TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

Ha! Yes, actually I do but my company also just got sold to another company so I feel like I'm missing everything!
 
@TexasTee Oh that stinks then...I can remember those feelings. The uncertainty of what you're going back to, etc.....When are you expected back in the office?
 
I'm not worried about my job, actually - perhaps I should be but I get calls all the time for other roles, I just hate to miss the "fun" parts. I'm a weirdo. Both companies are over 20,000 employees globally - I'll be back long before they even think about doing anything with people at my level.
 
I'm loving the return to work, although I am at home. It just feels great to get back to routines, doing the work I actually do love. Still have cabin fever, but the weather is supposed to finally break tomorrow and maybe I can finally drive!

Great report, Karen. Not long now! Are you glad?

@MotownGirl66, I'm six weeks yesterday and I could probably manage travel like that now with lots of rest. You'll be fine at ten weeks! Just remember, every knee is different, so just let the new knee guide you, not anything else. It is easier in a lot of ways the second time around--you know so much more and it's not all so mystifying. You got this.
 
I'm not looking foreward to the "work" aspect of work, but I do miss the human interaction. There are only so many conversations you can have with the dogs :puppysmooze: !
Being off so long also made me think about what will I do with my time when I retire (in 4.5 years). Most of my friends will still be working. I guess I could join the purple hat ladies! LOL
@MotownGirl66 , your motorhome sounds fabulous! Will you be towing a car behind?
 
Karen I have been retired for 4years....believe me you soon learn to fill your day
 
Funny - me too! My husband and I are thinking of retiring pretty early - like 50 - and opening a business, we just can't agree on which one yet.
 
OK folks, huge breakthrough today at PT. Got my ROM to 119. I will admit it was not done the BS way, but I'm glad to finally see some movement in the right direction! :spin:
@TexasTee , Great if you can retire young and then be your own boss. Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life!
 
@metalheart ,
You're so right about the bike. That's what I used for pre-hab and I think it helped a lot with my recovery.
How are you doing?
 
@metalheart ,
You're so right about the bike. That's what I used for pre-hab and I think it helped a lot with my recovery.
How are you doing?

I cycled regularly before surgery, including about 50 miles the day before just to remind me of why I needed the surgery! If nothing else, it helped me to feel as if I was strong going into surgery and that helped. Recovery for me has been steady with a few ups and downs, but overall I am pleased. My ROM varies quite a bit, but I think that will settle down over time.

Your recovery seems to be going very well and I am sure you will be back cycling soon!
 
Hey Karen - is the weather too yucky to try out your bike? After all this recovery using the road bike on a trainer, I woke up yesterday and ordered a recumbent stationary bike! I need to work on my endurance and I cannot do that on the road bike seat, I get that other people manage it but if it isn't going anywhere, I see no reason to subject my backside to it!
 
The weather is OK, I'm just a little nervous!
I have a recumbent bike and it's very comfortable. I switched out the seat on my road bike to a nice comfy gel seat.
Also, I've been doing way too much on-line shopping, LOL
OK, time to bite the bullet-going to try out the bike. Wish me luck!
 
OK, just went for a test ride on the bike and it went OK. Knee was stiff until I got through a few rotations, but then ok.
I just have to be really careful getting on/off because I have the seat higher than normal to accomodate the new knee.:bicycle1:
 
Congrats on getting outside and on your bike! I remember the first few rotations I was stiff, then it lets loose. I am a big online shopper, too. Love free shipping and not paying sales tax. So glad to hear your range of motion is increasing.
@TexasTee The recumbent bike sounds awesome. Wish I had the room for one.
@Awriterafoot Love your posture attitude. You're right! I can do this!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom