THR Just new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audball.....did you go to yorkhill hospital when you were a kid....that's where I went up until I was 16.
 
Think I was Stobhill hospital. I'll need to ask my maw. Lol. Then feet operation in Royal infirmary.
 
Greetings Mollyb! Sorry you're having a tough recovery... and sleep is being elusive! A liitle sleep aid sounds like just what you needed... I've become a fan of a benedril at bedtime... keeps me snoozing till about 5am. How did you make out with your drive to visit the cows? I'm at 4 weeks ~ both hips and not driving yet... feeling like a captive sometimes! :groan:Hang in there and let us know how you're doing!
 
Audball.think its about 25 miles or so....neverr been in coatbridge but go up to city now and then for shopping and stuff. My nephew studies at glasgow uni aswell . Yorkhill was closest to us for paediatric care and hip surgery specialist.....I think my mam told me that I was the first op of my kind the surgeon had performed...not sure for fact though. If so I was a guinea pig .....well not to bad it lasted for 39 years .
 
Today have my dr appt and first physio. (6 week checkup) This will tell me if I can drive.unfortunately I over did it on the weekend and I am quite sore now. My incision is a little redder and quite warm. Glad I have my appt today so my dr can check it out.
 
Mollyb I'm sure all is well-- waiting for your update :) The area around my incision seems to have a life of its own regarding heat and cold. Sometimes it's warm, sometimes it matches the other leg. Who knows? I have not worried about it yet, as it's not sore.
 
Mollyb....zauberflöte...I echo that about the incision....its a strange thing....sometimes mine is white , then its pink, then its risen and purple....I think I have whats called a keloid scar as its really puffy...am no medical expert bu thats my not so educated guess. I wouldnt worry about it though molly .
 
Greetings Mollyb! Sorry you're having a tough recovery... and sleep is being elusive! A liitle sleep aid sounds like just what you needed... I've become a fan of a benedril at bedtime... keeps me snoozing till about 5am. How did you make out with your drive to visit the cows? I'm at 4 weeks ~ both hips and not driving yet... feeling like a captive sometimes! :groan:Hang in there and let us know how you're doing!

Checking cows was a little painful cuz of the rough terrain but was worth it to see the cows. My kids have been keeping close tabs on them for me. They are all in good shape lots of pasture after a long winter. The countryside is beautiful. I missed getting out after after a long confinement. I don't know how people live in the city. I need lots of space.
 
I passed I now have my freedom I can now legally drive and resume normal activitIes as long as it doesn't hurt. I don't have to rely on friends and family anymore. Great feeling.
 
Molly I overdid it yesterday and today I slept all afternoon and I'm aching all over. The rest of my body is now as sore as my legs. Lol.
 
Finally I can drive 6weeks is a long time but it was good to be on the road again. I went for lunch with girls from the office. It was great. I didn't even take my cane. Still limping but it is getting better and definitely less pain. Still it seems to take a lot of energy to do anything so my list of things to do keeps getting cut short by the end of the day.
 
It seemed like a long time for me too. What is the timeframe your doctor has given you.
 
Hi Mollyb

I have merged your recovery threads into your original hip recovery thread, this is your primary thread. We prefer to keep your recovery journey in the one thread for context. I checked back through your thread and we have had to merge your threads quite a number of times. Would you be a dear and stick to this one please as it is so important for all of us to see your recovery in the one continuous thread.. Thanks Molly :)

I am so pleased you have been cleared for driving that is a big milestone... Good for you :)

[Bonesmart.org] Just new
​

​
​
 
Mollyb oh that infamous Energy Drain. Your body takes energy for healing the hip off the top, first, and you yourself only get the leftovers LOL. That's driving me nuts, so I'm working on my patience, which is a virtue I've only had when it suited me in the past.
I sat in the driver's seat yesterday and adjusted the mirror. Does that count??:rotfl:
 
This is a roller coaster ride. Just over 6 weeks and I am getting tired of limping around. I have a lot of work to catch up on but everything seems to take so much time now and then my energy gives out on me. It is very frustrating. I am faithfully doing my "Phase 2" physio which takes about 45 minutes to help with the strength in my leg, but is it normal to be limping after 6 weeks or how long does it take to fully recover and walk normally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom