TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

@MotownGirl66 ,
By Friday I was wiped out! Next week, I'll take some ice packs with me and wear a compression sleeve on the knee. Wearing long pants bothered the scar.
Ready for Monday?
 
Xxx Hope you are doing well in recovery.


Paints bother my knee to. I have found that like soft paints don't seem to bother me. But we are all different. I try to wear some panty hoes but that was not a great idea.

Xxxx angel



SonnysGal
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had partial knee on dec 1. Would been 12 weeks post opp so sad. Cause had to have revision/conversation. Cause at lfirst 2 weeks in December start pop when I move it. And 2 weeks before March started walking good and hardly no pain. And then one day start walk and knee like threw me forward. Went to surgen. And had X-rays. And well March 2 had to get it fixed. So it's been almost a month. And ouch ouch.


Best of luck. Just nosing around in post.



SonnysGal
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Angel1978 ,
I've been following your journey from the beginning and you've had quite a time of it!
I hope that every day will get better for you now.
Best Regards,
Karen
 
Thanks @kaw205. I know it's been a wreck. But think I'm doing better. Just want the bend to come. And want to be able to lay leg flat on the bed. Just worries me.



SonnysGal
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@kaw205 I can imagine you were completely drained of energy. A compression sleeve is a great idea! My scar is still sensitive, too. I am ready for Monday....as ready as I can be, but still so dreading it. I went back through my Calendar last night and was looking at my activities and I said to George, "Holy ****! I was so busy in the weeks preceding my surgery! No wonder I didn't get any rest!." I was refinancing a condo I own, Michael had been hit by the car, I had allergy shot appointments, my own PT to go to, my son's PT to take him to, a funeral we attended, plus I went to work three weeks after my surgery for two days to finalize my retirement paperwork, I had to qualify with my handgun at the Gun Range, drove to the next County north to get my CCW permit, a BUNCH of running around! Hopefully this time around, it will be a more therapeutic recovery.
 
Hi Karen - interesting about the scar - mine doesn't seem to mind pants but it does still swell up at times and makes me look like my skinny jeans swallowed a melon! I will toss one of my tattoo teds in my briefcase in case I need a bail out. In one more week I'll likely be wearing dresses mostly anyway, it's usually in the 80s here by April.

Good luck tomorrow @MotownGirl66
 
Post-Op week 9 March 24, 2015
Well, I made it through my first week of work with no real problems aside from fatigue.
What I did notice was that I kept anticipating the pain I had pre-surgery like when first standing, stairs, getting out of a vehicle. All gone now!
I still have swelling at the end of the day and pain when I get up in the morning, but that's to be expected at this stage of recovery.
My goal now is to get back on my bike and build up the quads. This should help with the morning pain, and ice is still my best friend!
 
Great report! Kudos! :)

I go back to work in two weeks which will put me at about 11 weeks post-op. I'm a little nervous about it, truth be told. I'll still be using the cane because the other knee won't be replaced until January of next year and I travel by public transit...but I think I can handle it!
 
@SeptemberZen ,
You should be fine at 11 weeks. I need my other knee done too, but since my LTKR, the right knee is feeling much better! I was planning on Jan, 2016 too, but we'll see.....
 
Great report Karen! I didn't realize you had to do the other one, too. No fun.

I do have arthritis in my left knee but she still has several years left in her, especially since I can now be more active and keep my quads strong. My goal is to lose the weight (10lbs) I put on in the 6 months leading up to surgery and keep it off and keep the rest of my original parts as long as I possibly can! When the time comes, I won't live with the pain as long as I did with the first one but if I can manage avoidance by diet and exercise, I most certainly will!
 
Karen, that's the thing I keep noticing--that I don't have to do all my little adjustments to live normally, move around normally. I found that the better my left knee felt, the more I looked forward to the right, and it is unbelievably wonderful to be on the other side with two strong, healthy knees.
 
WOW @kaw205 & @ September zen you sound like you are lining up to be knee sisters next January....that would be great
Karen how is week 2 back at work going? I love that you are noticing no pain where it used to be. Cheers Maggie x
 
Excellent report Karen! I have to go back to work at six weeks but I'm only going to work four hours a day for the first week, six hours the second week, the resume eight hours after that. You inspire me to know that I can do it and it may be tough but there's a great light at the end of this tunnel!


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Hi @Blendab1 ,
I wish I had started back part time like you.
Some people have low iron levels after surgery causing fatigue.
I take a product called Blood Builder which raises iron levels.
I still get tired though...
Hope Fenway comes home soon!
 
My iron count is not up to normal...I opted to eat more red meat but having read your post i think i will get a suppliment today and see if that helps my sluggish stamina.

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
I'm anemic as well. That's actually why I didn't have a bilateral -- the surgeon felt it was too risky. I should take iron supplements but I haven't in years. I'm not good at remembering to take pills -- well, except for pain pills!
 
I'm intrigued by the anemia discussion--my surgeon insisted upon iron supplements for several weeks after surgery both times. I disliked taking them because of the increase in digestive problems, but I followed protocol.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom