TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@yiayia3 I hope you managed to keep the secret! Have a lovely day together (well, what's left of it!)
@dogwheels There I posted one of us 50 years ago! Scroll back up and there we are! Thanks for the anniversary balloon! We seem to have been celebrating for weeks - it's great and there's still more to come!
@Chihuahuan Thanks for the good wishes.
 
Thank you @Judlepip, so glad you posted the earlier photo.

My goodness girl, you have hardly changed at all.

Lovely pics, lovely couple - again, congratulations to you both.

XXX
 
@Judlepip
The love in your eyes for each other 50 years ago, is still shining brightly 50 years later.
May you always wake up in each other's hearts.

Love,
Cathie
@marmora - that's such a beautiful sentiment. Thank you. And @Jozilla, @dogwheels, @pumpkin et al. Thanks to all for your warm messages. We are lucky to still have each other after 50 years AND still want to be together!
 
@dogwheels @Jozilla @Nana moon 27 @Chihuahuan @marmora @hopefaith @chestnc Sorry if I've forgotten anyone.
We're still in the midst of great excitement and relatives beginning to arrive for our big bash tomorrow. I find I'm looking past it all to my Appnt next week with the OS to hear his views on my knee and what can be done. Worst case scenario - "can't do anything"!! Hope not!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Judith,
@Judlepip
August has been an exciting and happy time with your Birthday and 50th Wedding Anniversary !
It is good for the heart & soul to have happiness when we don't know what is around the next corner.

Enjoy your celebrations this weekend !
It will put you into better spirit for your OS appointment next week.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hello all. Well our party went off just about perfectly! I can't think of a single thing that wasn't as we had planned. Of course, it was even better than we planned as the fantastic guests added to the wonder! It seemed to last the whole weekend as we had family staying over and it was a bit manic at times with all the children, but such great fun! Yesterday I wore my poor old washing machine out doing bed linen and towels etc and today I'v been cleaning and hoovering. Things are beginning to get back to normal. Our children made it so special; son gave a fantastic and heartwarming speech and daughter and other son just did everything they could to make the day! We felt so loved! :flwrysmile::loveshwr:

Now it's reality time! I see the surgeon on Friday and will post his verdict and then on Saturday I'm to have one cataract done (I hope. One of the phone calls said that, but another said it may just be an assessment) I'll be glad to get things rolling one way or the other.
 
@Judlepip

Hello Judith,

What a lovely weekend you and your husband shared with your family and friends.
Many happy memories were relived and sure that the weekend will provide more happy memories for the future.

Now as you say, back to seeing doctors, etc. Hope the Friday appointment goes well for you.

I have had R & L cataract surgery a few years ago.
It went well & with the inserted intra-ocular lens, one is for long sightedness and the other for short sightedness; it means no glasses at all for me.

Able to read, watch telly, drive, etc.without glasses.

I am the envy of all my friends when we are out for dinner, that I'm the only one who doesn't have to pull out the glasses from the handbag to read the menu !

Take care and so very happy that your family celebration went so very well,

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Judlepip, I'm so glad you enjoyed your party, it's sounds as if it was a wonderful occasion, and obviously you are well loved.
I won't get on here very much this week, but just wanted to wish you all the best for your OS appointment and also the cataract appointment, I'll be thinking of you xxx Lyn
 
Hi @Judlepip - just wanted to wish you all the best for your appointments tomorrow. I hope they go well and look forward to hearing how you got on.

I'll be thinking of you.

XXXX
[Bonesmart.org] Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!
 
Hope all goes well Judith! Let us know how you make out.
 
@Judlepip
Hi Judith,

May your Friday appointment with doctor provide answers to your questions.
Best wishes for your cataract surgery on Saturday ~ had both mine done & I've never looked back !

Take care for have another busy weekend,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@hopefaith, @marmora, @pumpkin @dogwheels @Nana moon 27 @Jozilla and all others who have been kind enough to follow my thread; Hello and good morning. I've been reading @Nana moon 27 's news and I'm so disgusted on her behalf. She must be, and sounded, devastated by here recent treatment.

I received some mixed news yesterday. The Horder Centre is very efficient (in contrast to Ann's experience) and I wasn't kept waiting long before I was send for an Xray as requested by the surgeon prior to our appointment. Then I saw him and the crux of it seems to be that the actual knee replacement is sound. However, I pointed out the the leg is still crooked, so something's out of alignment. He didn't seem to find it particularly relevant I fear. I think he said it was within normal limits (something of that sort). He stressed that revision, or any surgery, is not going to improve matters. He thought that my back might be causing my pain in knee and lateral thigh. To that end he is referring me back to GP for physio referral to concentrate on my back. He felt that the leg generally was not as good as it might be (he's telling me!), but just said that it was a shame I had it done when I did as it didn't sound to him as though it needed a TKR at that stage! This was really because I pointed out that the knee now is 100% worse than it was before I had it done! I further explained that as a layperson we can only take the advice of the professionals and I was advised I needed it done!

Having said all that I came away relieved and annoyed in equal measure. It seems that this is as good as it gets and I must just get on with it! Apparently I can walk and exercise as much as I feel able and I have determined to do exactly that; get fit again and just put up with the disadvantages! Trying to be positive! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Judlepip

Good Morning Judith,

Your appointment on Friday was, in football terms (soccer in the USA) it was a game of two halves !

I have read and re-read your post and like you feel :scratch: puzzled as to what you know is the situation with your knee and the surgeon's interpretation.

Remain positive and hope that ?maybe? physiotherapy for the back may provide some improvement.

Put the feet up and :chillpill: relax this Indian summer weather weekend !
Cathie
 
Hi @Judlepip - thanks for the update. I was thinking of you yesterday.

Sorry your appointment didn't give you - at the very least - more information. It makes me mad when these experts (and they all seem to do it, from reading others experiences here) take the attitude that as the implant is positioned OK everything else has to be fine too. This neatly shifts the problem away from them and hints that its you that's making a fuss, or some other specialist's problem to deal with. My OS had the grace to laugh when discharging me from hospital post op. He said that now it was down to me and the physio's. I replied that he obviously felt that having done the carpentry, his job was done. He laughed, pulled a face and said he felt his input was a bit more meaningful - but added he would always be there for me if I had concerns. He's a good man, and I trust him and he does look after his patients extremely well ......... But even at my final X ray and check up, the first thing he said was 'that implant could not be more perfectly positioned' .............. thankfully I did not have to complain about further problems, but it would have been difficult to do so when the expert has got in first and told you that in his professional opinion, all is perfect.

I'm sorry that yesterday didn't help matters - but hopefully with your great attitude and some physio on your back - things may slowly improve. I really hope so. Enjoy your weekend.

XXX
 
@Judlepip What I've learned over the years is that surgeons just deal with the cut-and-paste part of medical care. It's good to know that there is no surgical need for further procedures. My right lower back, gluteus, and thigh were problematic after the right TKR -- it all connects and supports. I had the best massage I've ever had on our cruise and the masseuse pointed out what needed work on. I felt so much better afterwards and I keep doing the stretching exercises. I'm really hopeful that physio and massage will help you also. Jen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom