TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the hospital routines can really upset our body clocks and when and how we get our rest. When I was in the hospital they came in between 4 & 5 am to draw blood and take vitals so everything could be ready for the doctors to start their rounds at 6. The first night in I only slept 90 minutes. The next night I slept better till they came and woke me up and then that was the end of that. So, do whatever you have to do Joanne to get your rest. It's good you got the protein drinks and bars if you aren't feeling like eating much. It will help to maintain your muscle mass. Sweet dreams!
 
You're doing great! WTG on finding the Celebrex coupon! The best I could find was a $15 one (otherwise mine would have been $136 or something crazy like that). Although I'm off it now (possibly temporarily), it has helped with the pain and inflammation (I hadn't really realized how much it was helping until I stopped taking it and on my non TKR knee started screaming at me).... Keep up the great work and DO NOT let me find out you've joined the ODIC! ;-) xoxoxo

(I drank lots of protein drinks at the beginning as well when I didn't feel like eating (if only that were the case now - remember to eat a bit of something solid when you take your meds - even if it's just a saltine)
 
@Jozilla Glad you got the drinks, now remember to drink them. Your body needs the fuel to heal. Take care of yourself, and listen to what your knee says.
 
I envy those who can nap. I am resting tons but only ever get a few minutes dozing. Sleeping well for 6 hours or so at night but would be happier with 7. Or 8. Or 9...

Good to have that second knee out of the way, isn't it?
 
It's good you are taking care of yourself and getting your :sleep:
 
Better today than yesterday. Sounds like a song. I start outpatient PT tomorrow. I even ate a little tonight! I am starting to get sleepy now though!
 
@Jozilla Happy to hear you are feeling better today. I had not thought about the protein shakes. Glad you were able to eat a little tonight. One day at a time. Hope you sleep well.
 
Glad to hear you are feeling better today. Hope you have a good nights sleep
 
I'm glad you're a little better today. These early days are hard but it seemed to me the differences day to day were less subtle than they are now. Day by day, little by little, we get through it. Be careful at PT tomorrow. Sleep tight!
 
Good news that you are feeling better. Take it easy at PT tomorrow!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Hey Jozilla , glad to hear you are doing better, im gonna have to back track on your thread to know whats going on. In the meantime i just stopped by to say hi and to wish you the best. Iceman
 
I had a great night and slept really well! Makes up for the night before! My OS will not prescribe any more pain meds. It is a good thing the surgical pain is not too bad. I have a small supply to last until I can see my neurologist. Things are really tough here in NY.

I go to outpatient PT today! It is a step forward though I find myself a little nervous! Will stop by later and let you know how I did!

Xoxoxo
 
So, Staten Island reportedly leads the rest of NYC and the entire nation in deaths from prescription opiate overdoses and there is no doubt a backlash due to this disturbing fact.

Where I live, the Deep South, opiates are overprescribed. Which might explain why my nightstand is crammed with more junk than I anticipate ever needing.
 
I can't believe your doctor won't prescribe more pain meds at less than 2 weeks post op. I thought my doc was stingy. Sheesh! It's sad that people are made to suffer because of the idiots out there using and abusing. Glad you got a decent night's sleep. Good luck at PT today!
 
That is a scary statistic @jeano I just got back from PT - pedaled all the way around! That is all I did - rocked back and forth on the bike and I was able to pedal at the end! Now home icing away. Best pain meds there is - ice!

Enjoy your day!
 
Hi @Jozilla Hope you managed to sleep last night and wow a full revolution on the bike I was just rocking back and forth at the time I was at pt. Lucky during surgery the only time they woke me was to take blood or give me my pills or for me the commode. Allowed to get whatever rest I could and thankful for that but hope it goes the same the next time around in the hospital Hope you are feeling better and wishing you the best Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom