TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Judlepip Hope all goes well with your next eye op and the perception of smallness settles down. Your brain will adjust over time.
I gave up on my recovery thread I've not reported on there for a long long time. This is my second TKR so I know that it will take me a long time for all the "small" things to resolve themselves. I just don't worry about them --they are minor compared to the pre TKR situation. I know that there will be some swelling and soreness --especially after long walks or being on my feet; it resolves pretty quickly so no big deal. The duskiness in the skin and soft tissues is just part of my healing process but will be gone in about 2 years. I take extended release tylenol (paracetomol) at night so I don't get uncomfortable and sleeps well. It all just takes time. :walking: Keep walking --best thing we can do.
 
Not sure what to do with my knee situation. So, I had the second opinion (which was actually the first), he said revision was not warranted, so here I am left with pain and a crooked leg! At first I was just pleased that it didn't mean another operation, but once home I began to think - 'so now what?' I fear the answer is 'nothing' and I'm not happy with that. I'm debating going for my one year review (end November), which I had cancelled. Any thoughts, any advice anyone? I'm not @ ing anyone as I don't think I should keep hassling anyone. So if there's anyone out there, who happens across my post and is not sick and tired of my problems, I'd appreciate a view! :chinstroke::shrug:
 
Hello Judith @Judlepip

Very disappointing times for you with your second opinion.

As @Chihuahuan says you have nothing to lose my attending your one year review in November and it may provide you with more answers.

Your second cataract surgery is at the end of October and best wishes and with both eyes done, you should feel your vision more balanced.

My recovery is slowly, slowly struggling with ROM, Flexion at 100 degrees with a great push/ but usually 95degrees and extension at -8.
Knee stiff and swollen at 10 weeks post-op on a Thursday.

My recovery thread is - Left TKR on 17 July.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@Judlepip
Judith, no one is "sick and tired of your problems" , we are all here for each other and can listen, possibly give advice, but certainly comfort when required.
I'm afraid I can't pretend to have any answers to your problem but I would certainly go to your one year review, the more people you complain to the more likely something might get done. I don't get a one year review, it is only because of my left knee that I am seeing my OS now, he would have said farewell after my 6 week check. Yesterday he did give my right knee a cursory look over, was obviously very satisfied with his handiwork and that was that.
I'm so sorry you are still not happy with your knee, I agree with @marmora and @Chihuahuan, I think you should go to the appointment and discuss the problem.
 
Hello Judith @Judlepip

Read on @Nana moon 27 forum that as you are unwell that your second cataract surgery has been rescheduled to 12 October.

You are right, you need to be feeling well, as to prevent infection.

Hopefully, your one year TKR review in November will provide you with some answers.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Judlepip I popped across as I'd not heard from you in ages, to find you'd tagged me in loads of posts and I didn't get the alerts. I'm so sorry about that. I'm glad your first cataract surgery has gone well and your other one will be done before Christmas once your colds gone.

Mom had hers done last Tuesday. Her right eye. She's done nothing but moan. She said it hurts, she claims she felt the lot. I said that if she had, she'd have screamed the place but she didn't. Poking yourself in the eye is bad enough!!! Let alone a scalpel. She said she's fed up. I'm the wrong person to talk fed up to at the moment. I've had too much time - 9 months of a rubbish recovery and now I'm back to square one because of the revision xxxxx

I just don't know what to make of your OS and his thinking. If your leg is crooked and misaligned surely that would lead to back and hip problems? I agree with the others, I think it's a good idea to keep that appointment and discuss everything that bothering you and ask what they are going to do about it!

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all and thanks @Nana moon 27 for your post above. Thanks also to @Ellejay, @Chihuahuan @dogwheels @marmora @Pumpkln @chestnc et al.

Cathie (@marmora) Slow and steady is the way, I think you're doing ok, it sounds as if you're doing everything right. I hope things continue to improve.

Ann, I'm sorry that your Mum is complaining about the eye surgery, I didn't find it painful at all, but a bit 'squiggly' if that makes any sense at all!N I wasn't bothered at all about having the first done, but am feeling a little squeamish about the second. Yuk, never mind soon over and I'lll be back to normal - only better!!

As far as the knee goes, it seems that I have to be re-referred if I want to see the OS (I suppose to be fair, I did opt out of that system by going for the second opinion). So now it seems I have to get another referral and at the moment I just feel I can't be bothered. However, I know that's a bit silly, it's all very unsatisfactory and 'unfinished' really. I want someone to say "This is the situation and that's that". No one has really said that and other than being referred for physio for my back (which seems fine!) nothing else is going to happen unless I go for a referral. Oooh. I go for physio appnt. on 23rd I think, so I'll see what they say, but they're not offering an opinion on the knee, just on the back!
 
Oh @Judlepip how very, very frustrating. It is worth bothering about. You are now dealing with the quality of the rest of your life. The sheer fact that you feel it is unsatisfactory and unfinished, It is worth being referred x

The problem is youngest fed up of this treadmill of hospital/doctor/physiotherapist appointments and all you want is to be back to some kind of normality. @busylizzie has summed this up very well in her post on my thread. She's having an awful time with the lot Xxxxx

Don't you think this year has gone so fast? I cannot believe we are into October and at a rate of knots, Christmas will be here. (Sorry :dubious:) xxxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - Yes, the month's are skimming by and it'll soon be SPRING! I think I prefer to think that rather than Christmas (but I do love Christmas). Next year we'll al be more able and mobile, I hope. :walking::upright::biking::hiking: Well, maybe!
 
Hello Judith @Judlepip

Hope that you get your re-referral soon or for someone to see you and provide answers and a solution for your knee and leg.

When is your second cataract surgery ?
Hopefully, when both are done, you won't be a 'squiggly' .

Take care,
Cathie x
 
Whoo hoo hoo! I'm all done! Two good eyes and feeling grand! (Nervy experience though! I had alarm bells ringing 'cos my BP went sky high! Systolic of 194!!).


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello Judith @Judlepip

Great news that your second eye has been done.
You should feel more balanced now with both eyes !

Take care,
Cathie
 
I do indeed Cathie. Thanks so much


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@marmora, love the new profile pic! @Chihuahuan @dogwheels @pumpkin, @Ellejay @hopefaith @Nana moon 27 @yiayia3 and in fact anyone who has followed my thread. I'm going to be so busy; my knee is not going to improve and my eyes are done. I feel I have little time or content to offer to the forum so I'm signing off, certainly for a while. I'll probably check in from time to time, but shan't be contributing. I wish you all the very best of journeys and thank you for your support along my bumpy ride!
 
@Judlepip - I am so glad that we have made your journey a little more palatable, even though the final outcome on the knee hasn't been quite what you hoped for.
I have so enjoyed our chats, and wish you much love and continued improvements in the future.
There does come a time when you feel you do not have too much to offer on here - I am fast approaching that point myself, so like you I will soon start falling off the radar I expect. I will just pop in every so often to have a quick word with some of my old knee buddies who are still on the recovery path, and everyone will say 'Who the **** is Dogwheels?' - or I will be dropping PM's to a few, from time to time.
It's been great 'knowing' you on here, and my best wishes to you and your husband for many more happy and hopefully pain free years to come.
XXXXX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom