Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello JoAnne @Jozilla

I remember those post-op naps, after breakfast, after shower, after PT, after lunch, ...
You know what I mean, the can't keep your eyes open any longer time of a nap.

Great to you are allowing your body & knee to tell you that it is time for a nap.
Sleep does promote healing.

Take care
Cathie
 
I have been resting a lot more today. Or feeling a lot more tired! Still doing well just resting. I have one more in home PT left tomorrow. A day of rest on Thursday and outpatient PT Friday. It does wear me out! Hope everyone is having a good day!
Xoxoxo
 
@Jozilla Yay! I am so happy to hear you are through your 2nd TKR and getting along so well! I am impressed with what all you are doing - just don't overdo it!

I take Celebrex periodically for arthritis and when I have bursitis flare-ups in my hip. It works well for me for inflammation! In fact, I need to start taking it again as my PT is making that darned bursitis hurt!
 
Jozilla,
Of course you are tired, you just had your second, yes 2nd, TKR in less than a year. That is like having two babies with 10 months between them, tires me out just thinking about it.

Here are the recovery articles for you to review, I read them from time to time and find something new each time.

First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

And wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM
 
@Jozilla I remember that tiredness. I even complained about it on my thread at the time. There were days in the first few weeks where I just could not stay awake. Our bodies need the rest and sleep to heal so try to embrace it and know it will pass. (((hugs)))
 
@Jozilla I know what you mean about that overwhelming fatigue! I am 2 months out from RTKR and I still feel totally zapped a LOT. Even though I seem to be doing well at recovery and rehab, that energy drain is real & has to be obeyed! I am finally figuring out that I can push myself only so far, until utter fatigue does me in, and all I can do is rest, rest, rest!
 
Hi @Jozilla - gosh you are doing so well and I am really pleased for you.
Make the most of every opportunity to rest, don't overdo and take things gently.
Meantimes here is something to make you go awww .....

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR
XXXXX
 
Hubby went and got me some Boost protein drinks and bars. Nothing is tasting good but I know this will not last forever. I just want to keep my strength up. I slept on and off the last two days. Still did PT and basic tasks but needed my sleep. My hospital did not let us sleep much. It was run like a boot camp. I will slowly adjust now I am home!

I am around just not as energetic as usual! Will be back later!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom