TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

[Bonesmart.org] Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! I hope it doesn’t delay your surgery but you for sure need to let your surgeon or the hospital know about it. I just keep thinking of the pre-op instructions I received about not shaving my legs for 3 days before surgery so there would be no fresh nicks or cuts on the skin ...
 
Definitely show the surgeon or give them a call. I think most put patients on antibiotics the first day or so, but not sure what your surgeon’s procedure is.
 
I hope your scrape doesn't delay your surgery, but if it does just keep in mind that it's better to be safe. Also, what an excellent photo! I think I can see individual skin cells.
 
Well folks, I am on the other side. Already I am seeing a big difference from Lefty. I don't have that knife-like nerve pain under my knee cap and my quad isn't dead this time. OS didn't use a nerve block or anything, so what I am feeling now should be what it is. Hope so anyway. I was able to lift my leg up into the bed on my own with no issues. I couldn't do that with Lefty for a couple of months!! Oral oxy is controlling my pain very well, though I can have a morphine PCA if desired. I've taken two walks around the "block" and done well. I almost feel like I could go without a walker but I won't do that yet. All in all I am so pleased!
 
Yay, I’m glad surgery is over and things look so good already! :console2:
 
Oh, what did they say about that cut on your leg?
 
Oh, what did they say about that cut on your leg?
He took a look and thought it would be ok. I've got a good sized "goose egg" on my shin but the injury scraped my skin, didn't bleed much.
 
I’m glad it didn’t delay your surgery. Sounds like you’re doing great!! I know you are relieved to have both knees done now.
 
Congratulations! Glad that’s over with. Sounds like it went well! Did you have regional anesthesia without nerve block? Or a general?
 
Glad you made it to the other side and are doing so well! Wishing you the speediest of recoveries!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Doing a happy dance for your successful surgery. :happydance: It’s a great feeling having both bad knees replaced and on the road to an active new life.
 
Did you have regional anesthesia without nerve block? Or a general?
. I had sort of a combination . I had a spinal but also was put to sleep for the procedure. Referring to nerve block in the above post, I meant a block right in the knee.
 
I’m happy the scratch/bump didn’t delay surgery and that you’re doing so well!
 
Yay, your surgery wasn't delayed and that you are doing so well!
 
I had to attend a group PT session today in order to be cleared to go home. I had no trouble doing the exercises but uffda am I sore tonight ! I'm so glad I'm doing things the Bonesmart way and can ease into things!
 
@katchmo glad to see you are now on recovery road with knee #2! I’m positive this one will behave and go smoothly for you as you now know all the secret tricks!
 
Still doing well, down to taking 5mg oxy every four hours, got my phone alarm set, and it's providing good relief. I'm forcing myself to take it as easy as possible, even though I feel like I could do more. Glad I have the toilet seat and tray for my walker. They definitely are coming in handy.
 
Glad you are doing so well and that photo of you and your son dancing is just lovely.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom