firmly believe in this process the value of mirth in well being. When we feel better we can face the difficulties of this recovery process with more fortitude. The way you describe a fall to most would be an omg you poor thing yet on reading your post I can hear chortles round this shrinking globe of ours.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin I like a good chortle:heehee:. I agree with @zauberflöte too, laughter is the best medicine. I try to see the humour in most things. It helps.:yes:

I walked to the village pub this evening, it took me about 20 mins ( its about a 10 minute walk away....more on the way back if ive had a few drinks:swoon:) and I Had to stop a few times, but it was good to get there finally and have a cold lemonade. After an hour I was suddenly tired though so a friend gave me a lift back, its a little uphill on the way back and I didnt feel up to it. I think I couldve managed on one stick but took 2 because the ground is uneven and slanted.

Ive got quite a largish swelling still just next to the incision, a definite bump about the size of a large fist. Its the only swelling Ive got apart from a small one behind the knee. Im not sure what it is and its not uncomfortable just tender. Its noticeable even with trousers on now, is it just post op swelling? Im icing it but it doesnt seem to do anything.

Ive got friends coming tomorrow for a bbq. On the understanding that they do all the cooking and clearing up:thumb: And Im out to the pub on Sunday for lunch with my youngest daughter, will probably walk down and see how I feel about walking back, theres always someone around to give us a lift back if needed. Then my ex Hubby coming on the evening for a bite to eat and we are going to visit Milo:) So quite a busyish weekend planned. Monday I shall rest:thumb:

All in all, Im doing good.:SUNsmile:
 
@Kay9 What a wonderful report! Oh how nice you can walk to the pub! I am in a typical US suburb where you need a car for everything so I was really housebound at first.
I think ~ I'm not a doctor though~ the swelling is still post op recovery. I was swollen for quite a while and still swell if I am on my feet too long.
Enjoy your weekend! Enjoy that Grandson! I am resting for a 1/2 hour before my dinner guests come over. Looking forward to that! :curtsey:
 
Oh Kay what a happy recovery you are having! Makes me happy just to read your updates :)
I had anterior, and once the swelling went down I was left with a pooch to the outside of my incision. I have not ever worried about it-- I have the same thing on my lower belly from a hysterectomy. A friend was kind enough to warn me about that way back then, so I just figure this thigh one is fat, redistributed :lol:
That doesn't explain your knee, though. Ask your OS, I guess :)
Do enjoy your village life! We suburban Americans really envy that sometimes!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Grand lass now nae dancing on the tables in the pub. You are embracing life to the full nice one

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Kay9
It is amazing, your recovery! I remember those posts in the early days, sounded so impossible i couldn't imagine anything going right for you. NOW .. no stopping you ... take it easy but take it .... as the saying goes!
 
Hi @Sullivand , @zauberflöte , @Legin and @copsham thankyou!:flwrysmile:

Yes Im doing SO great!:happydance: I enjoyed my walk to the pub...will be even better when I can actually partake of a few glasses of wine:thumb:.
Just pottering around this morning getting a few things ready for the BBQ, although Im not going to be doing anything much, I shall just preside over the proceedings and give orders:snork:. My best mate is travelling up here on 3 buses, carting a disposable BBQ, bless him, but has said he wants to do it, it was his idea, and all Ive got to do is make sure he has beer here. He is so funny so even if the BBQ catches fire to the garden, we will have a laugh:heehee:. He may well end up kipping on my sofa.

Other friends from the village just have to stroll across the road to get here so at least they dont have far to stagger home.

Heres a little tip to all the ladies ( and some men, if they so wish:wink:) dont try painting the toenails on your operated leg with a "grabber" holding the nail varnish brush.:nah:It doesnt work. Your toes will look like theyve been chewed by a rabid dog and the brush keeps dropping onto the floor. After all that struggling, I still cant wear my pretty sandals.:sad:
 
Chortle, tip taken on board. Have a great normal weekend. Will watch out for smoke signals.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
No @Kay9 did you really try to paint your toenails with the grabber?? You will try anything, won't you :lol:
Sounds like a wonderful party you've got going this evening, I imagine you on your throne pointing at things and saying "make it so " !!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Have a good evening. The sun is shining and hopefully the thunder and lightning will stay away x
 
BBQ went well:thumb: Bit of Bob Marley blasting out, food was nice ( if a little well-cooked) and the company was fun. Only downside was that my friend also brought fireworks, and as I live in a Tiny village surrounded by livestock and horses, if anyone wants to plan a party with fireworks it has to be pre-announced in the village news letter, to give people the chance to move their animals etc..so I had to tell him we couldnt light them. He was my next door neighbour when I lived in the middle of a large city and was teasing me that ive now turned into a country bumpkin who considers cows. :snork:

Although I didnt do much, it did tire me out having people here. It was supposed to be around ten of us but we had lots of people just popping in " to check what the noise was" and staying. One literally, He lives 5 minutes down the road but drank a little too much and is now on my sofa till he can face walking home. My friend from where I used to live is on the other sofa, Im in bed now leaving them to it and Ive no idea who will be there when I wake in the morning. Or maybe I will run into one of them on one of my frequent trips to the loo.

My Daughter enjoyed herself, in her own way. She wont eat food outside because shes fixated on bugs and flys getting on the food, so she kept coming out and getting her BBQ then taking it back inside. It also meant she didnt have to stay and speak to people for too long, so it suited her to keep coming and going. Ive had to warn her that 2 people are sleeping in the lounge, shes ok with that as long as shes warned and doesn't just walk in.

@zauberflöte yep I really did experiment with trying to paint my toenails with the grabber:yes:. It was a huge failure. Im going to have to go get a pedicure and explain why one foot has varnish all over the toes. I wanted to wear open-toed sandals today but made it look worse than if Id worn the sandals with no painted nails. Back on with the slip on shoes.

Doing my second walk to the pub tomorrow for Sunday Lunch. At the moment the thought of walking down there isnt appealing, Im very tired, but will see how I feel tomorrow. Im sure I will be fine to walk though.

I timed myself today to see how long I could stand on one leg, the operated leg, and can stand like it for 13 seconds before it feels odd or weak:). Not that Im going to be Hopping anywhere :wink: But I was just curious. Im using no sticks at all around the house now, but Ive noticed when Im tired I do limp a bit, so maybe I should go back to one stick for a while? When I walk my new hip feels smooth and no pain at all, not quite full range of movement but almost. The lump next to my incision seems a little smaller this evening.:thumb:

So, another good day on Planet Kay9. Onwards and upwards. Every now and then I think back to the beginning part of my recovery and think :wow:, its turned around so quickly, much much easier than I expected. Im 100% glad I had this done:flwrysmile:
 
Im getting on so well walking, Im even considering starting to think about getting another dog or two. I miss my long country walk SO much, and although I know I can do them alone, its not the same.

I have a short list drawn up:) ( all Rescues...I dont agree with dog breeding while so many are in the Pound needing homes.)
I want either a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, English Bull Terrier, French Bulldog, Boston Terrier , Rottweiler or Bull Mastiff. Fortunately there are LOTS of Staffies in Rescue, so should be easy to find one. Not so many of the others though. Anyway, its just a thought...planning ahead. Of course, I have to have the other hip done first, but if that recovery is as good as this one, I should have my doggy this year.:SUNsmile::dogwalk:
 
Strange men in the lounge, dogs flying through your dreams, whatever will it be next?!?!
Isn't that "smoooth" feeling of the hip working just AWESOME? That's part if why I remember it every day :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
:spin:@Kay9 Take your time adding a doggie to your life~ it's one more thing to take care of and now is your time to take care of you!
Your BBQ sounded a smashing hit! We were all lit with fireworks and now just a few kabooms as our night closes.
 
Gooood grief woman you make me dizzy. I so agree with getting a rescue dog both mine are. Kizz who is the oldun in pic is.staffie, collie, kangeroo, dolphin, and I don't know cross. A word tho with both my dogs I took a week off work to settle the dog into its new surroundings. That way I could ensure house trained and separation issues but it was constant work and quite tiring. Would I do it so.close to this procedure probably not. But hey everyone is diffent and we each can make our own assessment of the effect of bringing a new member to the family. Hope you aren't annoyed at this but heck I'm a speak ma mind guy. Take care and keep smiling. Oh other dog the youngun is a boxer, lab cross and was a real handful due to energy

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom