Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you have a good walk,i have been for 1 year check up x ray fine told come back in 4 years and enjoy knew knee came home and had some SNOW its 16 may should be spring bike back in garage, heating on looking out window.
 
The foothills and the back range. I'm getting the lingo. Wonderful visit with a good friend. Back to Michigan tomorrow!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-920619598.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 138
My nephew phoned today he has just bought a caravan told him to ask for money back and get a boat we are back in winter again RAIN RAIN.Hoped to get away second week inJjune but just had a letter i am on a coroners jury for 10 days 10 June is this an omen telling me to not bother again with van, last year did not use due to tkr this year ?.
 
I'm just back home in Michigan now. My friend in Colorado that I was visiting, her husband has been away this week golfing in Portugal. Her daily emails from him have been mostly about cold, rain and gale force winds. But they golfed anyway. It must be the same weather system up where you all are!
 
Janet, love the new bod! You are the Wonder Woman my BTKR friend! We are seeing some beautiful sights we would not have seen had we not jumped in and got these knees done kiddo, yay us! :friends:
 
This is premature for my 1 year anniversary in two weeks, but I do have two milestones to report today. One is that I had to sit on the floor to to do some spot cleaning today, and when I went to get up, figuring I'd have to put one knee down and push up (and I always have to choose which knee), I found I was able to swivel around to my feet and get up without needing to put my knee down at all! Not that it would have been a big deal, but I was physically able to get up on my feet!

The other milestone is that I hauled my power recliner out of my den, (and by "I" I mean my husband and son), put it aside upstairs where it can wait for any future potential hip replacement, and put my den back together with my normal furniture! It was the last relic of recuperation, other than the frozen peas in the freezer and the TV in the bedroom, which seems to have made itself at home!
 
We went to Greenfield Village today and sat on a hillside watching Civil War tactical demonstrations. I've never been willing to sit on the hill before. I had less trouble getting up than hubby!
 
Janet, I enjoyed reading your posts as my hometown is SE Michigan! Makes me miss home! I transferred to Las Vegas for work about 5years ago. It's inspiring to me that you have done so much and I look forward to getting out and exploring the beauty of the desert. Up to this point, most of my exploring has been via a vehicle because my knees just couldn't handle it by foot. You can only see so much from a vehicle. My wife has been patiently waiting to explore Zion in Utah and now I am too!

Happy first anniversary on your surgery! Great photos!
 
Thank you! I know your heart is in the right place with your Red Wings avatar! Zion is amazing, you will really enjoy it when you're ready!
 
I took my visiting brother to IKEA today, he'd never been to one before and had no idea of the scope of the place. It's been a darn long time since I've been able to walk through the whole store! Not being in pain made it actually fun! Wish I'd worn my step counter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom