Guest viewing is limited

Julie's Back Home !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I went to Rheumatologist today and he said all blood work he did came back in range and negative for any Lupus, etc.. to rule that out as cause for all this AVN. Like he said and most have (Jo), more than likely idiopathic and just won't know why.

My knee is still sore since last weeks injection and he pointed out by looking at MRI report that it's not the IT band on the outside of knee, it is the OCD that is causing this pain and the steroid injection should have given it relief if it could have by now. He says I need to get back sooner to OS (or change OS's) which I don't want to do. He asked if the OS told me to be complete non-weight bearing on that leg and I told him no, he really didn't tell me anything further about the knee and what I may be looking at if the injection doesn't work. His MAIN thing was me getting my Quad stronger and then the knee won't hurt??????????????? Well again, how am I supposed to get the Quad strong when the knee hurts so much? :scratch:

I have a call out to him now and see what will be said. He never even told me the degree of the OCD in the knee. UGH...it gets old trying to get things resolved. I guess good thing is that all the blood work came back fine from Rheumatologist so that is a good thing.
 
Julie,
I am glad for you that the Rheumatologist's results came back negative :)

I hope your pain eases up soon and you get to the root of the problem.

xoxoxox,
Linda.
 
Left hip pain is so different compared to how right was?

Well I'm 9 weeks post-op from my right THR today !! Doesn't feel too bad at all and getting by good with it. My only issue is my right knee now and having basically the AVN in it. They say it's Osteochondritis dissecans . I had a steroid shot in it and it hasn't given any relief so I'm to call this week and go back to OS earlier then my next appointment.

Now my left hip which was a Stage 2 of AVN is hurting. This hurt is very different from my right side. On my right side I had the pain SO bad in the pelvic/groin area and down the inner leg to the upper knee. With this pain that started a few days ago, it's really in the butt bone at upper leg and then on outside of hip area and down the outside of the leg and even into the shinn area. I now have to wonder if the AVN is progressing :what: My right hip was a Stage 2B when it was replaced.

I'm so tired of this and never feeling decent. :sigh: Will be calling OS to get in hopefully this week instead of in two weeks when I'm scheduled again. They are so good about ALWAYS returning a call on same day you call and talking to you which is so good.

Thanks for listening once again. Hopefully I'll soon be posting a surgery date and who knows about my knee.
 
Agh, the ever advancing grunge of joint disease, eh? You poor girl. I hope you get some good answers soon.

You might have noticed I moved your post into your previous thread and then noticed your post-op thread was in the pre-op forum! So it's had a double move - hope you don't mind!
 
Well my left hip is continuing to get worse each day. I called OS yesterday and he is on vacation this week. They changed my next appt. from 7/22 to 7/14 and the nurse called me back too and she said that she's in contact with him twice a day. She called me back again at end of day and said they called in pain pills for me (same ones I had prior - Norco 10/325) *** they really don't help too much***, but they at least called them in.

I guess I'll find out next Thursday the direction we will go and since my right knee isn't any better I don't know which direction he'll want to go. :scratch:

I'm just ready to get the left hip done and deal with right knee after that with whatever needs to be done with it. I feel that my new right hip is strong enough to handle this.

Yesterday was a long day at work and sitting isn't helping because the pain is right on the side and rear area and extends down the outer thigh. :sigh: Think I will be leaving work shortly so I can go home and take a pain pill and I think I need to maybe double up ???? Any thoughts? Is the 10/325 really that strong? I know the second part is Tylenol thats in it and first part is Hydrocodone.
 
Personally, I don't think extra-strength vicodin is that strong and I'd say take two - but I'm not in the medical profession and can only give my opinion which could be different that someone else's...I think med strength is subjective :rolleyespink:

hope you feel better soon,

xoxo,
Linda
 
I would imagine that any doctor would prescribe two of those except for mild pain.

Hydrocodone can be taken up to 10mg at a time but the standard clinical dose of paracetamol (Tylenol) is 1,000mg. So I would suggest maybe you take one of your prescribed tablets and one extra strength (500mg) or standard (325mg) Tylenol with it. That would be the safer option.
 
Jo, I looked up the Norco and saw that it's either 5, 7.5 or 10/325 doses so I have the highest dose and it said that max taken should be 7 in a day. I worked ALL day today because someone else had the day off and someone else called in sick so I was there before 7:00 a.m. and left at 4:30. UGH.

Tonight the pain has set in so bad. Like I said before, it's on the outerside of the hip area and now the pelvic bone is sooooo sore. It's even very hard to sit on that side and tonight almost so hard to put weight on the leg. Do you think the head is near collapse?

I'm doing the dose like you recommended right now and off to bed I'm going. Tomorrow I will only work part of the day and I may call back to OS and let them know that the Norco really doesn't help at all and see if there is something else to take. I know my OS is on vacation but maybe they can get me something else?? :cry4:

Another question, how do I tag?? I can't figure that out. I see others do the @ sign and then name is underlined.

Thanks !!
 
Julie, I'm sorry you are in such pain. I hope you're able to get some time off so you can rest and get it to improve a little.

To make a tag, you type @ and then the name and then semicolon. So, to tag you, I would type this:
@ Juliep ;
without the spaces. Now I'll do that, just to double check that it works. :wink1: @Juliep:
 
Julie so sorry you are hurting! That bone on bone pain is the worst. Sure hope you get to talk to your OS and get some new pain relief.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom