TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

Oh brother, I am sooooo sleepy! I can't seem to stay awake. I am taking less pain meds than last time but still so sleepy. I seem to nod off at a moment's notice, which is not like me. I hate to choose between good pain control and staying awake but I might have to. :alarm::sleep::zzz:
 
Enjoy the sleep when and wherever!!
 
My daughter said to think of it as a hibernation and just enjoy it!
 
I agree with your daughter! Napping was the very best past of recovery for me! I’m not a napper, but really enjoyed it at that point. There’s a chance your body is just working so hard to heal that it’s creating that energy drain and along with meds you’re super tired. Just embrace it for now!
 
You’re such a pro this time around!
 
Congrats on having both knees done and doing so well. My 2nd one is next week so I will be following along. Best wishes that your recovery continues to be smooth and easy.
 
I am having a lot more swelling and bruising this time around and it seems like it is getting worse every day. I am black and blue from my ankle to my groin and my knee is huge, just a big old goose egg sticking out of the medial side. I called the nurse's desk to see if I should continue the blood thinner shots (can't do aspirin) and they said yes. But the pain is getting harder to control, hurts if anything touches my leg. I am doing nothing but elevating and icing. There goes that smooth and easy recovery.
 
I think you should go back on a schedule for your pain meds until you can get over this hurdle. Are you elevating high enough? If you don't get relief, I think you should call your OS about your increased pain.
 
I am doing better today. Last night was a low point; things are always worse at 2AM! Pain is better and swelling isn't worse. I am taking oxy 5mg four times a day and add a second 5mg if needed.. Im also taking acetaminophen timed release (seems to work better than the regular for some reason.) I'm also taking hemp oil 2-3x a day and that really helps too. I had a migraine last night (main reason I take the hemp oil) so that didn't help my outlook!
 
Last edited:
Keep elevating to help with that swelling and icing to help with the pain. I'm sorry you're having a rough patch right now. Things really are worse in the dead of night!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!


Just lovely! This is actually an improvement. My only concern is the pinkish white area at the "epicentre" on the medial side of knee. But it might actually just be non bruised skin!
 
I’m no expert and this is just a photo, but... it does look to be the same color as your foot. :thumb: The bruising can be quite alarming to look at if you’re not prepared for it. It looks like the leg suffered horrible violence, which in a sense it did. Just lovely! :bored:

The very last palm-sized patch of my bruising, on my right leg, finally went away this month. I have less than perfect circulation but I didn’t want a patchy leg, so I rubbed that spot vigorously every day for a whole year to make it vanish! Not something you should do in your current situation.
 
The very last palm-sized patch of my bruising, on my right leg, finally went away this month.
Wow, a whole year!! I am massaging the area very gently, just what feels good. My knee is twice its normal size, the skin feels so tight!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom