TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Judlepip Hope you are doing okay :) Will be anxious to hear about your OS visit. I'm heading to the UK, Norway, and Iceland so we will see how "Violet" --my knee--behaves. It's named after Maggie Smith's character in Downton Abbey. Have no idea how I'll keep up with B-smart news and chit-chat ……all depends on wi-fi availability.
 
Hello @Chihuahuan Well, I hope Violet behaves as she ought. I can't place Violet in Downton- which is she? Upstairs or downstairs? Oh Sorry, I see you said it's Maggie Smith! I don't think I ever realised her name was Violet. I think she's too grand for many people to be able to call her that!! When is your visit to Europe planned? I hope you get this great weather we're enjoying. I will post my OS' consideration once I've seen him, it seems ages away, but no doubt time will fly, as it tends to do at my age!!
 
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham…. broken link removed: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/season2_characters_violet.html
 
Hi @Judlepip I just read through your thread. I'm so glad for you that at last you've got the appointments you've needed and finally things are move king forward for you.

Moms cataract appointment was cancelled. I think she was relieved. However. The Glaucoma clinic have spoken to her quite sternly and said about how cataracts can harden and therefore more difficulty to operate on the longer they're left. This is what she told me on the phone. After I hung up I wondered what she must have said or worse still done to evoke such a reaction from the hospital. Oh well only she knows x

I hope that you are keeping well and I loved those pics from you holiday in Cornwall xxxx thank you for sending them.

Take care now and I hope to speak to you soon x x x
 
@Nana moon 27, please tell your mom that cataract surgery is the easiest thing ever, and the results are to die for. I have had both eyes done---I can now do everything except read small print without glasses I wore for over 30 years. I also had terrible astigmatism which the surgery also took care of. It is nothing like most of us think of surgery being. I was awake but felt nothing during the whole procedure (some put you completely out). As soon as I was taken back to the outpatient room, I got up and dressed and left.
 
Popping in to say hello @Judlepip. Sounds like you still feel a great bit of frustration about your knee.
I hope things get sorted for you. (:

~hopefaith
 
Yes, cataract surgery is not bad at all and the results are very worth it. Kind of like the knees--why suffer until you can't function when there is a choice?
 
I finally got to see a professional today. I had asked my GP for a referral to the physio and so it was; Well, he checked it all over and had a good look. He pronounced; I have very good muscles all around the knee (must have done all the right exercises!), my rom, general movement and flexion are all as they ought to be .... BUT, the answer is almost certainly a revision TKR :groan:. I thought I had accepted that, but seemingly I hadn't as when I got back out to the car, I just wanted to sit and cry. I must have had some vague hope that maybe there was another way. He said I could walk on it as much as I liked as long as it didn't hurt (and when I said, "well, it does hurt", he just raised his eyebrows as to say 'Well there you go') He also said that it won't get better without some procedure and if it were him he would go ahead and have it (that last when I said "what if I opt not to go ahead?") The thought of really and truly having to go through that all again is just horrifying. So that has destroyed any hope I had of normality ahead :bricks:
 
Oh @Judlepip - really not what you were hoping to hear - but perhaps what something down deep inside of you guessed?
You must be feeling very let down and dejected with this news, however, you know what they say about fat ladies and singing?? You still have to get the surgeon's say so, and as much as I respect PT's experience and knowledge, ultimately it will be the Orthopaedic surgeon that will tell you exactly what needs to be done.

All of us reading this, including myself are saying: 'There but for the grace of God , go I'.

Rest assured Judlepip, whatever needs to be done, we will be here willing you on and chatting to you until you are quite mended and pounding up and down on those walks of yours.

Hugs and love to you

XXXX
 
Oh @dogwheels! You made me cry! Thank you for your kind words of support. As you say, not what I wanted to hear, but I knew really right from when Josephine confirmed it as crooked. I needed to have a professional look it over and now that's done. As for the fat lady.....well currently that's me so I won't sing just yet! Simply cannot shift this 1/2 stone and I've got our 50th on the horizon and I shall look like a beached whale! Don't know what to wear, but am looking at pretty tents!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi@Judlepip I'm so sorry to hear about your knee so unlucky lets hope your O.S has some answers
Hope you can still enjoy your 50th a few cocktails will work wonders. Take care.
 
We are all here for you! So sorry you sound like you need a revision but there is a good group of us who are going to be recovering together! Take care and enjoy your 50th!
 
@Judlepip I am so sorry to read your post. It is one thing to think something, but quite another to hear the words out loud. I agree with what @dogwheels said about the fat lady and singing. As @Jozilla said you are not alone. If that is the decision you make, we will be here for you.
But all that said I hear you that this has been a very frustrating few months for you with not knowing what is going on with your knee. Thinking of you.
~~hopefaith
 
I believe my knee is getting worse. It's certainly more painful, but it's now clicking noticeably with every step. Unfortunately, I still have a month to go before I see the Consultant and then who knows how long before surgery. It annoys me that I'm back on anti- inflam's and painkillers again. I just wish the whole thing was over. However, my spirits are still high and I'm just resolved to get there one day!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi
I think my knee is mal aligned. It is no fun, everytime you walk it hurts. Wish you had an earlier appointment.
Sending you hugs (((((hugs)))))


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks @pumpkin. I'm really sorry if you do indeed have a mal-aligned knee. Have you gone for consultation yet to confirm? I thought you'd had a revision? Surely that's not mal-aligned? Eeek!

This site is still playing up. I only managed to access via iPad. Are the techies aware do you know?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Judlepip ,
Unfortunately it is the revision. I see the OS next Thursday, depending on his response will determine the direction I will go in. I would like him to do a full length x ray so he can see the alignment. It is hard to see how crooked my tibia is without an x ray, it looks straight if you just take a look. Yes he knew about the crooked tibia before the revision.
I am already gathering my medical records to have them on hand if I need to seek a second opinion, and taking a second look at surgeons who do revisions.
Don't want to derail you thread, so will post this in my thread too.

If you are using the app on your iPad you will have better access. It is the web browsers that are having the slow down. Pretty sure the techies are aware of this.
 
@pumpkin Good luck on Thursday. I await the outcome. The surgeon I'm seeing hasn't done too many revisions, but I can't find many which have. He has, however, done much research on knees in general so I'm hopeful.

Yes, Ive found that either the iPad or the iPhone gets better results, but it's been bad for a while now.
 
@Judlepip - I hope you also get some helpful answers this week. I think we will see a lot more surgeons in the near future with greater revision numbers as there are so many tkr's being done! I can't imagine they are going to last our lifetimes tho we can hope!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom