TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning JoAnne @Jozilla

I'm a staple girl too and were glad when they came out on day 10 post-op.
Your recovery seems to be going very well and hopefully that will continue.

Also impressed with the previews of Gone Girl and looking forward to seeing it, but don't know if I am ready to sit in the cinema just yet.

Very interesting discussion about Celebrax and will look it up on the internet to see if it is available in Irelnad. My knee is still very stiff and maybe the addition of Celebrax would help, even at this stage at week 10 post-op.

grandchildren - I am so looking forward to experiencing the joy that you have with your grandson.
My middle son age 31 married in June 2014 and when he and his wife were here last weekend for a wedding, they did mention that as they are now looking to buy an apartment or small house, that they are now looking at locations near schools, playgrounds and family friendly areas. So they are future thinking of children.

Have a good weekend, heading out for a walk to the local YMCA to investigate their stationary bike and other equipment that could help in my recovery.

Take care,
Cathie
 
18 days post-op. I am so happy to say that. I feel so much better this time. I am still icing a lot - all night long. My OS said use my ice machine as long as I want to. My first knee I iced for seven weeks overnight. Just made my knee feel so good in the morning. Same with this one. I took a lot of little walks outside yesterday

Catching up on some shows - project Runway, sons of Anarchy, Crazy Housewives of New Jersey. My new favorite UK friends is Ladies if London which is not on right now. I think of all of you @dogwheels, @Ellejay, @ nana moon 27 and think is that how your life is???

Found out yesterday my son and wife are having a boy!! So thrilled for him. Also happy my grandson Mason will have a close boy cousin!! Mason is in live with my cane. He is 18 months old now and a mechanical wonder. Takes everything apart and puts it back together since he was crawling. This week he takes his baby gate down goes behind the bar, loves the Jameson bottle and soda cans. Opens the soda and says uh oh. Takes him about two minutes. Trouble, trouble. I love it and have always been very easy going. Of course my house looks it!

Everyone have a great day!
 
Hello JoAnne @Jozilla

Laughed at the story of Mason and the Jameson !
Must be his Irish roots,...

Cathie
Ps. Congratulations on Grandson number two
 
Ah yes @marmora He is a little Irish Sullivan with curly Italian hair! My hubby bought him a tshirt that says 1/2 pasta 1/2 potato's! He has good taste in booze too!

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR


Here is a picture of my knees - rtkr is nine months out - left just had!

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR


They are not gorgeous but very straight compared to what I had!!
 
Hello JoAnn @Jozilla

Mr. Mason Sullivan is one gorgeous little lad and I can see the Irish twinkle in his eyes !

Your RTKR scar is hardly visible and healed very well, hopefully the LTKR will also be the same.

Must head to YMCA now - was waiting for the washing machine to finish, so that I could hang the clothes out on the line.

Cathie
 
Congrats on another grandson coming! Boys are just so much fun. I was never sorry or disappointed we didn't have a girl. Boys were fine by me :) Glad you're continuing to feel better and that this one is going even better than the first. That is very uplifting for me. I hope it is the same for me. Take care Joanne!
 
:beg:What is the reasoning behind the staples? Is it just a surgeon's preference? Or are some people allergic to the tapes that are used now? Or does it have to do with the particular procedure they did on your knee? I just had sutures under the skin that go away on their own and what looked like tape over it. They removed the tape at my two week follow up and I didn't have anything else on it. I'm sorry you have to go through the trauma of having them removed! I'd be a nervous too.
Got me but my OS did staples, too. I was dreading their removal but the home health nurse did it quite expertly and all I felt were little pinches.
 
Jozilla,
Just checking in on you. Nice looking gams!
Congrats on the new grand baby on the way!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@Jozilla
Hi JoAnn, sorry I haven't been here for a while, I didn't get alerts, even though I see you tagged me in an earlier post. It's is so lovely to hear your stories of your grandson, and what joy, another one soon! My grandson visited yesterday, his parents originally planned that they would leave him with me for a few days as they have a difficult week next week with lots of travel and can't easily get him to nursery, but my left knee is so bad I've had to say no. It broke my heart, I love having him, but it would be too dangerous, I can't care for him properly like this. It was great having them all for the day and hopefully as soon as this other knee is done I'll be able to have him to stay on his own again.
Your recovery is really encouraging me, you sound so positive, and all seems to be going well, I'm so pleased for you.
Have a good Sunday xxx Lyn
 
Good Morning JoAnn @Jozilla

At the moment Europe is leading in The Ryder Cup - so all is right with the world !

Take care and have a comfortable day,

Cathie
 
Ha ha @marmora Cathie I was thinking of you watching the Ryder Cup - we look so bad. I love this kind of play so really enjoy it. My latest favorite American is Ricky Fowler but love Rory too! Love to watch young players do well and be excited.

Thank you all for stopping by. I am doing very well. My bend seems to be slow but I have very little pain. The weather here is gorgeous so may take a walk by the Hudson river today. A little more interesting than my road!

There was a huge county firemans parade yesterday and our road was closed most if yesterday. It is a really big deal around here ending with fireworks and a festival. The weather was near 80• could not be prettier!!

Everyone enjoy their Sunday! I am 3 weeks tomorrow. Woohoo!!
 
Hi JoAnne @Jozilla

Europe have won the Ryder Cup :happydance::yay::happydance:

Walking along The Hudson sounds lovely on a Sunday in Autumn - enjoy.

Cathie
 
3 weeks! Yippie!!! So glad to be on this side with my second knee done! I am taking longer walks and feeling great! Anyone waiting for their tkr hang in there! I can't believe the difference in my second knee - mainly my body is stronger so I have much more stamina.

@marmora Rory looks awesome and is playing so well!! Poor Ricky didn't have a chance but they were still fun to watch.

Actually a great time to have this surgery. My first was in December. The weather is gorgeous - great for walking around which is my main exercise. I only do PT twice a week as it is expensive with my insurance. I know that normal life activity will get it better! It is still very stuff and my rom hasn't improved much but I can do everything I want including cycling. The stairs are just the toughest but I can deal with baby steps!

Happy Monday and three week anniversary to all who had tkr's!
 
@Jozilla congrats on 3 weeks and another grandson to look forward to. Grandkids are such a blessing. Your grandson is a handsome little man.

@Ellejay sorry to hear about not being able to keep your grandson. Do you feel that having your RTKR accelerated your left knee pain? I am bone on bone in both knees. My left one is only symptomatic a few times a year and usually when it is compensating for the right one. I will have at least a year between surgeries due to time off work and insurance. I am hoping my left knee lasts that long.
 
@Minnie's knees, hiya, good to talk to you. I think probably my left knee did get worse once I'd had the right knee replaced. I was told it would go one of two ways - the knee would benefit from the strength from the new knee, and wouldn't need replacement so soon, or, just has happened, the first few months of relying on the left knee so much, made it deteriorate at a faster rate. Hopefully my OS will agree to a second TKR, ( I'm seeing him this afternoon), if he does I will have a year between the two ops. Good luck with your op, have you any idea when it might be?
 
I want to be a member of the grandson club! I have one who is 18 months old, as well.

@Ellejay, I agree, it's not safe to babysit right now. They are fast, have no judgement, and could get hurt. I spend a lot of time with my grandson (they live in the apartment upstairs) but we watch endless YouTube truck videos and read truck books, or do sedentary things while other people are around to "catch" him, if need be.

The house does suffer! I'm looking around this morning and it needs a lot of work. Dogs and kids are messy beasts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom