TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully I did have a heart monitor on. Of course I didnt know if they would come had the alarm sounded. I can remember seeing the nurses 3 times - for meds and bed pan. I was ready to leave the hospital within 24 hours after being on this floor and was very disappointed in the level of care. I truly would consider another hospital if I need any more surgery! My Pt is here so will be back later!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:loveshwr:Hi Jozilla, you did it. You made it through. So happy for you. So glad you are doing well. How is it being home. are you managing? So glad everything went well. So what meds are you on for pain. If a PA or any doctor were to tell me Celebrex and Tylenol and to go buy the Tylenol, I think I would have to give them that look like for real.... So glad you are doing well. How did PT go at home? Take good care of yourself. :flwrysmile::yay::yay::yay:
 
PT came to the house and am doing great. He will come again Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. By Friday I should be able to do outpatient PT. I am using same PT as my first tkr. He is super and gives me a lot of confidence and does not cause you any pain! I have six exercises to do ten times each twice a day. The only other thing is walking hourly. Nice and simple. Hope everyone has as pain free a day as you can!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jozilla, great to hear from you. I'm glad you are home now and doing OK. Follow the mantras and take it easy. I look forward to some more progress reports. Take care
 
Hi @gr82cu2 I have a question maybe you can help me out. Did you take celebrex while on blood thinners? I am on levonox injections for 20 days and was curious since it was prescribed by the DoDo PA.

@chestnc My painkiller is 10mg oxicodone (percoset without tylenol) every four hours. In the hospital additionally I had OxyContin twice a day but they did not prescribe that for home. My pain is pretty well controlled now so I am happy with that. Again I am icing and elevating as much as I can trying to get the swelling down.

Thanks @tiredwife and @kneeper I appreciate all the support!
 
@Jozilla Yes, I took Celebrex while on Xarelto, a blood thinner pill. The reason they prescribed Celebrex was because I could take it while on blood thinners as it does not thin your blood. It did a great job with the inflammation. I'm so upset I turned allergic to it. If you are allergic to sulfa be careful. I'm so happy you are doing so well. Your report from PT sounds fantastic!
 
Thank you @gr82cu2 I have more inflammation and swelling this time so I will give it a try. It was prescribed at the lowest dosage I believe 200 mg once a day.

@kneeper I take the oxy every 4 hours and that seems to be good. Most of my pain right now is from swelling and the staples and I am hoping once I get that better controlled my pain level should go down. In fact my entire incision seems more swollen than my first tkr. Either that or just another thing I can't remember. I am icing and elevating as much as I can and about to nap!

Xoxoxo
 
@Jozilla Elevating to get that swelling down is really important, but I'm sure you know that. Take care of that new knee.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @sjnyc33 and @tiredwife and everyone else stopping by! I did a lot of resting, icing and elevating today.

It's a good time of the year for me - football, baseball and car racing. Thrown in with HGTV and the ID network. I don't have to concentrate at all! I am a happy camper! Lol.

I will see what else I don't have to concentrate on. I still do not have any focus for reading, my puzzles or even a movie!

I will be on and off tonight - my son and family are here for a visit but I am keeping a low profile and getting sleepy again.

Xoxoxo
 
@Jozilla
I love Joe Kenda, Well My, My, My.... "If you Kill, I will find you" :shocked:I'm sure you would of made a
Good body, with your spinal :dead:
Have a restful night,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Hi JoAnne,
Welcome home! Hope you are doing well. It has been some time since I have been on your thread. Sorry you did not have a great experience in the hospital. Happy that you're home. Sounds like you have things sorted out with your PT and your meds. I was on Celebrex while I was on the blood thinner injections and had no issues.
In fact my entire incision seems more swollen than my first tkr.

Careful not to compare your surgeries too much or you may drive yourself crazy. My surgeries were 8 weeks apart and I still drive myself crazy comparing everything from swelling to the width of scar to ROM. My second TKR is nothing like my first (which was a dream in comparison).

Pleased to hear that the TV programming is to your liking. Makes it easier when you don't have to concentrate isn't it?
 
@gr82cu2
I.D is not for the weak of heart. The shows are all very graphic :yikes: But, I find them very
Interesting, how they find the killers with D.N.A & Forensics. Plus, they are all true.
My favorite is Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter, he has solved over 300 murders in Colorado.
I also love Deadly Women ( Men better watch their step ) :heehee: These Woman are cold-blooded
Don't turn your back on any of them.
Off to watch I.D,
Have a good night,
Diana :sleep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom