TKR kar's new knee: a love story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well got the all clear to go back to work monday i have mixed feelings but it had to come. Last pt will be dec 23 and then it is on me to keep the bend alive. I still have that tight band feeling but the band is getting smaller. Steps still are the hardest for me but this too shall pass. I think the break from pt will be good and i cant wait for water aerobic s to start up.
 
Had my first day back to work today and boy am i beat. I had mornin pt then my hour and a half commute and then i got to unpack 11crates from my old office ..whew.. knee held up pretty good , it got stiff around 2 pm i need to remind myself to get up and walk a little every hour until the stiffness goes away. I am sore tonight but ice and elevate is helping. I am trying to think of other ways to excersize my knee at work beside just walking...any ideas..i work in a cubicle but have ample room. I do need to remember my ice packs for tomorrow now need to figure how to keep it on my knee maybe a ace bandage just while i have it on. Elevating at work is not working there is really no place i can do it... we got hit with about 9inches of snow and boy am i being careful..

I hope everyone is doing well ..i am loving my knee more and more each day and it is so much better now that i am not obsessed with my flex numbers. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season
 
Thought i would write.. i am done pt measured 105 and -3 and am i happy . I still have some work to do on the flex but it will come in due time. Steps and sitting for long periods are still my biggest challenge but i keep on trying. The holidays brought on some swelling and pain but nothing ice and elevate did not help.. this is been a long road.. i hope everyone had a nice holiday and wishing you happy knee year
 
[Bonesmart.org] kar's new knee: a love story
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] kar's new knee: a love story
bottomshollow
 
Well it happened... good ole man winter had his way with my new parts today. I was walking ever so carefully to my car after work and down i went. I kinda did a sideways butt first fireman roll pushup knee bend lol.. i was terrified, lucky i was walking with a couple co workers who did not find my creative cussing to offensive. My knee took a pretty good pop on the frozen tundra and bent wayyyyy back , i was so scared to stand up so i sat in the cold ice yes yes shed some tears . I got up slowly and checked things out .. my knee is painful about a 3 i drove home took me two hours due to the lovely michigan weather so by the time i got home i was a soild 5.. i took two hydrocodone and am icing and elevating, the knee is bending ok no odd feelings or diffrent clunks so i think i dodged a bullet. I 2
 
I seem to be talking to myself lol.. i hate winter, had another spill today. My knee is being tested for sure
 
[Bonesmart.org] kar's new knee: a love story
ALLOWED, @kar1063, or didn't you get the memo? Those falls are always so scary when they're happening and right after as you try to decide if you're going to be alright. But two days in a row!!!!:yikes: You must be much more careful. I am not too fond of winter either---and here we get little or no snow---but I don't like the cold and the wind or the gray dreary days.

Take care & keep us posted. And please remember
[Bonesmart.org] kar's new knee: a love story
We care!
 
So sorry about the falls. Please be careful. I don't know what I would do if I had to contend with snow and ice. I couldn't even walk on ice without falling when I was younger. Take care of yourself!
 
@Josephine i have a question.. i was wondering how long could you take Tylenol before it becomes a risk to your liver. I am off the hydrocodone but take one Tylenol pm at night for sleep and the wee bit of knee pain . I have been doing this for about a month now and i was wondering about the liver health issue.
 
You can take up to 4,000mg per 24hrs for several weeks at which point it's probably a fair idea to have a liver function test. In the UK, people take it for years and never have a problem so long as they don't exceed the max. If you're only taking 1,000mg once or twice a day, you could probably do that for ages and not have a problem.

Do make sure though, that if you take additional medications like cold remedies that might have acetaminophen in the recipe, you remember to add that to your daily intake.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom