Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad to hear you are doing well Joanne. And thank goodness you got the pain med situation sorted out. Have a safe and comfortable trip home and check in when you feel up to it. (((hugs)))
 
I am in recovery! Cannot believe it. I was nowhere near as afraid I have been for other surgeries thanks to all bonesmart help. I had about a five minute panic attack which is nothing for me. First time ever I didn't need medication and could Calm myself down. I got to hospital at six and wheeled me into surgery about 7:15. I had spinal and it was amazing. Nothing at all to worry about. I was in recovery around 10:30. Though right now I don't know if that time frame is accurate. Guess what - am icing already with ice machine. Am now waiting for my room in ICU for the night - hospital policy cuz of my sleep apnea. Will post when I can but may be a couple of days. My best to all having surgery this week!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

@Jozilla - Can't wait to hear more details from you. I posted my update a few minutes ago here in a new thread.
 
Hi JoAnne ... Welcome home and well done for feeling so good about the TKR. I hope all pain meds are sorted and you are as comfortable as can be. I think of you often during the day, hoping that everything is going well. I will wait to hear more when you are able. Take Care dear JoAnne. Hugs ... Ellen
 
My OS was shocked when I told him about the celebrex. He was horrified and is not what he prescribes. I am much relieved to say the least. He really could not apologize enough. I just hope she has not done this to someone who had no idea about pain meds. When I saw the PA after I talked to the doctor she remarked to me well you will be getting constipated now. Whatever I know how to deal with that too! I started this yesterday and just got back here! Seems I am in a time warp! Thinking of you all even if I am not here!!
 
Hi @Jozilla

Lovely to hear from you and so pleased you have your medication all sorted. Take care now - no overdoing ...................................... someone told me about some mantras or something????

Seriously hope all goes well for you and look forward to chatting again once you are settled and sorted.

Much love XXXXX
 
Thank you all for your support and well wishes!

Will try and catch up a little. Our hospital is having budget cuts and many things weren't the same. Fortunately the joint floor was in good shape. I arrived at 10:00 am and had surgery at two!!! Ugh! My surgery went well but required a lot of ligament balancing. I now have matching straight legs! I had the spinal again with no problems. Only I do remember having it unlike the first surgery. I was sent to critical care for the first night because I have sleep apnea. I feel sorry for anyone who is critical because this floor was awful. They moved me the next morning to the ortho floor after sitting in a regular chair with no ice and being completely ignored. I reported them pronto as I have no patience for not doing your job.

Ortho floor was much better and there were six women - no men in my pt group! It was the complete opposite of what I saw with my first surgery. Everyone did very well. We were medicated well and had lovely private rooms! I survived the week but have more stories to tell. As fatigued as I thought I would be and need a nap!

Xoxoxo
 
Hi @Jozilla It is wonderful to hear that all is going good and happy you are no longer on the critical care floor. I am happy you are getting you pain medication planned by your surgeon better and wishing you quick return to your own home and enviroment and lots of pain free nights and days. Holly
 
Hi holly @lavender yes I am home! Got home around five last night. It is amazing how much of this you forget! My sense of time is still screwed up but will try and do better! Hope you are ok and plan to catch up in the next few days!! Xoxo JoAnne
 
Hi @Jozilla So great to hear you are home and time to give yourself lots of rest and you are doing great. Do not worry about the time take it easy and you are doing great and hope your pain medication is giving you a restful time with no stress. You deserve this break and thinking about you and wishing you all the very best nice to receive your post and all the best for you. Holly
 
@Jozilla I grant that PA 50 lashes with a wet noodle! What an idiot! Thank goodness you talked it out with your surgeon and got what you need. That first week or two is rough so go easy on yourself and rest and sleep when you can. We'll be here when you need us :) Take care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom