TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

Today was a tougher day after yesterday's good day, but I was expecting the increased stiffness etc so it's not too bad. I only had one hard day in between two good days so we'll see if that continues. My sciatica has flared up again after spending the night in the recliner, so I just can't do that again. I need to figure something else out when hubby's snoring keeps me awake. I've moved my nest to the couch which works for hanging out but not sleeping. Bend is still 90-95, but overall stiffness seems to gradually be diminishing. Think positive, think positive!
 
Sorry you had a rough day. I have the same good days/bad days and it’s good to know we’ll keep getting better. Do you have another bedroom? My hubby and I sometimes sleep in separate rooms(he snores too, ugh). Great to hear about the improvement. Keep your chin up.
 
What would happen if you quit scrambling?

I'll tell you what happens because I have tried it! Hubby and daughter's clutter fills the place up at an astonishing rate. Son hides out in his room or doesn't come home at all because he can't stand the mess. Hubby brings home frozen fish and eggrolls and lasagna and seems to forget that I also need to eat (gluten free.) The dishes pile high in the sink and the counters cannot be seen. My daughter will break down and clean the kitchen when we run out of dishes. It's how it is and will not change at this point. I have a good dishwasher and the kids will wash the hand stuff if I keep at them. I do have them keep their stuff picked up. And I have people over because they WILL clean then ! :rofsign:
 
Do you have another bedroom?
Not at this point. I have an office I could put a cot in. I have a bigger air mattress but I'm not sure I could get up off the floor!
 
@katchmo, reading your response makes me glad I'm single and alone! What would happen if something happened to you. It sounds like everything would fall apart. What a shame your family relies on you being they maid and cook and chief dish washer. I bet they are not doing their share because they know that you will eventually do it for them. That makes it really rough on you. Try to rest as much as you can.
 
I hear ya. I got onto the floor today to stretch my legs and my hubby had to rescue me. I hate that you have to do it all. It isn’t right.
 
@katchmo They do have those really high air mattresses-we have one for visitors and they're high enough for me to sit on without any trouble.
My husband is a massive snorer-think jet airliner taking off all night long-so after years of going out to the couch to get some sleep when we had no empty bedrooms to sleep in, I kicked him out into his own bedroom as soon as the house emptied of the last of our six kids. It's still a bit hard being in the same house (since we have a small house now) when he snores, but I can survive it, whereas I couldn't back when he shared the bedroom. I'm less grouchy from interrupted sleep, and he doesn't get shaken and told to turn over and STOP SNORING all night long either.......:gaah::hairpulling::banghead::censored:
 
What a shame your family relies on you being they maid and cook and chief dish washer

It was only really hard when I was working on top of it all still with six kids and homeschooling. It's easier now. If I could go back and do some things differently as a young wife I definitely would! I had some misplaced theological ideas
 
What a shame your family relies on you being they maid and cook and chief dish washer

It was only really hard when I was working on top of it all still with six kids and homeschooling. It's easier now. If I could go back and do some things differently as a young wife I definitely would! I had some misplaced theological ideas

I have been guilty of letting my kids get by with things, too. I guess we all do at some point. You did the best you knew how to do. No one is perfect. Hugs...
 
reading your response makes me glad I'm single and alone!

@katchmo I understand where sistersinhim is coming from because I feel the same way sometimes. There is a downside to the alone part however, which is that sometimes its not fun to be alone. But I want to share what happened with my son last week - I know you will relate. Two weeks ago my son was out of town all week on business, and my daughter in law asked me to babysit one night, which was great fun. She also had me over for soup for dinner on another chilly night, which was also fun. Each night the girls (5 and 7) were lively and cute and fun, but the house was organized and things were pretty much in order.

The next week (last week) my daughter in law was out of town most of the week on business. My son asked me to babysit one night, and over for dinner another night. Can I tell you what that house looked like the week my son was in charge? Oh my gosh, think tornado roaring through. Towels and hair dryer in the living room, cereal dishes with soggy cereal from breakfast, hair bands, brushes, band aid wrappers, dirty dishes unrinsed stacked in the sink. All I could do was laugh. I am serious - I just laughed. The contrast between the two weeks was just hilarious. And I couldn't help myself, I rolled up my sleeves and got to work straightening out the mess. I know you understand. The difference with my situation of course is I got in the car and drove to my peaceful, neat and tidy apartment after dinner, where no one was snoring. But I have to tell you it was nice to be needed - and my son was so grateful. Who can beat that, right? And also, I am what, 14 years older than you? So its my time to be peaceful, etc., whereas you still have young ones coming and going at your house. It will get quiet for you eventually too.

But, dear katchmo, please try to get as much rest as you can. It is really, really important for your recovery. Sending a hug.
 
Mr. Shoes can snore badly sometimes, but a sharp jab with my elbow usually gets him to stop. I was the problem during my recovery because sleeping on my back instead of my side turned me into a snorer. There’s no winning formula for post-TKR sleep, alas.

The good news is we all get back to daily activities pretty quickly. If we can get someone else to do the shopping, or have things delivered, we’re pretty self-sufficient. Getting someone to do the cleaning helps a lot, too!
 
@Mutti3 My husband had the home test for one night-and didn't snore that one night so his doctor said he was fine. I've told him one night isn't enough of a test, esp since he had a rare non-snoring night that night, but he's one of those men who rarely sees his doctor so I haven't been able to get him to go back for his snoring. We've all told him he snores horribly, and I've told him I think he may have apnea as I've heard his strange breathing and snoring, but he thinks we're over reacting.....lol.
 
I discovered my husband snores badly on our wedding night. My father snored and I swore I would not marry a snorer. He told me he didn't snore. The night before our wedding he slept in the basement of my cousin's house and she told me the next morning she could hear him all the way upstairs. I thought she was joking. Found out that night she wasn't! He was 170 pounds of muscle at that time and weighs even less now and refuses to believe it's really a problem. :hairpulling:
 
His snoring isn't a problem for him! :heehee: We also finally had a sunny day, but the wind is coming out of the north, so it was too cold to stay out too long. I'm glad you got to enjoy the wonderful weather! Vitamin D is good for your bones, especially the natural kind!
 
I talked to a lady today whose husband had a tkr by the same surgeon as me and had his PT at the same practice I did. She said at his very first visit, the PT had him lie on his back, she bent his knee towards his head and then PUT HER BACK ON HIS FOOT AND PUSHED!!!!He felt a pop and it hurt terribly. He ended up needing surgery a few months later for a maltracking patella and she believes it happened at that visit. I feel like I dodged a bullet because I was supposed to go to another PT but they never called me, so by the time I went to the other, which shares an office with my surgeon, I already was introduced to bonesmart and knew to tell them not to push me. I wouldn't have been prepared for that if I had gone there just a few days post op like they wanted me to.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom