TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

members pic.jpg
I've been in a fibro flare the last few days since returning from my trip. I am convinced there is something in my house that triggers it, as I always feel better when I leave home. But anyway I haven't gone far from my recliner. Uploading a picture of my five weeks old surgical scar as I think it does look quite nice. BTW that red mark on my lower outer leg is from where I banged it so hard the day before surgery! It's left a scar!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks better than my 18 month old scar!

Nice neat scar Katchmo. Its it nice to have surgeons who can stitch and bodies that can heal

Thanks for the kind words about my scar. Lest you get to jealous, rest assured that poor Leftie is the ugly sister, wide and puffy and purple! :snork:

A couple of firsts this evening. I went out without my cane and did fine. I went to my daughter's volleyball game and I just sat in the bleachers with my foot down. I guess a week in the car with my foot basically down got me used to it! :driver:

Reactions: DLR
Hallelujah, I was finally able to have a comfortable night in bed! In fact I slept 10 hours! No more sleeping in the recliner for me.

Back to the recliner. :groan:As the day has gone on both of my knees have been hurting more and more to the point that tonight I am taking a pain pill, which I haven't done in quite awhile. I really took it easy today. The only thing I did differently is to sleep in my bed. I know when I sleep in the bed I move my legs more, so I am back in the recliner tonight. :bored:

@katchmo sorry to hear about the move back to the recliner..these knees are picky..I have said to my husband at times I feel like the story of the princess and the pea...smallest thing can send the knee into a hissy fit

I was back and forth from the bed to the recliner for a couple of months.

Hi everyone, I had my eight week check up last week and it went well. Knowing from last time that he wasn't going to get worked up about things made it pretty relaxed. My right knee is doing great, still only bends about 90 but overall ROM is improving every day so I am not worried about it. We spent more time talking about Leftie, who functions ok but hurts more and is weaker than Rightie. Leftie also clicks and pops a lot. He said he would wait two years to see what symptoms remain before possibly scoping to look at scar tissue etc. I'm good with that plan. My worst problem is sciatica but I've been going to the chiropractor and walking, which helps tremendously. Today was a gorgeous fall day so I went into town and did a walking trail in a pretty park and walked 1.33 miles. Sleep continue to be a problem because the sciatica is worse at night but last night I had the best sleep in bed that I have had since surgery. It felt so good!

I hope you’ll find that as you walk more and are more active in using your body, your muscles get stronger — including the back, hip, and abs — you have less of that sciatica pain. Stronger muscles keep things in place better. I’ve had so much less back pain (I never had sciatica pain, though) since my knees were replaced and I started walking daily. Between your walking and your chiropractor, maybe you can get to a better place with your back.

Sounds like your OS suspects you might have something going on with Leftie. I know surgeons like to let as much healing take place as possible before moving on to other options. As long as you aren’t in too much pain, or having trouble that disrupts your life, it makes sense to give him that time. The clicks and pops might not mean anything, but Leftie hurting can’t be good. :sad:

I’m so happy for you @katchmo. I’m 6 weeks post LTKR revision and I can hardly walk. I wish I could enjoy this beautiful fall weather we are having here in Maryland. It’ll be too cold soon to enjoy the outside. Go out enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member