TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

I had my second knee done Feb 6th ... and I was at 90 in the hospital and the next week when I went to therapy I was only in the low 80s ... I think its because we are drugged up in the hospital that it doesn't hurt ...
This second knee is faring much better than my first one... it took forever (exaggeration) for me to get decent ROM. This one is progressing much better. You can't compare yourself to anyone else. Everyones body reacts differently ... even each Knee is different. I had much less pain with the second knee and less swelling.
Hang in there!
 
Hello @Naptown knee , and welcome back.

I found a thread of yours from 2012, when you had your first knee replaced.
Would you like to start a thread for this TKR, so we can talk to you about it?
 
So this is happening here today. Won't be walking outside for a day or two.

[Bonesmart.org] Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!
 
Well, it’s almost April. It’s got to warm up soon!
:snow plough:
 
BRR....! Today is certainly an inside day for you.
 
BRR....! Today is certainly an inside day for you.
Yes it got down to single digits last night and is currently about 15F. I'm missing my son's lacrosse games. They play no matter the weather.
 
That is definitely a big BRRR...! Your son understands why you aren't there. You are much better off at home and out of that weather!
 
Today's victory: I put my underwear and pants on standing up! I was able to keep my left leg lifted to put my foot in and pull things up and was able to balance on my left leg while doing the right, and I only lost my balance for a second. :loveshwr:
 
You go, girl!!! :spin:

You should have seen me trying to put my bathing suit on at 4 weeks post op for that one fateful pool therapy. You know how tight bathing suits are. I finally had to put the bathing suit on the floor with the leg openings ready for me to step into. At least I was home. It was warm enough outside that I put my suit on at home and not in the locker room at the YMCA.

I guess it’s kind of funny now, but it wasn’t then. And I didn’t even want to go, so I was extra frustrated.
. :blackcloud:
 
trying to put my bathing suit on at 4 weeks post op for that one fateful pool
At 4 weeks my quad was still dead so I couldn't make my leg do anything. You were brave!
 
Not brave. Obediently going to a PT pool session that I didn’t want to go to.
 
We didn’t know any better. But we do now, thanks to Bonesmart! :loveshwr:
 
Latest victory: Yesterday for Easter Sunday, I left the house at 8:30AM and did not return till 7:00 PM, on my feet from 11:00-12:30 helping get potluck food ready, and all that time only able to elevate for 30 awkward minutes on a folding chair, and I tolerated it all pretty well. I'm quite swollen today but it was worth it.
 
Yippee! Another huge step achieved yesterday! What a blessing!
 
Ok, I am sitting here in shock....happy shock! I finally had my "six weeks" follow up (at 12 weeks, lol) and was so sure it would be very negative. I have not actually seen the surgeon, just the PA up to this point, and the PA was the one who was so worried about quad function that he sent me for a nerve conductivity study, which I didn't complete. He also told me that at three months my flexion would be what it was going to be so I needed to work hard in PT. So my flexion has not changed a whole lot since about five weeks. On a good day I can push to 105 but today was not a good day. I worked out in the pool yesterday and was stiff and sore today. The surgeon just came in, asked me how I was doing, asked me to show him flexion and extension. He was very happy with my extension and actually said he worries more about that at this point but that mine looked really good. He didn't measure anything or touch me. I could only flex to about 90-100, but he just said, " Actually, that looks pretty good to me!" He asked me if I saw benefit yet, and I had to say no. He said, "That's very common with my younger and more active patients. It takes a lot longer to get back to normal, but you will get there. " No forced measuring, no questions about PT, no threat of MUA. I just can't believe it! He said he would like to see me in three months but if I'm doing well I can cancel the appointment. I'm so relieved I could cry! :yes!::yay::egypdance:
 
Oh I would love to have had your surgeon!!!

(definitely not your PA! I wonder if the surgeon knows what that PA is telling patients.)

What an awesome appointment! Now you can confidently relax and let nature takes its course from here on! I’m so happy for you!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom