TKR kar's new knee: a love story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done - hope you don't mind that I edited it a bit.
 
Josephine looks great ..ok I am being a nudge why does it say partial kr is that something I might of changed somehow .. your a great editor :kittykiss:
 
Hi kar1963. Don't rush it. Two months is really early in your recovery. Rest is the best for now. Hind sight is 20/20. I have two months on you. Please don't do the things I have done. :beg: I did too much too quickly. :yikes:

I wish I could have gotten my knee straight in 8 weeks. :beg: It took me 11 weeks. I was so envious of the people who got to 0 so quickly. I tried and tried.:headbang::headbang::headbang: I think I pushed myself too hard in that area. :doh: I iced and elevated more than you. I was so tired of the swelling. :groan: What am I talking about??? :shrug: I am still tired of the swelling, but I do have good ROM. I chalk the ROM to resting, ice and elevation, Some pushing, but who is counting? Bionic woman2 I know! Liar, liar pants on fire. I did do lots of elevating and icing. The rest part...:sos:

I hope you continue to progress well. Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Mum's the word daughter stalker :skep: lol

So Kar you feel asleep in the hot tub? :scratch: I'm laughing with you. I can see that happening to me too... if I had a hot tub and if I could get in and out of it.:umm: How do you manage that?

You are still pretty early on in your recovery so relaxxxxxx mama, At least you can straighten your leg right??? So if push comes to shove, we can put you down for the March of the Wooden Soldiers number in our Flash Mob.:rotfl:

Hoping you have a Kneeeasy night. :sleep:
 
Hahaha you should seen the entry into the hot tub . It was not pretty nor graceful and thank gawd for my husband and his strong arms , we figured a better way in that does not include mooning the neighbors.I have discovered that I am not elevating or shall I say was not elevating my knee high enough, i went a wee bit higher the swelling went down a lot more.I am in for the March of the wooden soldiers but once this chick gets her knee to bending I am full flash mob, dance fever ,Saturday night fever dancing. I was wondering and looking for ideas.. I would like to get my therapist a little thank you gift , I know it is their job but I want to let her know how grateful I am for the job she does so well. I was thinking of sending a fruit basket you known the ones they make to look like flowers and that way it is more for all of them in pt dept. It is a smallish dept 3 therapists 2 assistants but they all interact with you in some form during your sessions.. is that a good idea. I am cheesy like that ,when I had my surgery I had brought with me little thank you gifts for the nurses and aides that would and did help me , it was not much just little nurses rule buttons and little cute things like that. daughter stalker and Bionic woman2 you make me smile and laugh ..thanks
 
Hi kar1963, daughter stalker and Bionic woman2

You guys have been cracking me up with all of the mooning, flash mobbing and stories. Please count me in!!! Sorry Kar that you had to deal with the jerk at the restaurant. I'd say send the thank you to that manager for sending him on his way. I'm a little weird that way and very proud to show off my scars now so I'd probably have decked him myself :SUNsmile: :spin: :tantrum:

I had both knees done and my right lagged behind the left for almost 9 weeks and it took awhile to get to the magic "90" mark. Once I was able to take ibuprofen post blood thinners, my range made bigger gains on that side. I used the walker for 8 weeks and began driving around 9. Can't imagine two weeks..... No wonder you are the PREZ daughter stalker!! I am good around town, but tried an hour both ways along with a work meeting and was once again right behind Daughter Stalker and BW2 in ODIC. Took two long days to recover from that. Definitely made me decide to stay part time through the end of the month and stay closer to home.

Just keep working at it and the range will come - there are several threads with folks showing gains even two years out.

What I'd like to know is how you get in the "information" club - if I'm understanding correctly, that is one of my favorite activities :cheers:

Keep on keeping it light :happydance:
Stacie
 
Hi kar1963! I could only imagine what it would take to get into my spa even now! :rotfl: I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at a restaurant. I had a good experience at 4 weeks at a restaurant. I can't believe that someone would say something like that. It doesn't sound like that person had any couth.

Nomorepain67 I am a nut! What else can I say. :shrug: I believe that I am ADD or ADHD also. :heehee: It doesn't mix well with TKR. :rolleyes:

Time to get stinky into the shower! I have a big day at work today! :doh:

Have a great day!:flwrysmile:
 
What I'd like to know is how you get in the "information" club - if I'm understanding correctly, that is one of my favorite activities

Did somebody say INFORMATION? :cheers2:Hear Hear! :cheers2:


Stacie, you should be receiving your card in the mail shortly. :martini: :martini:

Hi Kar, just passing through...... :bicycle2:
 
I would like to get my therapist a little thank you gift

I think the fruit basket sounds like great idea.

Tomorrow's my in-home P/T's last visit. I'm so gonna miss her. She's caring, got my sense of humor, and has a Bonesmart philosophy. I want to make her some of my Triple Chocolate Cupcakes, but it all depends on my knees. They are one of the easiest of my goodies to make, since I don't have to make frosting, just a quick ganache. We'll see... I plan on sitting down for most of it. I'm gonna make my OS some when I go for my 6 week post-op or maybe I'll wait will 12 weeks for them because I'll be baking for the holidays anyway and further along the road to recovery.


I am in for the March of the wooden soldiers but once this chick gets her knee to bending I am full flash mob, dance fever ,Saturday night fever dancing.

Get your "night fever" moves together girl, because we WILL break it down without breaking anything. :egypdance:

I'm going to walk into the kitchen and see how my knees are doing. The trip to the grocery store had me doing my "Dawn of the Dead" walk, when I got home.... Cuz, This is THRILLER! :rotfl:
 
Bionic woman2 love the thriller walk reference now i can't get the song out of my head . I gave my at home pt peeps home made cookies ,I stayed at my 88 year old mom's house post hospital so my hubby could go to Switzerland and not worry about me. My mom loved my home therapists so much she insisted on making them cookies, she is a young 88. I watched my 3year old niece today the one who heckles me while I do my home exercises, she likes to look at squiggle my scar and today she wanted to paint it so it looked like a snake. I spoil her rotten but drew the line at that request. She did ask me if is was going to go trick or treating with her an her sisters and I asked her if I could ride in the wagon with them, she told.me.no because I would squish them..nice

I was wondering is putting heat aka a heating pad on my knee ok.. I ice like.crazy but still have that tight band feeling. I thought both ice and heat might help . I don't remember reading anything one way or the other in the info links .. @josphine what do you think

Have a great night all I am off to watch my Detroit Tigers hopefully beat the red socks
 
Love your Niece's logic. Too cute. Challenge her to come up with a costume for you that includes transport! :giggle: I miss my kindergarten babies... 6 1/2 more weeks. :happydance:

I decided against making the cupcakes tonight. :yawn: Maybe if I wake up early enough I can make them before she gets here. I need your mother right about now. :yes:

Enjoy the game... GOOD LUCK!
 
Just a bad day today.. I am trying so hard not to get bummed or worried about my bend or lack there of.the dreaded word mua came up today with my is, he was not saying I need one but just wanted to let me know a out it. Of course in my mind now I am thinking he is just prepping me , I told him about bonesmart and he knew about the site and said it was a great place for info etc.. I do not want an mua if I can avoid it. Pt hurt today but I think it was more my mood .. so I was wondering does anyone that had a mua have any advice or tips. When do I know I need one and what does the os do to see that you need one. I am going back to read the info links .. I am really worried that my bend seems stuck
 
Ooooooooo was I mad today. We went out to eat after pt and I was wearing shorts, some Neanderthal sitting at the bar decided to yell and yes he yelled oh my God look at her leg...then told me I should wear pants. My husband nicely told stupid man that I had surgery ... he told my husband that I should not go out in public with my scar showing, well I thought for sure my husband was going to wallop him good but I told him to just ignore the dork. We sat down and a few people around us said how sorry they were that the guy was a jerk. He made a couple.more remarks and we got up to leave and the manager and by told us to sit down and then asked the jerk to leave. When he got up to leave I swear about 30people clapped and one older lady pointed at him and yelled oh my God look at this jerk walking out he should not go out in public until he learns some manners. The people around us made me feel so good....nice to know that jerks sometimes end up with a pie in the face.
Great story.

Reminds me of one I heard of on an aircraft.

Passenger about to sit down, notices that the person who would be next to him is black.

"Stewardess, I can't sit here" he said.
"Sir, this is your place and there are no others in this section" she said.
"No one," he said, "should have to sit next to someone unacceptable."
"Yes sir," she said "you are quite correct."
"Well do you have another seat available?" he said.
"Yes sir," she said, "I am sure I can find one in First Class."
"That will do fine," he said.
"Yes sir," she said and, turning to the black passenger, "please step this way, sir."
 
Did someone say beat the "RED SOX"...... I don't think so....you are giving us a run for the money.....
But, we're headed for the world Series :yahoo: :yahoo:
Your pitching has been great though.
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June if we keep playing like last night I agree but not ready to roll just yet. We need our bats back and the high price players to start showing why they make the bucks.. if the red go I will cheer them on
BionicWoman2 I was having a woe I me day .. I am cussing at my knee as I type bend bend bend ..it is not listening to me and I think if it could it would stick it's tongue out a me. The dreaded mua came up but just as a topic not a.plan .. I need to get bending so I am a key player in all flash mobs lol
 
Dear Kar,
You love cats & baseball, we are going to get along just fine :ok:
Please don't yell at your knee :beg: you must baby your knee, talk to it
Elevate it, medicate it, ice it :yes:
Big game tomorrow, back in "Boston" GO BOSOX !!!!!!!! :yahoo:
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Yes you are, I have you front and center in the production doing the "Night Fever" dance. :egypdance: :egypdance: The good news is, you have till 2015. Don't sweat the MUA, you still have time to gain bend. It just takes forever. :tantrum: My right knee is 4 months old today, I have bend but it still stiffens up all the time, especially when I wake up in the morning. I'm like WHEN WILL GROUND HOG DAY "The movie" BE OVER WITH? :gaah: Things are definitely better than in the beginning, but I'm nowhere near healed. So we wait........ :umm:
 
new knee in June......well the Sox sure handed us a beating last night. We played so bad .... congrats on heading to the world series ... go red Sox
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom