TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Judlepip ,
@Josephine may be able to address your concerns, I read elsewhere she is out for a few days, you may have to wait.
Post a photo so she can see the bend.
Great photo of the ducks, thanks for posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@RestAssured. Thanks for your reply, and to @Roy Gardiner, @pumpkin and @Lovestoread for their replies. I think @Daisey posted on here in error!

Answering questions; well lovestoread, no it doesn't hurt particularly when I walk, other than the pain I've become accustomed to from the TKR, more an uncomfortableness! No, the foot isn't pointed out, nor is leg twisted. I'll try and post a pic., although it's not marked crookedness, it is crooked! Not terribly clear, but my right leg is the operated one.

[Bonesmart.org] Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the right leg looks pretty straight, but the left one the knee is pointed to the outside.

When I had my surgery, my right leg was slightly pointed in--but after my muscles came back, it was relatively normal.
 
It also seems to me that the right leg looks better - you are probably just so used to how your knee looked and how the left one still looks that it seems more normal to you. I doubt you need to worry but are you having pain in the left knee?
 
@RestAssured There are 4 other replies?????
Ok, ok, I meant about this issue on the other post! LOL. Did you notice what time I posted? I'm usually not even awake yet, but I had a 6 am yoga session w Jill, have a 1:00 pm core and balance and cardio with Jill, and it is national run/walk day! So, I will be doing 3 miles this evening.

I do hope you can forgive me for my "oversight!" :rotfl:
 
Ok, ok, sorry! It was photographed in a mirror! The leg on the right of the picture is the operated leg! It actually is more noticeable wearing trousers!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@skigirl . How long did it take for the 'muscles came back' to take effect? (Excuse grammatical inaccuracy!).


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
about three months. so, really you should be pretty set on that problem. You can talk to your OS, but i think we are stuck with what we get. My right knee is a little knock need and I don't like it, but oh well.
 
Your operated leg still looks a bit swollen to me. Maybe that's also distorting its appearance?
 
@Celle Yes, I think you're right - it probably is still a little swollen. I'm not sure what could be done even if it is crooked, perhaps as @skigirl said, we are probably stuck with what we get! Thanks for replies.
 
@skigirl . How long did it take for the 'muscles came back' to take effect? (Excuse grammatical inaccuracy!).


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It also took me three to four months for my muscles to get close to being all the way back---about six months or so, I would say I was close to 80%-85%---I would have to say that it was not until eight months that my scles were around 90%-95%.
 
I'm so sorry for not responding sooner. For some reason I didn't receive an alert to your tag and missed your posted question.

I notice that you did post a photo and you indicate that because it was shot in a mirror, that the leg on the right in the picture is your operated knee. Normally a person's legs do become straighter once the knee joint is replaced. I agree that swelling may be what you're seeing.

There isn't anything you could do to change the way your legs are other than to improve your muscle tone. But the important thing is how well you're moving about and able to do the things you want.

I am going to pull your newest thread just started into your recovery thread. In the future if you have asked a question with an alert and don't receive a response, please send a PM to Jo or me and we'll know that an alert didn't work. If there's a problem with the site's alerts, we need to know about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a suspicion that it is a bit out of line. But I need a better picture. You had the light behind you which reduced the definition so if you could sort that and also give a picture that includes both hips and feet as well, like this

[Bonesmart.org] Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!
 
Hello @Josephine. Thanks for reply. I hope this is clearer. (I see clearly why I no longer wear a swimsuit!!)

[Bonesmart.org] Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am feeling really low. I'm snapping at hubs who's done nothing wrong, but everything right. I just feel disillusioned over this wretched TKR. I thought it would improve things and I know it's not a year yet and that's a marker, but surely I should feel more comfortable by now? I can't walk without limping. I can't walk for any distance worth talking about. I was a walker! I like to walk. At my age it was important to me that I could walk for miles and do aerobics on my home DVDs to keep me fit. I WAS fit. Now I'm disabled. I hate that I have to use disabled loos when out; that my husband has to help me up and down steps if there are no railings; that I walk with a limp, that I'm DISABLED. I thought this TKR was supposed to improve things - it's all much worse than it was prior to surgery. I know I shouldn't moan, but it's my thread, so if anyone reads it, sorry.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Judlepip Your legs look better than mine and I've given up worrying about what other folks think when I wear a swimsuit. Where I swim there are folks of all body shapes and sizes --not to mention states of cellulite….
Glad you could have a good moan --it does us good to let all the frustrations out.
My knees go in and out of soreness for no explainable reason--just part of the process. (This is TKR#2 for me). In my head I am still back in my pre arthritic knee days and could walk "forever" --not so-- but with TKR#1 (done in 2007) I managed about 10 miles wandering around Oslo one day last summer. With TKR#2 --it is what it is and I'll find out this summer how far I can walk when we are in the UK. I wonder if you need some focused physio to straighten your gait. I walked along the tiles at our shopping mall to get my gait straightened.
As for "disabled" loos -- what a terrible term! We are not permanently disabled we just have temporary issues getting up and down. I simply enjoy the extra space and height --usually much cleaner too!
Hang in there !
 
Hi @Judlepip I would be inclined to wait and see what Josephine says. Your legs look better than mine. I've never seen my legs particularly the TKR look like they do. The TKR on mine is still very swollen but hopefully is being fixed next week on the 19th June x x to be honest my TKR is a similar shape to yours but with more pronounced swelling x

As regards shouting at your husband..It's perfectly natural to take it out on the one closest to us, you know that. However, remember you're feeling bad about yourself right now, you're angry at the situation you find yourself in and this stage of being less able than you were is bound to be getting you down. I know that all you want is to be back to normal. I regularly apologise to my husband explaining why I've shouted or cussed. Wait and see what Josephine says about your knee. Are you due a follow up appointment? It may be you need a little extra PT. I do understand where you're coming from with this! I don't know how you feel as I'm not you but I have an inkling.

I've gone from being a racehorse to a tortoise and frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. The rage, the anger, the frustration, the helplessness, the isolation, lack of independence. Like you my husband has to help with where there's no railings too, otherwise it takes me a long time to get down steps. I am still two feet per step, I still can't drive and like I said before I do get what you're on about.

I so feel for you and would suggest that if you are still concerned after speaking to Josephine or the others, why don't you pop down to your doctors and see if he can arrange another follow up/meeting with your surgeon?

I wish I had a magic wand to get rid of all our aches, pains, medical conditions, I'd use it on everybody x x x x please take care....:console2:

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Hey @Nana moon 27. Thanks so much for the gentle encouragement. You spoke from the heart! Now you need to take note of your own advice! I'm so sorry you had a fit of the nasties today. Feel better soon. xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom