Guest viewing is limited

TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

LOL! Add me to the Anemic Club! Just found out the other day while I was in the hospital. The Hospitalist Doctor just happened to mention it out of the clear blue. HE said I've been anemic for quite some time. I replied that it was news to me. Still, even @ this most recent discharge, not one nurse or doctor warned me about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there - I've taken iron pills the last 2 days... I think I will take them on alternate days to allay the "digestive" issues- definitely do not want those back!!

welcome to our little iron deficient group @MotownGirl66
 
Unfortunately, it runs in my family. My mother, some of my siblings, my daughter AND my grandson are anemic. I really should take iron supplements, especially now, I guess!
 
Yes you should @September zen.

@kaw205 How was week 2 back at work Karen? Hope it was easier than last week. Have a restful weekend. Maggie x
 
@Maggie94
(((Maggie))),
Week 2 was better. Almost 4pm here and waiting to go home. Have an Ice pack on the knee.
Always sore at the beginning and end of the day.
How have you been? I follow all the threads, but posting less since work cuts into my day, LOL!
Happy Weekend :dancy:,
Karen
 
@kaw205 That's great news Karen. Sitting at desk with ice on, love it Treat your knee to a massage ,only need a couple of minutes, on waking and at the end of the day. Frees things up, feels good and is also a good way to put hand creme on...LOL
 
thanks @Maggie94 and @TexasTee ,
I came home and took a whirlpool bath and now icing with TENS unit.
Plan on starting to ride my bike this weekend. We have a "cool front" moving through and it should be a beautiful weekend here.
Teresa, are you back to work this Monday?
 
Our old tkr friend the stool softener is your friend with iron supplements as well.
 
Fantastic Karen. That is a mega WIN in getting your life back. Maggie x
 
@Maggie94 ,
Thanks so much. Your positive attitude has been an inspiration to me. I couldn't imagine having "twins"!
You are amazing! :dancy:
 
Thanks for that uplift Karen....big grin for me
In our own ways we are all amazing. Our battles are faced and won and we move on along the recovery path. Keep strong. U R AMAZING. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
A huge love fest - I think you're both amazing :) Congrats on the ride Karen!! You got this :biking:

I think you already know but due to the upcoming MUA I'm out for another 4 weeks. I've never been such a slacker in my LIFE! I feel like this needs to be about me though and get fully well and healthy and then go back and fully engage at work. That's my plan, anyway.
 
@TexasTee ,
Oh, I'm jealous of the 4 more weeks, but you're young and very active and you deserve to be 100%!
I hope you have a great outcome and I'll be thinking about you on Tues.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Karen! Too funny - the extra 4 weeks was the worst part, for some reason I thought it would only delay things for a week or so. Apparently I'm a bit delusional at the best of times :)
 
I saw your comment above about the Blood Builder product and I am going to give that a try. I think the TENS unit is a good idea too: which one do you use?
 
Hi Karen!

Glad to hear week two was easier, you give me hope for when I return in three weeks, although I'm starting off part time.

Woohoo on the bike ride!!! That is amazing, how long of a ride was it? I have to say the thought of the bike at PT next week has me nervous based on where I am today.

Have a fabulous Sunday!


Brenda aka Bionic B
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom