TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Hope there is some more improvement. There is quite a variation from day to day which doesn't seem to correlate to amount of walking or anything else that I can figure out which is curious.

Well, we'll just keep on going and hope for the best, right?:fingersx:
 
@Judlepip and @VancouverUSAgal I so agree with Linda's last comment. My latest TKR is now 15 mths old and while the joint itself feels fine the rest of the leg is quite variable and hard to decipher. I have a feeling that it is a quadriceps issue and is just going to take time. I know my gait in that leg is "off".
@Judlepip Glad that the arthroscopy has helped.
Jen
 
Well, my arthroscopy is done and dusted. I'm feeling really good and ready to start some exercise again. Apparently when they did the arthroscopy they also did a chondroplasty and washout! I saw something on the internet and it looked like they may have cleared a lot of gunge. Whatever, it feels ok.

@Chihuahuan - I agree with you, the whole darn thing takes so much time! Good luck1
 
Glad all went well for you and that you are feeling better!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Judlepip ,
I am confused you had an arthroscopy on your RTKR, and they did a chrondroplasty on your right knee. You should not have had any articulating cartilage for them to clean out if it was your TKR knee.
:shrug:
 
Oh dear, I'm even more confused. Sorry, @Josephine if you suggested I NOT have this done. I didn't know it was an option anyway; he just mentioned in GP letter later that that is what he'd one. All I knew was he was doing an arthroscopy to see if there was any obvious reason that I'm still getting pain.

@pumpkin - YOU"RE confused?!! I know, it doesn't seem to make sense does it? The arthroscopy was, he told me, for diagnostic purposes only; as above to Josephine. I watched a video on the net which showed gunge being cleared and I wondered why I would have any following a TKR.
 
I watched a video on the net which showed gunge being cleared and I wondered why I would have any following a TKR.
:scratch: Hang on - have I missed something? I thought (or assumed) this scope was on your left knee. Was it not?
 
No - right knee - because of continuing pain and discomfort. He's not getting anywhere near my left knee believe me!! :tantrum2: :bolt:
Mr J. Me and my left knee!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What ever he did, I am glad you are feeling better. :)
I had a real mystery after my primary TKR, I asked for the surgery report. In addition to my TKR, there was a report that I had a shoulder replacement. Maybe your reports got mixed up with someone else?
:what:
 
@Pumpkln - Well, who knows! Stranger things have happened. He seemed quite pleased with himself in his report to GP letter! (As they do!) Good grief, they had that you had had a shoulder replacement? Not the sort of op you're likely to forget!! Perhaps you just overlooked that one?!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's back to what it was before the arthroscopy! Except it has a large swelling above the knee on the left side. No idea what it is but I'll take some Ibuprofen.
Painfree surgery is the best - no doubt about it!!
 
@Judlepip
that is encouraging to me as I thought 12 months was the magical number. Maybe my knee really will get gradually better.
 
Hi @hopefaith . I'm sorry to be bringing bad news, but my knee is now very painful again and I had to take painkillers last night for the first time in months. I seem to be going backwards. I've searched my mind for anything I did to explain the pain, but it was a fairly uneventful day. I found I couldn't turn in bed or even change my position without causing pain. Even just lying still hurt. The outside of my knee and down the outside of the tibia (if it's tibia to the side?) was aching. It had been painful a bit during the day, worse in the evening, but the night was just awful. @Jamie, @Josephine, @pumpkin - any thoughts on why this might be?
 
Judlepip,
Sorry to hear your pain has returned, the fibula is the bone on the outside of your lower leg. Here is a link with a better explanation and photos https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibula
As I recall your leg is out of alignment, and you had previously posted a photo?
If it was me I would be seeking a second opinion.
 
I fully agree. Second opinion required.

Judy, if you like , I could I could hunt out a suitable chap for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom