Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. He didn't find anything wrong, no fracture or bone spurs. I need to get that allergy testing done for lidocaine before he is willing to inject me with anything that might help inflammation. So we'll see. This was a new doctor and I did like him. I've filled my calendar until our August vacation with doctors appointments, all the routine stuff that is due after more than a year. The colonoscopy is the one I'm having trouble getting myself to schedule. It will be 10 years this year. If it isn't bad enou already, I was reading the prep instructions today. It said Not to follow the directions that come with the prep, but follow these instructions for a procedure before noon. The day before: of course, a clear liquid diet all day. At 9pm, start drinking 8oz glasses every 10-15 minutes until have the bottle is gone, finishing by 10:30pm. Expect to spend the next 2 hours in the bathroom. Then at 3 am, start drinking the other half bottle every 15 minutes, finishing by 5 am. One would assume there would be further visits to the bathroom over the next couple hours. Oh, and it supportively says that if I become nauseous, just pause and then keep drinking. What kind of crazy hours are those to have to stay up all night drinking prep? If it's an afternoon procedure, then I don't have to get up until 6am, but then I have to wait most of the day before I get to eat. Maybe I'll find a different doctor with an easier plan.
 
Happy one year anniversary for your knees, Janet. Sorry to hear you are suffering with your foot. Do hope you get this sorted soon :flwrysmile:
 
Wow Janet that's great that you don't have any fractures or bone spurs, but an injection sounds like it would hurt, but then again you're already hurting. (((HUGS))) I hope you get some relief quickly.

That colonoscopy clean out is awful, I've done that one and much gentler ones, if there is such a thing. An afternoon appointment is not good for that procedure, is there a way you can get another appointment, say for the morning rather than the afternoon and possibly another prep from this same doctor? I hope you get something else kiddo.
 
I have my choice of morning or afternoon, it's just that for the morning I have to get up at 3 am to drink prep until 5am, which seems unreasonable!
 
I have to wait for allergy testing first, so it will be another month, at least. Today is the first day I've felt some improvement. It's still very sore, but it was the first time I was able to start rolling my foot forward to take a full step. I went to Costco and managed to walk further than I'd planned to, but now it needs some TLC. Thanks for asking! How are you and Norm doing with your necks and backs?
 
I'm glad to hear that you are starting to be able to walk a more normal walk! There's nothing worse than wobbling around in an abnormal gait! Wow, a whole other month before checking for allergies, why does the world seem to be in slow motion when we need attention!

Norm had a nerve damage test done last week, and he may need more epidurals, we'll know more next week. I am still seeing the chiropractor for neck adjustments, which I find great relief from so I'm happy with that. Thanks for asking!

I hope you find great relief for your foot before your family vacation kiddo!
 
I'm glad to hear the chiropractor is helping your neck. I hope something gives Norm more relief. My foot is doing much better, but still tender. After walking Costco, then getting a foot massage from Warren, I was doing circles with my foot and something popped. I felt immediate relief. He looked at the X-rays twice looking for a bone spur, but just didn't see anything. I'll mention the pop (crack?) when I go back. I'll be on vacation next week which is one reason it's taking till the end of the month to get all my appointments done. And then I'll be on vacation again in August.
 
Wow a foot massage from Warren and doing circles with your foot gave immediate relief! It sounds like Warren has a new job around the house, sweet! I hope the relief stays with you for your vacation kiddo, however in any case you'll be bringing your massage therapist with you! :)
 
Today is NOT an anniversary of any kind! July 4th, 11months, came and went and I never thought of it. The first 4th of the month that I didn't think of it. So today is the 11th and it is a great day because it's a beautiful day, I'm on vacation and having fun and relaxing. Isn't that nice!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
, Janet2012!!!! Great to know that those knees have become so much a part of you and so "normal" that an "anniversary" can go by and you don't even realize it. I'm so happy for you---just continue to ENJOY!
 
Woohoo, you're cook'n kiddo! Life is good and getting better all the time! Enjoy the rest of your vacation my bilateral friend! :thumb:
 
This is where my knees took me this last week!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1735777561.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 114
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2137281370.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 129
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2130651677.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 123
And here...
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1877219026.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 120
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1448191820.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 131
OMG how beautiful Janet2012 ! I love your new avatar you look so young and happy! Oh what happy knees will do for us! Elmo and Cookis Monster are doing you proud my friend! :thumb:
 
Jacky, Good Morning America named it the most beautiful place in America in 2011! I don't know how one chooses among all the different beautiful places in our beautiful country, but after narrowing it down to 10, the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore area won the vote. Hey, and it's like being a condo association owner, we all own a little piece of the National Parks!
 
I can see why it won that #1 spot, I would never want to leave. And you are so right there are so many beautiful place in this beautiful country, and so little time to see them all, but we sure could give it one heck of a try with these new knees my friend!
 
Gosh, I was just taking a look at the knee recovery forum and with all the travel in the last four months, and with being busy with life again, I haven't kept up. I don't know the new folks, they don't know me, I don't know where most of the older folks have gone... I'm out of the loop! I think I graduated when I was too busy to notice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom