Guest viewing is limited

TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

It's not a bad idea to get the ok for supplements from your GP if you're doing more than a multivitamin.
 
@metalheart
I have the tens 7000. About $35 on Amazon. I also purchased the blood builder there. The main ingredient is beet root. I haven't noticed any side effects, and I haven't had my iron levels checked since surgery either.
Best wishes,
Karen
 
@Blendab1 ,
Hi Brenda, The bike ride is 30 minutes, about 4 miles. This is what I did pre-surgery to build up my quads.
When you try the bike in PT, just put the seat back as far as you can and first just rock the pedals back and forth.
I was able to pedal backwards first. For some reason, it's easier. Don't get discouraged if you can't make it all the way around the first time. It usually takes a few tries.
You are almost 3 weeks now! It sounds like you are having a good recovery.
Welcome home to Fenway :puppysmooze: !!
 
Post-Op Week 10 March 31, 2015
I'm into my third week back at work and doing well. The knee aches in the morning for a few hours, but I ice it at work and manage the pain mostly with tylenol/ibuprofen.
I still take a 5/325 percoset once in awhile if I overdo it.
I started riding my bike every day after work and it feels soooo good!
Tomorrow, I will return to PT for the first time since returning to work.
I'm mostly curious to see what my ROM is now. I'm hoping it is over 120.
I think I was able to get to 118 previously.
If my ROM is good, I'll discontinue PT.
Wish me luck!
Best Regards,
Karen
 
Most people find that the exercise provided by everyday life when you go back to work is sufficient and they frequently drop PT at that stage.
Best wishes for your ROM, but don't forget that its's still early days in terms of your recovery and the ROM can continue to improve.
 
Good luck at PT! I hope you get the news you want to hear and can stop going. You are doing amazing!!


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Great report Karen. Fingers crossed for the ROM measurements. Go girl. Maggie x
 
Riding your bike everyday after work is AWESOME!! Will be interesting to see how that's effected your ROM, can't help but have improved it, I'm sure. Totally agree that if you are able to work all day and still ride every afternoon you don't need formal PT anymore, you got this.`
 
Hi Ladies,
Thanks so much for the encouraging words and support throughout my journey.
Wishing you all the best!
Karen
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Post-Op Week 10 March 31, 2015
I'm into my third week back at work and doing well. The knee aches in the morning for a few hours, but I ice it at work and manage the pain mostly with tylenol/ibuprofen.
I still take a 5/325 percoset once in awhile if I overdo it.
I started riding my bike every day after work and it feels soooo good!
Tomorrow, I will return to PT for the first time since returning to work.
I'm mostly curious to see what my ROM is now. I'm hoping it is over 120.
I think I was able to get to 118 previously.
If my ROM is good, I'll discontinue PT.
Wish me luck!
Best Regards,
Karen
I am so proud of you! You don't need luck - you're a rock star at this!
 
Hi all,
Well I just finished PT, in fact I am still here icing.
Disappointed because I barely eeked out 120.
Of course, at the end of the work day, the knee is tired and swollen...
Since returning to work and the real world, I haven't run into anything I couldn't do with the new knee.
She wants me to come back next week and I probably will...
Well, it's been a long day and I'm starving!
Will check back later!
 
Karen i think 120 at the end of a work day is great. Do not beat yourself up...crazy girl You are doing fantastically well. I applaud you. Its function thats the key, not some number. Take a chill pill girlfriend and pat yourself on the back. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Thanks Maggie,
I really thought I'd get to 120 without pushing it.
I found this video on wall slides and I'm going to work on these this week.

I think the key is holding the stretch.
I also did one yesterday where I was laying face down with a strap around my ankle. I would use the strap to bend the knee and hold it.
I am happy with my progress and the new knee has done everything I've asked it to!
G'day!
Karen
 
Karen, thank you for the video and you are doing awesome! I have to return to work in a little over two weeks and I'm so scared as I still can't sit comfortably for a long duration. Good luck with your PT, I'm going to try that heel slide on the wall today.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
@Blendab1 ,
Hi Brenda,
Luckily, I've had no problem sitting and I do alot of that between being at a desk and driving.
At least you're phasing in your return to work. I wish I had done that!
Best Wishes,
Karen
 
I think 120 at the end of a work day sounds great!! You know it's got to be at it's worst at that point. Did you make your appointment for next week earlier in the day? THANK YOU for the video - off to give that second one a shot, I had not been doing that and now's about as good a time as I am every going to get!
 
@TexasTee
I have to go after work, so it's a 6pm appt.
So glad to hear your MUA was a success! I know you'll make good use of that added ROM!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom