TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked and I have three refills on mine. So far so good with this knee. I go to OS this afternoon and then PT. I get my staples out and can't wait! I am a huge baby with staples and have kept a pain pill for the occasion! Will check back in later!
 
@Jozilla
You are doing so well :) Going to the movies, I bow in your presence :bow:
I hope you enjoyed "Godzilla" :tantrum2: Have you seen the previews for " Annabelle" ? :yikes:
I can't even watch the commercial. When I have time I will tell you the story of me & dolls :scaredycat:
I hope you continue on your wonderful recovery :friends:
Have a great day,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Hi @Jozilla Nice you had the chance to see Godzilla missed this one at the show but waiting to see might pick it up on a dvd movies are our favorite thing to watch aside from the park scenery. Went to the show just after I started to drive after first surgery hard to sit for that long but enjoyed getting out being part of life again. The preview for Annabelle freaks me out just for the commercial even. It would have me checking under the bed before going to sleep if watching that movie. Used to read a few books by John Saul like his writing but probably would not want to watch them on the movies if they were made into a movie. Still good. Holly
 
@Jozilla
When I had my staples removed, I medicated myself so well I couldn't walk :heehee:
I think I was drooling too :rotfl: I still screamed & was a baby :scaredycat:Good Luck today :)
Diana :loveshwr:
 
I am not alone! Annabelle looks too scary for me but Gone Girl looks very good. I watched Godzilla on Fios pay per view. $4.00 - my kinda price for 48 hour rental. I haven't read in awhile but am getting the itch. I become addicted to whatever interests me at the time - like crazy jigsaw puzzles which are my favorite! I am getting bored now!!
 
Hi @Jozilla Saw previews for Gone Girl and looks like it will be good very suspenseful . Like Ben Affleck to good actor. Trying lately to go to the movies Tuesdays on half price days try to time it out when the crowds are smaller so time to go slow getting out when it is over. Saw The Maze the other day very interesting movie one of the type that makes you really think. Holly
 
:beg:What is the reasoning behind the staples? Is it just a surgeon's preference? Or are some people allergic to the tapes that are used now? Or does it have to do with the particular procedure they did on your knee? I just had sutures under the skin that go away on their own and what looked like tape over it. They removed the tape at my two week follow up and I didn't have anything else on it. I'm sorry you have to go through the trauma of having them removed! I'd be a nervous too.
 
Good question, Connie. Lucky your doctor does things differently.

Jozilla, we set up big puzzles at our summer cottage and everyone stays up late doing them. (Except me!)

How did the stitch removal go?
 
We always did huge puzzles growing up, on the dining room table. The fun ended
When my Grandmother got one of the Moon, with all the Craters, named :shocked:
It was all Grey. I don't think we ever finished it. ( probably threw it out the Window ) :rotfl:
Are the staples out yet ?
 
Yes they are OUT. Not any fun. I think it was worse than my first knee but I am a huge baby. I absolutely recommend taking a pain pill beforehand. I had X-rays - knee looks great - saw several of my hospital mates and then my PA noticed a staple in sideways on my X-rays - not very visible without! I almost froze in my tracks but that one actually did not hurt!!! My OS only staples his tkrs and his partner only stitches. Mine also resurfaces the kneecap and his partner doesn't.

Things went very well at the OS's. I can drive already but will wait until this weekend to try. I feel i am probably a month ahead of where I was last time and do not have to go back to my surgeon until December.

I am off to PT so everyone take care!
 
@Jozilla sure glad they found that sideway staple in the X-ray. I would hate the staples. Luckily my OS uses the steri strips and whatever ones are on at the post op appointment he takes off. I just caught up on your thread and I can't believe how well you are doing without hard meds this early. My OS gave me Celebrex in the hospital and sent me home with Oxycodone 5mg taking one to two every 4-6 hours, along with Gabapentin, 300 mg, taken only at bedtime. It's a med that helps with the nerve pain. He only gives it to you for the first month. I'm still taking two Oxycodone but am now taking at every 5 hours. They will be gone in around four days and I will flip out if he doesn't refill. You are doing so great in your recovery. I am finding the this knee is better than the first too, but then again it wasn't as bad as the first knee going in. Take care. Anne
 
Glad the staples are out. :yay:
 
What is the reasoning behind the staples? Is it just a surgeon's preference? Or are some people allergic to the tapes that are used now? Or does it have to do with the particular procedure they did on your knee?
I really boils down to the surgeon's training and preference.
 
It feels good once the staples are out, glad the removal is behind you.
See you here later.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom