Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm so glad you got a break in the weather! I don't see myself ever putting those kinds of miles on a bike, but it would be nice to be able to! Who knows? I feel anything is possible at this point!
 
Hi Janet, sorry you missed out on golfing today, but biking sounds like lots of fun. You must be having beautiful weather. Elmo and Cookie sound like they are feeling great!
RICBAK1 My goodness, I can't wait until I can do the kinds of things you and Janet are doing!
:bicycle1:
 
You'll get there, it's worth the investment in time to go through recovery! Just keep your eye on 2014!
 
I will do that - Thank you so much for all the encouragement!
 
Hi yes as Janet said you will get there and then start enjoying life again,our weather is getting there but the nights are still freezing frost every night.
 
Thanks Rita! How have you been doing? I've not been very good at getting around the forum lately!
 
Hey Janet the Kentucky Derby is on tomorrow! I remember how we were discussing it last year just before our BTKR's! I don't know the horses yet, but after the "Today Show" tomorrow morning I'll have a better idea of whom I'll root for! Steaks are ready to go on the grill! I do believe I remember that you said your mom was from Kentucky and you held an interest in the "Kentucky Derby"! :)
 
I didn't realize it was coming up, but it is May! Thanks for reminding me, I'll try to watch it! Yes, my mom was from Kentucky and always liked to watch it. I think it was on at Daniel's birthday party last year. Pick a good one!
 
Janet I couldn't believe that the derby apron us either until I heard something on the news Thursday! It's been a whole year already, geez where does the time go! It amazes me every time I think that this time last year we didn't even have our new knees yet. We had so much ahead of us and now it is so behind us! :) I thought I'd get to see the horses and their jockeys this morning but they didn't show them, I guess I'll have to wait and see them when they start at 5 o'clock, the race doesn't actually start until 6:24. I do have my eye on Mylute with the female jockey Rosie Napravnik 15-1, but would have to wait to make a final decision.

Have a great spring weekend kiddo!
 
Today is my 11 month anniversary, and I don't think I can say anything more than what my recent photos have spoken to. A photo speaks a thousand words, don't they say? Although... I have to say I'm beginning to be a little disappointed with my right knee, in that it is sensitive to lateral motion, always feels a little swollen, stiff and sometimes uncomfortable, whereas my left knee feels neutral most of the time. The squeaky wheel gets noticed, so I'm not as thrilled with my right knee when I stop and think about my left. At nearly a year, it makes me wonder if this knee will ever be neutral in the way the other now is. Jury is still out on that, for at least another 6 months. But as my hiking in Utah exemplifies, I am no longer limited in my activities by my knees, even as I still keep those frozen peas on hand for occasional use!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3727943512.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 111
I'll be watching! I suppose it's a rain or shine race, hope it doesn't rain there, but it will be shine here!
 
OMG you live on the edge Janet! I can't believe you are on that rock, you're scaring the day lights out of me! I can tell you,THAT, I would NOT attempt my friend, call me chicken and I'll cluck all the way home! :yikes:

Happy 11th month anniversary Janet! For me it's my left knee that's the problem child, more tenderness and swelling than the right one if I do too much! Like you said, given more time hopefully they'll both feel neutral! You are doing fabulous with those new knees girl! :friends:
 
Hahaha, I climbed lots of rocks, most didn't have anything to hold on to! This is called the mouth of the hippo. I wouldn't have thought I could do all this either, but I decided to try it and find out just what I could do if I took away my "I can't do that" assumptions, and it was/is much more than I ever imagined! I feel freed!
 
Wow we go walking but we are not into everest mountains next you will be paragliding,which my wife loves.I am scared of heights .
 
I have been biking this morning managed 25 mile sunny but very very strong wind,catching up watching Giro De Italia now on pc hope M cavandish wins.
 
1, I am scared of heights, 2, I am scared of pain, and if I fell and hurt myself I'd have no one else to blame, and I hate when that happens!:hissy:
 
My wife likes heights, i dont kids call me a wimp because i will not go on big dipper rides,and i do not seem to mind pain.Cavandish just won .
 
Perhaps the perspective is off in this picture, but I'm only about 18 inches above the path! You should have seen me on a rock at the edge on the ridge above, looking down!

Jacky, if you have the cable station NBCS, they are covering the Derby all day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom